Pfft gaint squid...check this thing out

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there humans go again by ****ing things up... that couldve been teh start of a new species but nooooo take the thing outve nature so we can experiment and get all kinds of attention :(

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there humans go again by ****ing things up... that couldve been teh start of a new species but nooooo take the thing outve nature so we can experiment and get all kinds of attention :(
It already was a species, I don't know what you mean by it could have been the start of a new species... no harm was done in the grand scheme of things, we just get a live specimen to study is all.

Anyways, Giant Squids / Colossal squids are pretty amazing creatures, cool to see we caught one alive. I want to see some videos of the thing

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I want to see a video of a Giant Squid and a Sperm Whale having one of their Colossal fights. Man, that would be something to see before you die.

Best answers
Just because it was caught near dead, doesn't mean it's still alive. When you catch something like this, you don't freeze it unless it's dead (freezing it prevents it from decomposing). Otherwise you'd put water in the hold with it, and keep it alive.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I want to see a video of a Giant Squid and a Sperm Whale having one of their Colossal fights. Man, that would be something to see before you die.

That would be a better fight

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But if the T-Rex wins, it'll drown...

...cool.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL... the sperm whale is nothing but a platform for the T-Rex... that the squid is dragging down with it.
-

I think there are gigantic animals in the sea, that are so perceptive to their surroundings, we'll never find them.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The bottom of the ocean scares the **** out of me, because it's so dark down there, and we still don't really know a whole lot about what's down there. We know there's life, because we've found a lot of new species, but as to what else, we're still pretty much in the dark (pardon the pun).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The bottom of the ocean scares the **** out of me, because it's so dark down there, and we still don't really know a whole lot about what's down there. We know there's life, because we've found a lot of new species, but as to what else, we're still pretty much in the dark (pardon the pun).
Most of the fearsome deep deep deep sea dwellers are REALLY fragile.

It's like a whole other world down there. The Pressure from what is essentially the weight of the ocean is IMMENSE. I don't know for sure, but I believe that the squid wouldn't survive long on the surface if it came up healthy just from the pressure change. In converse, in order to survive in the pressures of the deep sea floor we need special mixtures of air to survive. If you've ever seen the film "The Abyss" that liquid oxygen mixture crap that Ed Harris breathed inside the suit is actually, as far as I'm aware, a completely legitmate theory(Although when the alien structure rose to the surface, the changes in pressure around and in the underwater facility would have killed the crew without hours upon hours of slow pressure change to allow them to readjust.)

Best answers
I was kind of erkked that as opposed to letting this "rare species," procreate, they're going to let it live in a museum, without a mate. Hopefully they will release it as soon as they're done studying it.

Best answers
ha, release it, your joking right this world wont do that they will probs end up tryin to clone it like they do nearly everything else and im sure collossol squids have been spoken of before i remember i had this book when i was younger and my bro gave it to me, had all sorts of sea animals in from turtles to colossal squids and bro is 22 now and he had the book when he was like 5

so yeah they aint that popular.

also T-rex + whale gettin pwned by squid :D love it!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's a lot of calamari.
Ha, that was my first thought.

I was kind of erkked that as opposed to letting this "rare species," procreate, they're going to let it live in a museum, without a mate. Hopefully they will release it as soon as they're done studying it.
Considering that it's dead...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom