OpenGl mode

Best answers
hmph. I just got a new hard drive, installed all my stuff *again*, and now HL says that my video card dosnt support my opengl mode, yet i KNOW it can. I remember having this prob before, i just cant remember how to fix it =/

Best answers
Do you have XP and a GEForce card? if so then you probably need to redownload the detonators, go to the nvidia website and go from there.

Best answers
else change some other video settings like high detail stuff.
that worked for me too once

Best answers
thats happened to me when format and install everything. Installing the newest drivers and the latest version of directx usually corrects that for me

Best answers
Ah yes, i forgot to nab those drivers!!! thx for your help all :laff:

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually I was wondering if there was any way to update OpenGl itself without getting new detonator drivers. Do the detonator drivers actually even have OpenGl updates in them? The only way I've confirmed of doing this is downloading that proggy from OpenGl.com and searching for the drivers, but they don't support Geforce3s

Best answers
hmm, i dunno. i just went to nivida.com and dled the driver for my os, now it works :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can get videocard tweakers at www.guru3d.com
They can boost preformance for your video card. There are also tweaks for OpenGL, Software, and Direct3D, Sonic, if thats what your asking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom