PC Trouble

Best answers
Ok.. The last little while my comp has been messing up a bit but prolly the biggest proplem is the crashing. I'll go play any game this makes no difference if its PacMan or Quake 3 it crashes for no realy reason it just shuts down (The game) and when i goto play it agian it says "An Error has Eccured if you continue to experiance proplems try restarting your computer."

My specs on my comp are:
NVIDIA RIVA TNT2
866 Mhz
27 GB (10 GB Left)
32 Bit colour(True Colour)
Cicero P3
Cable Connection.
Windows ME

Thats my comp i really want help cause i'm in a clan but if i can't stay stable well playing TFC I can not practice or perticipate in clan matches.

Also i will not Reformat my computer my parents would frickin flip.

Any help would be aprreciated thanks later.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
*o_O
*edited for sanity's sake
*proof positive that the mentally ill need better hospitals
*Cucumba!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm i dunno whats up, try downloading the latest drivers for windows and your video card

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
format c:// u have the same specs as I have, it shouldn't take long really.

Best answers
I realized tat mchawking is the new vilage idiot CHANGE YOUR TITLE HAWK

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, he didn't last long. The fool. I would have banned him as ASAP as they did. WOW man, spammer.

Uh... it freezes, ya comp. That can be anything. try pressing CTRL+DEL+ALT and see if any programs froze. Buts more likely that either your windows has got corrupt. (then sorry buddy but reïnstall) Or your HDD is gone. (thats even worse yes)

And unless you got a detailed error report about the crashes we can't help. I mean, like I said, it could be ANYTHING.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You may have a virus. Install a virus scanner and scan your entire computer. Set to clean files and backup as well.

If this deosn't fix it then i'm afraid you may have to reload your computer.

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by OneWingedAngel
I said i can't reformat any of my drives my parents would kill me
do u have usb ports? I guess so, buy a harddrive of 60gb transfer the important things to there. Or put everything on a cd what's important.

I really don't thing u have any other option then that (if it isn't anything that's been siad in this threat)

Best answers
no error comes up thats the thing
it doesn't freeze just any game i play for more then say 10-30 min just crashes doesn't freeze i just go back to my desktop and i can't load any more games till i restart

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well dunno if burners are as common where you live but where i am everyone i know has a burner me too :D but just find someone with one install the burner (ya dont have to put it in a port just sit it on top of ya comp) then back everything up and format its a$$, i think its the only way ya gunna fix ya problem cus if its been workin fine up till now and just started for no real reason then its most likely bad sectors or something like that all of which can be fixed by formating

Best answers
/me snaps fingers starts to :cry:

Ohhh Crap well yeah i got a burner and a DVD Rom :D the best part. Well i'll start backing up my files then i'll have to get around the part where my parents kill O_O

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It might also be a dying or overburdened power source.

Overheating could cause it too.

If the fresh formatting doesn't help, it's time to bust out the phone book and find a technician (if your faint of heart).

Best answers
lol wouldn't it be smart to do that before i reformated and hear what he had to say... I think i'll do that first :tired:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom