Password

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
anyone know how to get past a pre-login password?

im not really sure what it is, but i cant even start the computer without typing in this password. is there anyway past it?

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A password set in the Bios? When your computer is starting up, look to see what button you need to push to go into the BIOS, not sure if it's universal or not.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
eh, all i can say is its a black screen that asks for a password.

it wont let me go into anything. if it try to go into whatever f12 was, it just goes to the password screen still.

EDIT: to be more specific is says, right in the middle of the black screen:

enter CURRENT password.

when i try to hit f11 for the boot menu, it still just goes to that screen. is there anyway, at all, past it or do i absolutely need the password?

Last edited:
~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
sounds like a bios password, to disable it your gonna have to reset the motherboard to default, which means your probably gonna have to take the cover off and either reset the cmos jumper or pull out the battery on the motherboard for a bit.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sounds like a bios password, to disable it your gonna have to reset the motherboard to default, which means your probably gonna have to take the cover off and either reset the cmos jumper or pull out the battery on the motherboard for a bit.
That's pretty radical to reset a BIOS pw.

You have to get into bios (most of the time it's the del key) try pushing the button before and after the pw prompt.
Then you need to check for option called bios/master/system password (can't wuite remember what it's really called).
There you should be able to change it.

I'll look into my bios, and edit this when I found something.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
That's pretty radical to reset a BIOS pw.

You have to get into bios (most of the time it's the del key) try pushing the button before and after the pw prompt.
Then you need to check for option called bios/master/system password (can't wuite remember what it's really called).
There you should be able to change it.

I'll look into my bios, and edit this when I found something.
That is not going to help if there is a password on the BIOS itself. I am not sure if you get the password prompt before or after when you are able to get in to the setup.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That is not going to help if there is a password on the BIOS itself. I am not sure if you get the password prompt before or after when you are able to get in to the setup.
Yea you have to enter it to get into bios, but if I understood it correctly, he's just annoyed by the pw.

Just checked it, press del often right after rebooting, this should bring you into bios.
There you have to enter the pw. Then check for something like security settings, or set supervisor/user password.
Just select the set password option, and enter nothing. This disables the pw.
Exit and save changes.

In case you don't have the pw anymore, then you really need to remove the Bios jumper/battery.
But you'd have to set all bios settings again.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Yea you have to enter it to get into bios, but if I understood it correctly, he's just annoyed by the pw.

Just checked it, press del often right after rebooting, this should bring you into bios.
There you have to enter the pw. Then check for something like security settings, or set supervisor/user password.
Just select the set password option, and enter nothing. This disables the pw.
Exit and save changes.

In case you don't have the pw anymore, then you really need to remove the Bios jumper/battery.
But you'd have to set all bios settings again.
In my case, I barely have to set bios settings. Been done for me automatically ^_^.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
for the record, no, i dont have the password. i am locked out of my computer.

where is the battery on the motherboard? or this cmos jumper?

and, how would i reset the bios if i were to do this?

just so you know my motherboard is an ASRock something or other. if it helps at all.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
for the record, no, i dont have the password. i am locked out of my computer.

where is the battery on the motherboard? or this cmos jumper?

and, how would i reset the bios if i were to do this?

just so you know my motherboard is an ASRock something or other. if it helps at all.
The battery is quite easy to find:

Remove this for like 10 seconds, put it back in and the password is gone. You shouldn't have a hard time searching for it, as there is only 1 battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom