Plagerism now acceptable?

Best answers
Excuse me people, but I've recently been having problems with people stealing others people work. Two of my friends had their signatures ripped, and a stranger did too, and then one guy I only know for his work had a background he made ripped. The only people that did anything for it was the owners themselves, or the owners friends. Even when people know it was stolen, they did nothing. One guy was even praised for his "excellent work" by people who knew darn good and well that it was ripped. Is plagerism now acceptable? o_O

The arguments of these people was that "even fan art is plagerism, in one way, so for personal uses it's completely fine", but I don't think that it works that way, especially since it's not just for personal uses.

What's with that? What do you guys think?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Screw plagerism. Those guys are ***... People ripped my work in school and no one did anything. The teacher almost killed me... Cuz she thought I ripped something off of the net. When your stuff is ripped, you wouldnt be to happy would you?
Thats why people get sued... But its not like you can do anything about it online. Heres what I say, SCREW THE PLAGERIZERS!!!

Best answers
Hehe someone on these forums stole my avatar so I had to get a new one, but I dont remember who or really care.

In school though they say they have machines that can find plagerized pieces down to 8 words. So if you have 8 continious words that a book or website might have they might look into it. I think thats goin a lil far, but I hate plagerism. Always use parathentical references!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Plagiarism is weak...it's one thing to use another's artwork and manipulate it to make a new part of an original image (similar to say, making a song where the riff is built like a riff in another song, but different, even if it's around the same spot). It's entirely another to take the damn image and change the name!!

Best answers
If you want to get picky about it, anyone who uses Dragonball art in their siggy's or avatars and labels it as theirs is in fact plagiarism. You didn't make the art featured in the image, what right do you have to say it is yours?

I recall an instance where I was in an oldschool anime HTML chat at www.animeigo.com where I used an avatar I found on another user's webpage to make my own. The moment they saw it, they freaked out, saying that they hate it when people steal their work. My immediate response was "Did you draw it? No? Then shut up."

I wouldn't support someone stealing an entire sig and passing it off as their own, but merely using a background another user made seems like a small thing to complain about.

Best answers
Plagerism? I just recieved a 99% on a paper that I took 75% off the internet, with minimal changes...hey I did the research of looking that **** up...artwork is different...they should be burned alive

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i find it somewhate funny how u r giving a speach on plagerism when u have a dbz character in your sig which you obviously did not draw. thats kind of hypocrytical huh?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If someone's plagarizing or ripping artwork, send a message to one of the moderators. We will not stand for that kind of behavior on these forums. In fact, we just took down a guy for stealing art a little while ago.

-Karrde-

Best answers
WEll i'm not a realy darn good artist but when people rip me (when it's a good piece or totaly worthless) they just must give credit where credit is due... on my new site i have (a rather weird one) disclaimer (yes it is one) that makes sure all the work shown on my site gets his deserved credit... if not.. they may kill me :p uhm no no no easy guys didn't meant that.

anyway ripping is a way of live nowa days.. and you can barely fight it. though if you went to there host most will be kicked out due illigal content.

Best answers
I meant background as in wallpaper, not as in a mere pattern.

Oh, to Kardde, it was the admin/creator of another forum that stole the wallpaper for his own sig, so complaining didn't exactly get me anywhere.

To 1m4, that was one of their arguments, but I don't think that holds ground considering I not only don't claim Vegeta as my own creation, but that these pictures (as far as I know Ryoko) are taken from a perfectly legal and/or official DBZ website and/or cel gallery that say you can borrow the art made by Akira Toriyama.

But that's not part of the "essay".

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Plagerism is not tollerated on these forums in any way shape or form. Image Manipulators must credit the original author in their work . . . Funimation does not enforce a ban on image content as long as it isn't sold. Unfortunately for you VB, the only thing you can do is speak with the admins' host. We cannot do anything for you from here.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I see both sides of it. I myself do not rip, only for fun, not for anything important, I'd never used somthing I ripped just use it for a laugh.

Now if someone edits somthing enough it isn't really wrong. As long as the image is manipulated to an extent that the original is barely viewable and no one could actually safly say what the original looked like, this is ok with me.

I do not care if people rip, makes no diff to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom