PINK FLOYD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
pink floyd kicks ass :0

i think my dad has the concert at the berlin wall (back in the 60's or something, 80's, i forgot). I watched it. A-****ing-mazing.

Best answers
I thought that was pretty sweet that they were at the Live 8. I think people are really making a difference to fight poverty this time. It looks like the G8 leaders are really gonna help Africa out.

It was really sweet to see Pink Floyd and other bands like U2 there. Awesome to see Pink Floyd reuniting for this.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I'm talking about the songs they just played at "Live 8", their first reunion in 23 years?

ARGHH

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I missed live 8...NOOOO >_<

They had a full reunion with their old guitarist? That's crazy, pink floyd is still together they've just had a different guitarist or singer or something..I forget..for the past..lots of years :eek:

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Ah man Magus, that really sucks.

Pink Floyd was awesome. I can't believe how well they did after years of not playing togather. >>

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
They are still together...-_- They never disbanded, they just got a different guitar player or singer or something a long time ago.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They lost their singer, and their guitar player David Gilmour took over, if I recall.

Either way Pink Floyd has always run like a well oiled machine. And I'm pissed I missed it. But I have PULSE, and my dad was actually THERE LIVE, so I guess it's not so bad that I missed it. My dad is going to be pissed, though.

My dad's best bud is so into Pink Floyd that one day I was over his house and he had the Pink Floyd PULSE live video in. I was trying to talk to his son, who was only 7. He wouldn't answer me at all. I asked him why and he said, "Daddy says we're not supposed to say anything while Pink Floyd is on." hehe.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Best CD's of there is hands down The Wall and Dark Side of the Moon. I don't know how many times I've gotten messed up then just relaxed to there music. Its good times!

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Delicate sound of thunder is also a great album, Dark side of the moon is the most sold album of all time, it's decent, but I think other floyd is better than Dark Side.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sure lots of people do...but no one here was talking about that.

Best answers
PINK FLOYD OWNS ALL !!!!!!!!!!! to me, best guitarists and bets musicians i ever heard :p:p !!! :D:D !!! i also have all albums bought :p final cut and wall and dark side of the moon owned
nuff said ..

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm a pink floyd fiend. I woulda killed to see that concert, but it wa sonly one show and in the UK, yes?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Yeah but like 90% of their set was played without interruption on a few major American channels. >_>

Nobody who watched Live 8 gave a crap about Africa, they just wanted to see Pink Floyd lol.

They interrupted their set in the middle of the 2nd solo of Comfortably Numb, in order to say "WOW, THIS IS JUST LIKE AMAZING, PINK FLOYD OMG HOLY CRAP... etc. etc. etc.".

I was so pissed, I g-lined everyone on my IRC network and started raging around the house throwing stuff. >_<

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gilmore aint looking swell.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just typed out a huge story about my dad's friend being given a check for 10,000 dollars by David Gilmore, but the forum screwed up and ate it. Long story short, my dad's friend, a homeless drifter, was playing guitar outside of some music hall when a guy comes out and tells him that he's really good, one of the best lefthanded guitar players he's met. But his guitar is all broken and ruined; he traveled cross country without a dime, from Boston to the west coast, and the thing was ten years old. The guy comments that he ought to be playing a much nicer guitar then that. So my father's friend makes a remark about how he's been living day to day for years, and they talk about how he was from Boston originally, and he makes a comment that he'd love this left-handed Martin back in Boston but he never even had close to the 9000 bucks they wanted for it.

Martin, for those of you who don't know, is a company that makes extremely high end acoustic guitars; left-handed guitars were MUCH harder to come by in the time before the internet, too. So that is why the damn thing was so expensive.

The guy says, "You know what?"

He pulls out a checkbook, writes a check, and shakes Bobby's hand with it. He says "Do the right thing" and then gets in the limo. Bobby looks at the check and, in his own words, "almost **** a lung" when he saw it was for $10,000 dollars--and the signature on it was "David Gilmour." (don't know if I spelled that right)

He loved pink floyd like all my dad's friends--he'd played mostly pink floyd songs, which is what he was doing when the guy took notice of him supposedly. I wouldn't believe a damn word of this story except for the fact that I met this guy Bobby, because the first thing he did was cash that check the minute the banks opened and bought himself a bus ticket cross country back here. He went and bought that damn guitar and still has it to this day.

He came back to find his girlfriend had gotten married and it kind of sucked because he was going to try and get his old life back like it was before he went and became a drifter. So he went off again but this time he was less crazy about it, he has some dayjob in Western Mass now waiting tables at a steakhouse. Sometimes he gets in contact with my dad and they jam together--and yes, he is using that same Martin left-hander. I wouldn't really even believe the story if it wasn't for the fact that I saw the guitar itself.

I don't know if the story is true or not. Either way they guy must have done something BIG to have gone from homeless drifter to homeless drifter with super rare guitar on his back. The guy was always a little weird but for some reason I believe the story, and so does my dad--after all, we've seen the guitar, and my dad swears it was that same one he always wanted when they were younger. Plus he was somehow able to afford to live in a hotel for almost a month when he first came back.

No one will ever know the truth but if it is true David Gilmour may very well have saved Bobby's life. I went to high school with his daughter and didn't even know it--he would have never even known he had a daughter if he hadn't come back to town to buy that guitar.

Funny how things work out, either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom