PL specific movement speed

Best answers
Form mastery has no bearing on speed, it's all based on what form you are in. If you master the SSJ form, you're still an SSJ so you won't get a speed increase. And SSJ3 hasn't been implemented yet, so we don't know. Shouldn't though :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sounds good to me :) have they got any further with the whole should non-saiyans be able to detransform thing?

Best answers
Originally posted by Skewnite
from what i understand all charecters will be able to transform and detransform
Not exactly...it's still undecided. But I think we're leaning more on the Saiyan only part.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by [ESF]nighthawk

Not exactly...it's still undecided. But I think we're leaning more on the Saiyan only part.
is there any sort of advantage to detransforming cus i think that if they run out of Ki they shouldnt have to detransform but they want to for whatever reason they should be able to.

Best answers
If they run out of ki, why should they stay transformed? When they run out of ki, it means they have no energy left, and if they don't have any energy left, they can't sustain the SSJ form because we know it takes energy to hold it, mastered or not (from the show; mastering it in game will stop ki drainage from holding the form). That's why it knocks you out of form. There isn't supposed to be an advantage to it, although if you're crafty you may find something ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If they run out of ki, why should they stay transformed? When they run out of ki, it means they have no energy left, and if they don't have any energy left, they can't sustain the SSJ form because we know it takes energy to hold it, mastered or not (from the show; mastering it in game will stop ki drainage from holding the form). That's why it knocks you out of form. There isn't supposed to be an advantage to it, although if you're crafty you may find something ;)

no i ment non-saiyans

Best answers
Originally posted by .FM.
no
Wrong...it's already coded in. :) You won't really notice it till we add in the other forms though, which will be after this release.

And non-Saiyans don't fall out of form either. I think someone mentioned that Frieza might be the only non-Saiyan able to de-transform :) Although I don't see any advantages to it

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
I tested for a while the other night, and whislt playing, i unexpectedly fell out of SSJ form......... quite a surprise at the time actually. I found myself having to escape the fight scene in order to raise my Ki enough to Ascend again. All in all, its a great addition to the gameley, and along with other things that have been implemented, adds a REAL strategy aspect to ESF.

That said tho, My opinon [i said opinion! no flames!] re: non saiyan characters is that they should be able to descend at will, even tho they wont be descending due to Ki loss, it would still add an extra element to a game that is overflowing with awesome gameplay as it is. ;)

Best answers
It would be nice...but where do you see Buu or Cell or Piccolo de-transforming whenever they want. Cell only does it because Gohan knocks the stuffing out of him and Buu doesn't really de-transform, he just transforms again :p And we know Piccolo can't de-transform. I said I heard that Frieza might be the exception to the rule, because we know he can de-transform. Krillen...well, let's say he won't either ;) And we all know the Saiyans can de-transform. See where I'm going with this... :)

As for form mastery, you'll be too busy playing to really notice it anyways.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Cheeseman

That said tho, My opinon [i said opinion! no flames!] re: non saiyan characters is that they should be able to descend at will, even tho they wont be descending due to Ki loss, it would still add an extra element to a game that is overflowing with awesome gameplay as it is. ;)
thats what i said but i do see nighthawks point with cell cus his were perminant bodily transformations, buu can tho cus Kid Buu is his Original form ive seen this on every official site.

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
I do see ya point to a degree, however, In all reality i see at as a gameplay enhancement, theres nothing cheap about it, nothing spammable about it, it would merely allow you to powerdown to have a fair fight with someone who was yet to ascend.

As for being true to DBZ, which episode did Lord Zero star in? :p

Cheers ;)

Best answers
Eh?? Lord Zero? You don't know? Sheesh, what kind of DBZ fan our you? Everybody knows Lord Zero, he was in that episode when...;) Anyways, cough, back to subject. You make a valid case which we've already considered with my aboved mentioned case, henceforth the undecided part still. As for Kid Buu, what happens is that Super Evil Buu absorbs Veggetto and they unfuse inside of him. Then they free everyone inside of him, causing him to transform again (or de-transform) into Kid Buu. This situation is the same as when Gohan causes Cell to de-transform, it's an outside factor that does it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh?? Lord Zero? You don't know? Sheesh, what kind of DBZ fan our you? Everybody knows Lord Zero, he was in that episode when...;) Anyways, cough, back to subject. You make a valid case which we've already considered with my aboved mentioned case, henceforth the undecided part still. As for Kid Buu, what happens is that Super Evil Buu absorbs Veggetto and they unfuse inside of him. Then they free everyone inside of him, causing him to transform again (or de-transform) into Kid Buu. This situation is the same as when Gohan causes Cell to de-transform, it's an outside factor that does it.
i havent seen it yet but when ya say they free everyone does that include like piccolo and that cus if so then i spotted a plot hole cus when dabura got eaten he died but they didnt or did they?

oh and do they free fat buu?

but still i think Buu should be able to detransform, but then its your choice so........ :)

Best answers
i have to agree with cheese it will be hard to hide my power level if i am stuck with someone who cant. This makes them a target and worries me about people only playing goku vegeta gohan trunks because of it. I mean lets say if krillen grew hair everyone knows that is a more powerful version of him and will be a target But a vegeta could go out of super and not be as bad of a target as poor krillen. but this will be weird seeing krillen pop in and out with hair :/ a way around this is to make a depower button to have krillen hide his power to make him weaker and less of a target. and still keep the hair that makes him cool. yes you can go in and out of turbo but they could hide there power level easy. even buu had to power up to use his full power. i think this is just me that it takes a couple of secs to power up to full. Picture this a goku charging a kama Kaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmm and hit the power up button since he was hiding his power and a little effect happens shooting his power up making his beam more powerful. But hey what do i know :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lucky i read ya whole post i just saw the top and was gunna just post "just have a button for those that cant detransform" and they i saw you said it, but a button would be the best and you could still have it for saiyans just theirs isnt as quick to power up/down

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom