Planetside - Anyone (still) play?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlanetSide

Been playing for a few months with some guys from BRBU. We play Vanu Sovereignty (SP?). We mostly dick around doing stuff like phantasm drops on BFRs, MagRider Columns, NC Ducklings (one BFR and AA/AV Max suits hiding in its shield and shooting out) and other fun stuff. Just wondering if anyone plays or has played in the past.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes it does. Sony doesn't do the FTP thing. Because they're a huge monolith :p

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wasn't it free for like a year or something? I played it then, kinda bleh.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah. Unfortunately they canceled Reserves and you can't get those characters back. Just seeing if there'd be any interest since you can get it off direct 2 drive and it comes with a free month. Would be fun to get a larger group together for ass hattery. For example, me and 5 other guys rolled 3 mag riders (VS' good tanks) and managed an hour and fifteen minutes without any of us dying. In the mean time we just pwned the hell out of a lot of ppl.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I cant believe how cheap you ****s are.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not everyone gets paid to kill people, guard things, and do paperwork, Z.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not everyone gets paid to kill people, guard things, and do paperwork, Z.
No, but just about anyone can work at a fast food restaurant, wait tables, deliver newspapers, stock shelves, fix vehicles, taxi people around, make sandwiches, blah blah blah.

So again, you guys are cheap ****s.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, I have a job. Just saying, not everybody does. Especially in the US.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And I'm saying if they wanted jobs, they're there waiting for them. It isn't like we're talking about people who are highly qualified for very specific jobs that can't get them due to cost cutting and competition. ****ty jobs are always available, and they pay. If immigrants can get jobs within a week of arriving, these guys can, too.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's a reason why more than 10% people are unemployed Nix.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, I've applied at every fast food join in my area that is hiring, the rest are all laying off, I've applied at each super market, ectera. You know, just because -you- found a job easily, doesn't mean everyone else can. The economy is tough all over, but it's tougher in some than others. I've applied at any place that hires, but when I go, there's also a bin of 20 other peoples...so yeah. I live in New Hampshire, and here, there are barely any jobs when the economy isn't in such a sad state. Not like I have the money to go elsewhere, so yeah. I always love how people who live in a place where it's easy to get a job just assume it must be the same anywhere, if you "really try" you can find a job! Hah. http://www.sbpost.ie/news/world/us-recovery-not-yet-certain-55891.html

70% of the 10% unemployment rate is young adults. Most jobs want an experienced worker...and yet I can't become one without having a job first. So they won't hire me. It's a ****ty cycle. You try applying at McDonalds 3 times and never get a call, see how that affects your pride, even in this economy.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, I've applied at every fast food join in my area that is hiring, the rest are all laying off, I've applied at each super market, ectera. You know, just because -you- found a job easily, doesn't mean everyone else can. The economy is tough all over, but it's tougher in some than others. I've applied at any place that hires, but when I go, there's also a bin of 20 other peoples...so yeah. I live in New Hampshire, and here, there are barely any jobs when the economy isn't in such a sad state. Not like I have the money to go elsewhere, so yeah. I always love how people who live in a place where it's easy to get a job just assume it must be the same anywhere, if you "really try" you can find a job! Hah. http://www.sbpost.ie/news/world/us-recovery-not-yet-certain-55891.html

70% of the 10% unemployment rate is young adults. Most jobs want an experienced worker...and yet I can't become one without having a job first. So they won't hire me. It's a ****ty cycle. You try applying at McDonalds 3 times and never get a call, see how that affects your pride, even in this economy.
Federal agencies are always hiring. Some require more education than others, but they're all hiring.

If you're applying to McDonalds and people are getting hired over you, find out why. Clearly, you're doing something wrong, and whoever gets hired is doing something right. Knowing that people need to work there, they are able to pick and choose based on quality, sociability and personal appearance. I can talk my way into any job that I have the skills necessary to do. It isn't that places aren't hiring. They're just not hiring you. If you really wanted the job, or actually desperately needed it, you'd figure out how to get hired. Unless you live in a coal mining town or something similar, there's always something local. If you have to travel 2 hours, you travel 2 hours. If you have to travel 3, you'll travel 3. The problem is you don't really need it, and so you don't have to put yourself out there as much as the people actually getting hired.

Also, that 10% represents young adults straight out of college. They're not getting hired, because they're choosing occupations that are populated by way too many people. If I need 30 people, and there are 1000 looking for the same job, I can pick and choose who I want based on whatever absurd criteria I deem fit. If I need 30 people, and there are only 20 applying, I'm not left with too many options and so they're all necessary to continuing my operation. IT guys are a dime a dozen. People need to realize that.

As for my particular occupation, even when I get out I'll have a job, either with the fed or in the private industry. Why? Because I have a skill set and experience desperately sought out by those industries. And even if I didn't have experience, I'd still have the skill set, and through nothing more than manipulation and talking a good game, I'd still get the job. Learn to sell yourself, and choose a job people actually need done.

Clearly money isn't an issue for some of you. You guys have computers, electricity is being paid for you're sheltered and you still have access to the internet. If mommy is paying for all of that, fantastic. However, if you're buying 60 dollar games for your console, then you're an idiot.

Edit: It occurred to me we've taken over Karrde's thread. If anyone actually wants to continue this conversation, let's make another thread.

Last edited:
Just a nice person :)
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well, I just don't buy any game that offers a monthly fee only.
It's WAY more expensive than just buying one at start but you don't feel it that well in your pocket at start.

That's why I hate WoW too, not the game, but the damn price.

And yes, you can get 10$ in a month EASY but if you play a game 2 years...well..240 dollars to waste.

I prefer to waste 50$ or less once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom