Oobies Radio

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thus a dawn of a new age!
http://radio.oobies.org - http://gamers-desire.de/radio/

Alright for a long time oobies.org was just a lame website with a dancing monkey and of course the sexy no name wonderbread girl but I am please to announce something good has come out of the oobies name.

Thanks to the work and help from DJ Ready I'm pleased to announce to you that http://radio.oobies.org is live and kicking and will be maintaining live radio streams and if no one is on air you will still be able to tune in and listen to a wide majority of songs you may or may not know.

Also if you think you have what it takes to become a DJ feel free to contact me at [email protected] I will be taking applications even if you have not DJ'ed before but willing to give it a try.

You can come visit us at our IRC channel on irc://irc.gamesurge.net/oobies-radio or connect to GameSurge using your mIRC client and /join #oobies-radio.
If you have problems connecting or getting mIRC to work just follow my guide posted here:
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=63386

Thanks Mastasurf for letting us advertise this one and only post on oobies radio and please keep all topics about Oobies Radio in this thread.

Sincerely
Phobius
DJ Ready

P.s. If you're having problems with the http://radio.oobies.org domain use http://gamers-desire.de/radio/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright. Well done, you guys. Can't wait to hear some tunes. But I'm confused about this song request, exactly what are we supposed to write?

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Post your nickname in the nickname box so Dan ESF Fanatic for instance.
In the request box put the song by Band name - Song Title.
If you change the type to shoutout then put a message you want the DJ to shoutout over the air.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, that's what I did, so it's okay. Only I used the name oobies-is-secksh xD.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i want to apply for the heavy metal hour DJ slot.

thanks =]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i want to apply for the 24 hour heavy metal hour slot :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
kid i am so much more metal than you.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Not as metal as this ;P Seriously, we need lots of metal that doesn't suck

Best answers
To not play epic fail music. I think I might qualify. We'll see xD

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Basically you need a good list of songs, I say about a minimum of 500 or so and also a good variety of songs as well. I do ask you have a microphone but if you don't thats ok just in time I will expect you to get one.

If you want to know more hop on IRC and contact me there and I will talk with your more privately.

Also we can use this radio for things like game announcing such as Jinx's upcoming tourney have a couple of commentators in game watching and reporting live on air whats going on.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have about 8gig of metal, 2 gig of classical, and another 2 gig of everything else that i like but can't be assed to catigorize.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn all I have on my system is a couple of OST's from animes and games...

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd consider DJing a few times a week. I have over 20gb of albums, and over 3500 songs that generally fall under either the rock, punk, or alternative genres.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do the DJ's have a freedom to talk about whatever they want, whenever they want, or will it be regulated by a script of some sorts?

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
if nobody is on, any dj can hop on.
however, if there is a scheduled show you can't just takeover

we're just starting off anyway so there is still much to sort out

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well on the air you can say anything but we do ask you don't drop a lot of f-bomb's, the word for a female dog but one thing I don't want to hear is the word that rhyme's with blunt don't know what I mean just take out bl and add the c ^_^

Thats pretty much it, there will also be available abuse@ reports for listeners to write in and complain if something was too offensive or a DJ went all stupid and logs of every show will be kept.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have about 8gig of metal
pitiful...i've got at least 20 gigs and more coming as well. I also have almost every kind of metal subgenre there is

and you call yourself more metal then me

but what KarrdeKNR said is true...no one is more metal the the most brutal band on the planet...DETHKLOK!!!

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've got a pretty good collection, but mostly in CD form. I'd have to rip stuff to my rather large external HDD. But I've got a nice smattering of metal, industrial, electronica from various sources, Anime OSTs, some game music, and other odds and ends. So whatever does end up happening, at least the ESF Community will have a radio station of awesome :)

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think this is where Oobies starts getting really popular, beyond a small .gif collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom