One on one dueling system

Best answers
I play the game Jedi Knight 2 fairly actively. One factor about its multiplayer that I like so much is its dueling sytem. I'm sure alot of you are familiar with it, but for those not here is a basic lay out of it.

It is based on a one on one dueling system. Two fighters duel one another uninterupted by other players. The loser joins a line of spectators and the winner gets to stay in the game. The next spectator in line then gets to fight the previous winner. After each fight the map and the winners health is reset.

I would love to see a version of this incorporated into nsf as a sort of gameplay option, not as a replacement for the standard games.

Not only does it allow players to test their metal against others in a more organized way and can be used for tournaments, but it also will mean that a guy won't get doubled or tripled team by other players, if that aspect significantly bothers them online.

Thanks for your patience in reading this,
Cheers

Best answers
I brought this up, everyone liked the idea, then a mod closed the topic. Search for your idea before you post please. Its a highly supported idea, but we aren't sure if the HL engine can pull it off.

Best answers
Sorry then. I had done a search but I got no results. I guess I wasn't looking in the right place. Thanks for informing me however that the idea is already out there. If a mod could delete this it would be appreciated.

Best answers
actually alot of people have brought it up. I was one of them, and the same thing happens, everyone agrees for a new game mode then the thread dies, and everyone forgets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom