Passion of the Christ

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't imagine I will go and see it. Maybe though. I really don't know anything about the bible. I've never read it, never been to a church service. I'm sure I know "enough" about Jesus to understand what's going on, but I'm sure there would be plenty of little things that get past me.

Best answers
Deman said:
omg Magus, you posted a spoiler!!!!

I'm editing your post!!!

I'll probably be watching it. And, as usual, this thread will be closely watched. No crusades will be going on here. And if there are, let it be known that the forum gods shall smite the heathens.
you broke the second commandment :D. more on topic, it restored my faith in movies after seeing gili (I blame my step sister ><), i bet it will top titanic in the box office.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The movie looks great. I will definitely be going to see it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Passion is the saying for the last 12 hours of Jesus's life.. Dont post here if your just going to ridicule the Catholic religion.

Sound Artist
Best answers
It has a graphic nature just to show people what Jesus actually went through for us. It also really doesn't matter if you "Make money off of God". Just as long as your spreading the word. Infact Mel Gibson donated millions of dollars into the making of this movie. So enjoy and take it seriously, because if you don't you better prepare some SPF 1,000,000.:)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't post if you aren't informed. The movie isn't about Jesus's life, it's about his death. It wasn't made for money, it was made to tell a story; I seriously doubt Mel Gibson would be doing something this controversial and personal just for the money. It's Mel Gibson's interpretation of the last twelve hours of Christ's life and how he was tortured. It has relatively little to do with the bible itself, just a few of the passages.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Part of the AUP specifically states that you have to respect eachother, and that slander against someone's religeon is forbidden.

That means that you can't post offensive anti-christian material, but it also means that the christians can't start another crusade . . .

The discussion is about the Passion, not what your opinion is on Christianity.

Best answers
did u guys hear how the main actor got struck by lightning in the filming of one of the scenes? thats some freaky **** o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
Don't post if you aren't informed. The movie isn't about Jesus's life, it's about his death. It wasn't made for money, it was made to tell a story; I seriously doubt Mel Gibson would be doing something this controversial and personal just for the money. It's Mel Gibson's interpretation of the last twelve hours of Christ's life and how he was tortured. It has relatively little to do with the bible itself, just a few of the passages.
It wasnt his interpretation of his death, its how it is in the Bible. Its facts. :S

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
CrackerJack said:
It wasnt his interpretation of his death, its how it is in the Bible. Its facts. :S

It's his interpretation... it's a movie. The bible is a book. The translation from book into movie means interpretation. Mel Gibson invented characters that were nowhere in the Bible, that is all a part of his interpretation. Like I said, be informed.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mel Gibson is a very faithful man. I know people who have been to religious seminars that he's spoken at. This movie wasn't done for the fortune it brought in(though you must admit, it was a factor).

I plan on seeing it Tuesday, I'm interested to see it.

Best answers
ScavengeR said:
did u guys hear how the main actor got struck by lightning in the filming of one of the scenes? thats some freaky **** o_O
Yeah I heard about that at school on ash wenesday (the day the movie come out for those who don't pratice the catholic religion.) Some people think it's some sort of sign, but who knows. It was so well made i'm gonna see it again. My uncle and aunt went 3 times already and cried everytime. Look out titanic the passion is going be kickin your arse(need to keep it clean we are talkin about jesus btw :D) every step of the way.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I saw it the other day

I'm not a believer but I enjoyed the movie.

To whoever asked how long it went for, it's about 2 hours long

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i went to go see the movie yesterday, and im pretty speachless... very depressing movie, i dont know what all the controversy was about, its clearly mel gibsons vision on what happened the last 12 hours of jesuss life, and im pretty sure it was a lot worse than that

powerful movie, i give it a 10/10

Best answers
I keep hearing all this crap about it "promoting anti-semitism" and I just keep thinking, that if you're such a shallow person that a hollywood movie changes your views on a subject than you got much greater problems than the movie itself.

Not to mention everyone depicted besides the Roman's were Jewish anyway. Jesus down to just about everyone important.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Romans were not Jewish.. Romans were.. Roman. They believed in the gods, such as Juno and Jupiter.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
too bad this topic is closed because u all cant follow instructions

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom