openGL

Force Pit Member
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i know but when ever i select it..a message displays saying that the specified video mod is not supported..

Best answers
its Intel(R) 82815 Graphics Controller (Microsoft Corporation)
Well your video card is a piece of crap, but that's not the issue here.

If you have WINDOWS XP download this:
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scr...797&DwnldID=4665&strOSs=&OSFullName=&lang=eng

If you have WINDOWS 95, WINDOWS 98, or WINDOWS ME then download this:
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scr...All&OSFullName=All Operating Systems&lang=eng

There you go buddy. OpenGL should work once you download your drivers.

Best answers
Just don't expect to make use of the features for the 1.5 or 2.0 specifications... :laff:

Didn't think anyone still tried using on-board chips for gaming. ;)

Force Pit Member
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
ok when i install the sofware this message appears "system contains newer graphics driver 6.13.1.3198. confirm to overwrite and install older driver 6.13.01.3196." so wat shuld i do?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Don't install the older drivers. Instead play ESF on D3D, its not really much worse than OpenGL.

O and start saving for a new graphics card.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't install the older drivers. Instead play ESF on D3D, its not really much worse than OpenGL.

O and start saving for a new graphics card.
At this point I would recommend buying a new system, the 815 based chipset are Socket 370, which is the socket used for later Pentium3/Celeron processors.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok when i install the sofware this message appears "system contains newer graphics driver 6.13.1.3198. confirm to overwrite and install older driver 6.13.01.3196." so wat shuld i do?
Don't Ever bother, my friend had this same problem, same graphics card as you have, and he got in opengl like 20-30fps..
of course it depends also in cpu such as Ghz etc..

solution: just buy a new graphics card, Ati Radeon is a smart choice :yes:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't Ever bother, my friend had this same problem, same graphics card as you, and he got like 20-30fps..
ofcourse it depends also in cpu such as Ghz etc..

His processor and memory will bottleneck the gfx card...
I assume there are newer games you will want to play in future too, which even adds more point to upgrading your system ratehr then just one part of your current system as you won't get the best out of it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes well that is useful to do sometimes also, but i was just suggesting for him to get a new gfx, because he didn't tell anything about his computers specs, so i assume it has intel core duo 2, because my friend also had that..

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes well that is useful to do sometimes also, but i was just suggesting for him to get a new gfx, because he didn't tell anything about his computers specs, so i assume it has intel core duo 2, because my friend also had that..
I wouldn't assume that a old chipset that is based on Socket 370 would not feature a core2 chip that is designed for a newer socket format... It's common sense to know that.

While the core2 chips are enhanced versions of the P6 design used by Intel processors before the P4's netburst design, we are talking about a older socket format here.

Best answers
Okay buddy, say YES to overwrite the files.

I'll explain because I know some disagree with me:

When XP was released, Intel didn't have XP-ready drivers for their 82815, so Microsoft just updated OLDER drivers to be compadible with XP, and I know what I'm talking about, I had a 82815 before....so you WANT to overwrite the files, because Intel's drivers are newer and support 32MB graphics memory instead of 8MB in the older versions.

So to paraphrase, say yes when it asks to overwrite, that will install the drivers and OpenGL will work(slow as it will be...).

Best answers
Don't suggest a type to him. The idea is to remain unbiased.

Either an nVidia FX 5200+ (you can get one for $50), or an ATI Radeon 9200+ (also for $50) will do the trick.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't suggest a type to him. The idea is to remain unbiased.

Either an nVidia FX 5200+ (you can get one for $50), or an ATI Radeon 9200+ (also for $50) will do the trick.
They are not called FX 5200+ or 9200+, they are known as FX 5200/5200 ultra and 9200/9200 SE/LE. While it may do a quick fix to be able to play some games better, it would be better to look into getting a new system.

Best answers
They are not called FX 5200+ or 9200+, they are known as FX 5200/5200 ultra and 9200/9200 SE/LE. While it may do a quick fix to be able to play some games better, it would be better to look into getting a new system.
Well, it was kind of a "get this with the new computer" idea, and start off with the budget cards first. You don't need to shoot for the moon.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Still, my old computer was only a Pentium 3 667 With a Geforce FX 5700LE 250 core, 200 memory at stock, to 570x490. (Dont know why the core did so well!).
Only had 256Mb of SD Ram, The machine ran FarCry rather well. Yet, Doom 3... No hope in hell.
FarCry was more Graphics dependant, whilst Doom3 wanted alot more Processor grunt.
the 5700LE or Radeon 9550 Are probably my picks at the moment for a low end machine. Or you could allways get the 7600GS and move that card into a newer system down the road. So depends on what type of games you wish to play in all their glory.
If you only wish to play Half Life mods etc. Then bludge an el-cheapo Geforce 2MX or a Geforce 4 MX440 off a friend, or ebay, Even a TNT 2 M64 would suffice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom