OMGWTFBBQKITTENZ

Lord of Chaos
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I, Kelesk, request that Grega challenge me, with rules of my own choosing.

The rules are as follows;

- First to four rounds
- After one person has won two rounds all normal Fight Club rules are discarded and anything goes, including the fatality rule and all unwritten rules regarding use of excessive force
- Two week limit on each round, if one fighter does not post who ever has posted shall be declared the winner of that round
- The battle is to take place in a destination chosen by the Ref which is existent within the Forumscant

That is all, I await your acceptance Grega.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Being one of the few remaining referees, I suppose I'll ref this (presuming Grega accepts; though I am sceptical to this, as none of you continued your last match after it was started). I'd like some clarification on what you mean by Forumscant (I assume you mean the whole "forum realm" that Cuc delved into, but I'd rather not get it wrong), send me a PM on that.

Lord of Chaos
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Being one of the few remaining referees, I suppose I'll ref this (presuming Grega accepts; though I am sceptical to this, as none of you continued your last match after it was started). I'd like some clarification on what you mean by Forumscant (I assume you mean the whole "forum realm" that Cuc delved into, but I'd rather not get it wrong), send me a PM on that.
That's exactly what I mean by Forumscant. And the unfinished matches is the reason I have mentioned the two week time limit as one of the rules.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well then i accept. And i allso have an idea of what to add to my profile from the resurrection.

And can you be a tad more precise with
- After one person has won two rounds all normal Fight Club rules are discarded and anything goes, including the fatality rule and all unwritten rules regarding use of excessive force

Lord of Chaos
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You must have at least two successful attacks, and the opponent must have at least one successful attack in their post.
Scrapped.

The winner may post once containing smack talk or a fatality if there experience points are greater than the vanquished.
Scrapped.

The unwritten rules I mentioned are the ones regarding excessive force - Overkill etc. which most Ref's would mark against when they're judging the rounds. But this is not to take effect until one or the other of us has won two rounds, they do not need to be consecutive, nor do they apply to the individual.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Art Section on the outskirts of Forumscant will be your venue. Crumbling buildings that were once artistic masterpieces are prominent; as well as vagrant newbies begging for "crits" on the streets. A small group of illiterate hoodlums who present their art-work in a fashion most people would declare violent has been known to patrol the area. It should also be noted that the area is coated in a thick smog due to said group, making sunshine a scarce commodity on the streets (though certainly still visible from the rooftops that remain).

@Grega: Regarding your resurrection, you might want to look into Kelesk's last fight...

As per Kelesk's request, the "time limit" of two weeks per round is initated two days from now. Both of your rounds must have been posted within Thursday the Fifth of August, 12:00:01 PM, GMT.

Last edited:
Lord of Chaos
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I may have brought you back from the dead Grega but this doesn't mean that I'm going to go easy on you like last time.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bout time my net goes back online.

In any case sorry for the wait. Net troubles ^^

[smacktalk]You shall feel the extent of the beast that you have resurrected this time round[/smacktalk]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FIGHT!

Edit:

A reminder: You now have less than 12 hours left to post...

Last edited:
Lord of Chaos
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Kelesk stepped foot into the central hub of the Art Section. Much about it had changed since his early days and since the disappearance of many of the moderators. The streets were lined with noobs wielding spray cans, tagging any piece of unpainted wall they could find before spinning around to the first passerby and telling them it was awesome.

Kelesk glanced out from underneath his ragged hood and scowled in disgust. Behind him, Grega tailed along, his face sharing a similar expression, spitting on the side of the road as he watched a small collaboration group beating up someone who had told them their artwork sucked. A truthful statement to say the least.

The Art Section, however, was more renowned these days for a new group of artists who had recently shown up in absence of the moderators. At street level, the walls were covered in poorly created paintwork and textures. Higher up though was where these new artists did their work. Hover bikes had been stolen from various shops and parking lots around the Forumscant and brought to this single location, newbies and other poor beginner artists had been tied to these bikes and had been forced through one method or another to ride them full pelt into the wall of a building, leaving a bloodied splatter on the wall, adorned by scorch marks and debris.

As the two walked through the town a loud explosion and a cloud of smoke rose up into the sky, another victim of the new-age splatter art. Pieces of hover bike rattled and clanged down the streets and screams and gasps were muffled by cheers from the self-proclaimed artists.

The two stopped at a set of lights, Kelesk lost in thought for a moment before he felt a tug on his tattered modiwan robes which pulled the hood off, his vibrant red hair standing on end in what little sunlight broke through the heavily polluted skyline. Grega who stood behind Kelesk to his left stared down at the hand which held onto the robes, still tugging at them as Kelesk turned around to his right to face the source.

Meeting his agitated glare was a scrawny newbie, hands covered in lime paint from the work he’d been doing on the building behind him, the paint coming off onto the robes leaving bright lime stains amidst the dirt and blood already covering it.

Kelesk’s eyes narrowed, the canine which was visible through the gap in his lip was in plain sight as a snarl grew on his face.

“What business do you have with my master, cretin?” Grega snarled at the rookie, grabbing his wrist and yanking it from the robe.

The artist looked at Grega, instantly feeling the pain in his wrist as Grega twisted it.

“O-M-G! W-T-F are you doing noob!” He cried out in a shrill, pain-filled scream as Grega wrenched the newbie’s arm unnaturally until a loud crack was heard.

The second Kelesk heard the crack the snarl on his face twisted to a sinister grin, staring at the newbie awaiting a response.

“Let him go.”

Grega stopped instantly and released his grip on the newbie’s wrist and nodding only once as the wounded artist dropped to the sidewalk clutching his broken arm, bone protruding through flesh and blood oozing from the breach in his skin.

“This place is full of scum.” Grega muttered as another loud hover bike explosion echoed through the streets followed by cheers. “Why the hell did we come here for anyway?”

Kelesk said nothing, taking a step toward the road and feeling his robes snare on something. He didn’t even need to look to know what it was.

More bright lime adorned his tattered robes and this time the growl escaped his lips. Behind him, on the ground, the newbie was lying in a pool of his own blood, clutching the bottom of the robe.

“Y- you noob. . . I’m reporting you, noob.” He muttered, his voice jittery.

“And who are you going to report him to, there aren’t any admins left in this area of the Forumscant.” Grega replied in a matter-of-fact tone.

“C- c. . .”

Grega’s eyes widened. In the short journey they’d been on since his revival he’d seen how Kelesk had acted when even the name of the Old One has been uttered. Billboards, civilians, anyone or anything that even referred to the Old One has been savagely destroyed without a hint of remorse, almost like Kelesk went into a blind rage and was unable to control himself. But it was too late to stop him now - Grega could see the anger bubbling over already.

“Cucumba.”

Grega could see when remained of Kelesk’s sanity had disappeared. It had been nearly two months since either had heard mention of that name.

“Cucatoth. . .” The raspy and unheard voice of Kelesk finally coming to light.

Grega looked down at the newbie then at his artwork.

“Oh god no. . .”

--It’s green--

The air surrounding Kelesk began to ripple and the concrete footpath cracked beneath him. His eyes now locked to the paint on the newbie’s hands.

“Kelesk, calm down there’s no point in any of this.” Grega pleaded, knowing his words fell on deaf ears.

“Cucatoth!” His bone chilling voice left Grega motionless for all but a second, lunging around the corner of the building as he heard the first sparks of energy ignite around Kelesk.

Windows in all directions shattered and building surrounding the deity groaned in protest as the chaos aura erupted, falling glass clattering against the crumbling concrete footpaths.

Peering around the corner of the building Grega saw the blood smear across the wall, what little remained of the newbie artist and it wasn’t long before the rebel artist group showed up, looking around at the destruction which had enveloped that part of their city.

“Hey dudes!” One yelled from the other side of the intersection they were standing at.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” Yelled another, pulling his hover bike up at another side.

“We’re the only ones who can do the bloody artwork in the part of town.” The final was pulling himself off his hover bike, his leather duster seemed more impressive than the others, he must have been the leader. He was a large man, big in size and bulky. And stood next to splatters of lime paint where the paint can had been blown away. Both Grega and Kelesk turned their gazes to the man in the duster, Kelesk’s gaze turning feral and a surge of amber energy cursed over his body.

“Kelesk! No!” Grega’s reactions kicked in and he threw his hand forward at the gang leader, the small ball of energy surged through his wrist and extended above his palm before he grasped it and threw it towards the leader.

No more than a second before Grega had begun to lift his arm Kelesk had vanished into an eruption of energy which scorched the pavement beneath where he’d been standing, leaving a sizable indent in the footpath. Another great burst of energy erupted in front of the leader and from within it came Kelesk, distaste strewn across his face with reaching towards the leader; his hand open and inching closer to his neck.

The deity managed only a brief glance over his shoulder as the electric sphere which railed into his back a huge burst of sparks and surged over Kelesk’s body as his target was thrown away from him by the slight shockwave which followed the attack. Kelesk’s body spun, his feet digging into the dark black asphalt until he brought himself to a stop.

Kelesk grinned menacingly, in a way words come a long way from describing.

“You think that you can turn on me now.” It was more of a statement than a question, his rough voice made it hard to tell over his tone regardless.

“You can’t keep doing this Kelesk, his slumber will not last forever and when he comes back and witnesses what you’ve done Pride’s fate will be your own.” Grega replied sternly, throwing his hands to his side, making relevant hand gestures as he spoke. Grega knew he was walking into a minefield saying it, but there was no other way to make the point.

Kelesk only laughed in response, sparks of chaos energy surged over his body up to the very tips of his vibrant red hair which was now far longer than Grega remembered it being. His aura was still active and his hair fluttered about as the energy from the aura pulsed around him, it was more than likely the reason he’d been left relatively unscathed from the attack, though his skin and clothing were so badly worn it was impossible to tell.

“KelesK,” Grega called to him, “This childish bull**** needs to stop, now.”

His response was met by louder laughter, it wasn’t meant to drown out his voice, the prospect merely humoured him further.

Grega’s head lowered slightly and his face straightened into a glare of frustration, he’d died once, being killed as an accessory to the God of Chaos by the Old One’s hands didn’t sit well with him.

Instantly Kelesk’s laughter stopped and returned to the intimidating grin and energy erupted around him. With no time to think Grega threw his hands forward, fingers outstretched as a burst of energy lit up in front of him. Closing his eyes to shield them from the light he felt his elbows bend slightly as a great force collided with the shield.

Opening one eye and glancing forward Kelesk’s staff had been drawn and pressed against the wall of energy. The transparent wall of electrical energy rippled as though it were water attempting to reinforce itself further as the deity of chaos’ weapon pressed against it.

Energy swelled around where the weapon pushed against the shield and sparks of electricity jumped from the barrier to the staff in small, sharp bursts of light.

“You think you petty tricks can help you.”

Grega grunted, feeling the shield pushing back harder.

In the blink of an eye Grega dropped his arms and threw his body backward as Kelesk shattered through what remained of the energy, his aura flaring wildly, swinging the staff in a vertical swing downward at Grega’s falling body. The next instant Grega was on his hands; his body swinging around his leg extended mere inches from the side of Kelesk’s head. Kelesk’s eyes slowly narrowed and his vision turned to the leg. What happened next was unlike anything Grega had seen in his life.

The occasional sparks that visibly surged over Kelesk’s body from time-to-time extended outward from his body in large arches, slowly surrounding the area around him and then bending back in towards Kelesk’s chest as if an invisible sphere or barrier were around him stopping the energy from escaping its confines. The outbursts were then sucked towards the centre of this invisible sphere and began to explode outward. Immediately Grega knew what he was doing.

As the explosion of energy reached Kelesk’s neck his leg made contact with Kelesk’s cheekbone. The next thing he knew he was back on his feet, another explosion of energy in the sky drew his attention and the figure which emerged slammed into the side of a building, pieces of brick and mortar falling several stories down to the sidewalk and breaking into little more than stone sized chunks.

“Your bringing me back has lead to interesting new discoveries Kelesk.” Grega yelled up from the road. “I call that one Awareness.”

Grega couldn’t see it from where he was, but he knew Kelesk was no longer smiling. He’d caught him off guard once, and even then only narrowly got away with it. He didn’t like his chances for a second encounter.

Two small, almost instantaneous flashes of energy burst from where he was in the building and on the roof, and there he stood, his left arm hold slightly out from his side, his aura still active.

“Kelesk. . . “ The sternness and confidence in Grega’s voice faltered. “Not in the middle of the city!”

The hazy, polluted sky surrounding Kelesk over the top of the tall building tinted orange, the buzz of energy echoed through the streets. A sphere of amber energy surrounded Kelesk’s body, centred on his left hand, gradually shrinking into it at a fast pace until nothing more than a glowing marble of energy could be seen.

Kelesk’s hand closed around it and opened it immediately after, the marble growing into a ball the size of his hand which he reeled back and threw forward.

The ball wasn’t particularly fast but Grega wasn’t concerned about its speed as it plummeted toward him. Acting on foolish impulse Grega held out his hand, and waited until the ball was close enough, hoping on dumb luck he scooped his hand around underneath the orb, his feet sinking into the asphalt he stood on, hurling the orb back into the air where it slowly reached an apex and detonated.

Buildings on each side slowly disintegrated into nothing, the road beneath Grega cracked and fissured as he felt the blast shockwave hit him, forcing him to the ground, embedding him in it with a hefty thud.

Above, Kelesk could no longer be seen, but Grega knew better than to believe he could be wiped out by his own attack, he was still around somewhere.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
“You are free to go...” the words echoed in the darkness as images flashed as if distant memories were brought back to life within his subconsciousness, followed by a loud scream as he awoke in his bed.

“Doku get a grip!”

Regaining his breath Doku looked round himself to notice he was laying in a hospital bed.

Karrde was standing over him “What happened to you? We found you collapsed in the middle of the street down in the Off-Topic district.”

“Off-Topic? ... Forumscant?” Doku was surprised at what he had just heard “Last thing I remember was being in my home town...” he paused for a second placing his palm on his forehead.

Suddenly his eyes widened, his hand falling back down on the bed and as if he had just seen a ghost he whispered “Hes back...”

“What?! Who's back?!” Karrde tried in vain to get some answers as Doku fell back in to a coma.

------------​

“How are we going to deal with this problem?” Skyrider marched back and forth in front of the table in the admin conference room.

“Calm down” urged Maj “It's not necessary that the readings are correct.”

“Not correct?” Sky interrupted his nervous stroll “The chaos energy reading suddenly skyrockets in the old Art district, and you say it's incorrect?”

“It was only for a second ...” replied Maj.

“I have no idea why you have me in here for this.” interrupted Skizer, “My job description is not to keep peace in this place.”

Sky faced Skizer “Well we are all thats left of the administration as long as Cuc is still in his sleeping state.”

“Cant we recruit some people to overpower the situation then?” interrupted Mastasurf.

“Like who? Even Cucumba had problems dealing with Chaos, and hes in a class of his own.” continued Sky.

“Well Cuc is sleeping off all the energy he wasted to take care of Pride...”

“Anyone we recruit will be nothing but cannon fodder in front of Chaos.” interrupted Maj, “And we may have to mobilize an army to deal with the old Art district, if we decide to check it out. It was shut off for a reason.”

“Well how about we mobilize the testers along with the devs? Shouldn't that be enough to handle the riffraff in that area?” suggested Mastasurf.

“May be, but we need to outfit them with the latest in IP rifles.”

“Well in Cucs absence I think I'm allowed to give clearance for the use of those things.” continued Mastasurf.

Skizer stood up “Well you don't need me then. I'll return to keeping the forums on-line and dealing with the increased bandwidth rates.” and walked out of the room.

Sky turned back towards Masta “Well if you give the OK I'll unlock the weapon storage.”

“Do it!” said Maj as he left to gather his gear.

Mastasurf nodded at Skyrider, who quickly left for his office to get the key.

“The operation can star in two days” said Sky as he closed the door of the office.

------------​

The dark streets, filled with holes and overflowed with cracks as the surrounding buildings stood on each side of a cloaked duo. The buildings reached up though the layer of dark clouds that had spread across the area in the last years. People laying on the stairs of the doorways to the buildings wearing shredded rags. Its was clear that the area had long been abandoned by the administration and the spam rate was as high as ever.

“What are we doing here?” asked the left figure.

“There is a gang operating in this area. First we will deal with them.” replied the other figure.

They walked a few steps, before a man in a long trench coat stopped them.

“1 907 7h15 519!! W4n4 7r4d3 4 cr17z!!” said the man pulling out a piece of paper from the pocket inside his coat.

“Leave before I gut you, you ripping ****!” said the robed man as he grabbed the coat.

“W8 L37 M3 90!!!11!1!” the man threw his hand up throwing back the hood of the robed man.

He seemed rather young with glowing red spiky hair and red eyes. Kelesk lift the man up and threw him into the building next to him. With a large thud the man fell to the floor and parts of the building facade crumbled and fell down on the man.

“This place is disgusting master.” said the second figure as he pulled back his hood revealing dark brown hair and blue eyes “Don't you have anything more important to do than to wipe out a gang of thugs?”

“I did not bring you back so that you could question my orders.” replied Kelesk.

Grega quickly recalled the events.

------------​

Fear running over his senses and his eyes looking round the area as if lost in time and space the figure noticed a rift in the space-time continuum and a man standing in front of him, along with someone else in the back who had collapsed to the floor.

“Who are you?” the man spoke in a puzzled and shaky voice.

“I am Kelesk. And I have just brought you back from oblivion.” a bit surprised to hear that question he continued “Do you know who you are?”

“I ... I can't remember” Grega said as he regained his composure, noticing that his surroundings resembled that of a war zone, rather than an urban metropolis.

Kelesk smiled “You are Grega my loyal servant. You have special powers that I shall need, in order to fulfill my plan.”

Grega got up and knelled before the Chaos Incarnate as Kelesk looked at the man on the ground, who had regained consciousness “You have served your purpose well, Doku.”

The rift disappeared and Grega as if reading Kelesks thoughts stood up, turned round and walked over to Doku “You are free to go.”

Up close Doku recognized the man who had been called from beyond the rift, but the man turned round and left with his master. As his mind was slipping away Doku whispered “Grega's alive...”

------------​

“Yes you have taught me many things about myself and what kind of power I poses. Yet I still only control a portion of what you said I could do, and I can not remember anything before you dragged me out of that rift.” continued the swordsman.

A noise was heard from the other side of the building, that resembled an explosion followed by screams of agony. The two quickly moved to see what was happening, but midway the screams stopped, and when they finally arrived at the scene they only saw a man nailed to the wall, whose hands have been chopped off and head smashed in with a blunt object. The grotesque scene was all nicely framed with a sign at the bottom left of the frame saying “Laiv art baj X3n0”.

“Another victim it would seem.” Kelesk smiled for a second before continuing with an even bigger grin on his face, “Here we shall claim our army, so that we can destroy the admin tower and I can finally reach my goal.”

“Your goal? You mean Cuc...” Grega paused as a flash of chaos energy blast right past his head annihilating the building behind him.

Kelesk had a furious look on his face, as if he was on the brink of loosing it “DON'T EVER SPEAK OF THAT NAME NEAR ME AGAIN!”

Grega quickly jumped to the side, with a scared look in his eyes “This won't happen again master!”

“See that it doesn't!” the aura of chaos energy quietly went away as Kelesk turned round “Now follow me. We have much to do here, and the administration is surely aware of our arrival.”

------------​

The sound of gunshots came from an abandoned building where a crowd was gathered. They each had their own style of clothes, yet they were all the same with wearing a sleeveless leather jacket and a yellow bandanna. The jackets all had X3n0 written on their backs and the group was beating on a few newbies who were covered in their own blood and barely hanging on to their consciousness while enduring the kicks from the ruffians.

“Dis I kal twin def” said someone who looked like he was the leader of the bunch.

The two walked over to the back of the group before getting noticed.

“3y b055!” one of the gang members yelled “W3 g07 9u3575!”

The crowd froze with their activity and faced the two as they made way for their leader to approach them.

“Wada we hev her?” Xeno stopped in front of the two “Ar u lost?”

“No we are here to take over your group.” replied Chaos.

“Wat? Maj grup?” the leader laughed “U and wat armi?”

Grega threw his hood into the air, pulled out the sword that Kelesk had given him and hit the leader in the gut with its hilt, sending him flying back and landing on a few of his own men.

“Don't be to rough on them.” said Kelesk “We need them alive if we want an army.”

The leader came to and stood up “Oi bojz kil em!” the crowd encircled the two and started rushing them.

Kelesk jumped into the air bursting out an aura of chaos energy while Grega ran though the ranks of opponents knocking them out with the side of his sword so that he did not inflict a fatal wound. Some of them had jet packs and they started attacking Kelesk in the air who managed to avoid their charges. He then quickly extended his arm forming a portal in the dimensional wall and puled out his scythe. He used to cut the jet packs of his attackers just as he dodged their charge, while the swordsman was making his way towards the building dodging attacks and knocking out anyone who got I his way. In about 10 minutes the two defeated over 200 men leaving only a small group and the leader to remain standing.

Kelesk landed next to Grega and they both walked towards the group.

“Wat da ****?” Xeno ran towards the building, “Bojz stop em. Im gona go for da pulvaraizor”

The small group attacked the duo, but Kelesk flew into the air over them and towards the building. Grega sheathed the sword and charged the bunch, evading the first one to the left, grabbing the second one by the hands, while starting a spin and using him as a makeshift weapon. He spun on the spot knocking down everyone near him and finally throwing him at the guy he just evaded. He then jumped up and over the remaining bunch, extended his hands and giving off an electrical charge to paralyze them. When he heard an explosion behind him, he followed up with another slightly stronger charge that knocked them out cold.

Kelesk had barely reached the building when the front side exploded into him, but he quickly flashed his chaos aura and all the derbies flying towards him were incinerated upon touching it. When the smoke cleared he saw a relic from the forums greatest disaster. One of Smiths old tripods was standing in front of him, being controlled by a makeshift ****pit in top of its head. It retained most of its form and weapons, a monstrus remnant of the past standing on three tentacle like legs with two tentacle like arms each with three fingers at the end.

“We got dis bajbi from da undergraund staison” Xeno laughed as he launched one of the tripods masive arms knocking Kelesk to the ground.

A burst of chaos energy emitted from Kelesk as the tripod shot its main weapon, a blue-greenish beam that vaporized anything in its path. Grega saw what was going on and charged the beast, only to be knocked back into the building on the other side of the street by its massive legs, crashing though the wall and out the back of the building, that crumbled shortly after. He barely got on his feet only to notice the tripod firing its secondary beam weapon, hitting the ground next to him causing an explosion that knocked him down the street.

Behind the tripod a familiar outburst of energy appeared and Kelesk reentered the dimension using his Dimensional Tare ability. He extended his hand above his head, bursting out a large amount of chaos energy, that formed a small ball above his hand. He threw the ball at the tripod, but its shield stood firm, dispersing the chaos energy on impact.

“Dat aint gona work on me” Xeno laughed as he turned the tripod round extending an arm and knocking Kelesk down along the street.

By this time Grega had closed the range and tried to jump on its head, only to be knocked away by the remaining arm. A large bang was heard from Kelesks direction and a big outburst of chaos energy was shot directly at the Tripod, hitting the shields. As the attack stopped, the tripod collapsed to the ground, with Grega quickly jumping onto the head, pulling out Xeno by the hair and slicing off his head.

“Seems it ran out of energy.” said the swordsman as he threw the head and body down to the stret.

Kelesk slowly walked up to the tripod, “Yes, it was running on reserve power.”

Grega jumped down from the tripod. “Was this your plan?”

“Yes, I will use my bansaber crystal to restore it to full power, and it will be used as the main tank in our assault on the admin tower. All we need to do is insert the crystal into its power core.”

The hoodlums slowly started regaining consciousness, when they saw the head of their leader separated from its body.

“Now listen up you lousy bunch!” Kelesk flew into the air, “You now serve me!”

“5cr3w y0u!” shouted one of them only to be pierced by a shot of chaos energy.

“Anyone else who objects will meet the same fate.” continued the Chaos Incarnate “In two days time the repairs on this tripod will be complete, then we will march to the center of Forumscant and annihilate the administration along with their tower. From this moment on you are my private army!”

Grega slowly going into the building from which the tripod came suddenly got a slight headache, with images flashing in his head. The forgotten memories slowly returning, he let out a loud scream followed by an explosion of light shining as bright as the sun itself, before falling to his knees.

“Were those memories?” he asked himself as he tried to unravel the pictures in his mind.

“Whats wrong?” asked Kelesk.

“Nothing. Seems I took more damage than I thought.”

“Well prepare yourself. In two days time we march to destroy the tower so I can finally reach the one who slumbers inside”

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All right, I've read both your posts.

Kelesk:

I thought your use of the venue was exemplary, and your description was good enough to make it easy to imagine oneself in the Art Section's streets. There was an appropriate amount of fighting; though I can't say I think your "scenario" was particularly creative. I see no inherent flaws in your interpretation of Grega's bio. Overall I liked this post a lot, and your flow has vastly improved since your last fight.

Grega:

Your description of the venue was lacking. I think there were three sentences or so which described the area. I felt it was hard to get a fix on where this was all going on. I also felt like your story jumped around a lot, making it difficult to follow, and somewhat confusing. I did, however, prefer your scenario to that of Kelesk's, as it instilled a sense of purpose, and was creative. Considering Kelesk's bio is massive, and he's kind of peculiar about how you interpret him, I'm not going to crossreference too thoroughly if everything Kel did in your story made sense, but I didn't feel like you ran any red lights. Though I understood WHY you put in all that horrible leetspeek and so forth in your dialogue, I felt there was too much, causing your flow to break apart. I also noticed that you had more grammar/spelling mistakes than Kel, which you can easily remedy in the next round.

Overall, Kelesk wins the first round.

And Grega, I expect you to be far more detailed in your next round. A post isn't just about the fighting or the plot, it's also about immersion and a sense of reality/humanity. I think you can do much, much better than you did this round, so I expect you to come back swinging.

The next deadline of your posts is set to 19:00:01 GMT (For clarification; I am GMT +2, and as such, when I type this in, it will be 21:00 here) on the 18th of August.

Lord of Chaos
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Level 14 energy signature detected. . .

Tracing. . .
Tracing. . .
Tracing. . .

Level 14 energy signature traced to Forumscant Art district. . .

Zucchini Shock Teams on standby. . .

Deploying team(s):
Alpha
Foxtrot
Kilo
Sierra
Tango
Whiskey
Yankee
Zulu
. . .

The console made little sound as the words etched across the dusty screen which glowed emerald in the darkness of the hidden away section of the Admin Tower. With a loud crash and excessive amounts of grunting and groaning though, light poured into the darkened room as the few Moderators who had survived the aftermath of the rumble finally wedged the heavy iron doors open. This room was restricted to all but Cucumba. It controlled everything; from city defences to the Shock Teams who could be dispatched at a moment’s notice should anything major occur though most of the old equipment was long since offline.

Skyrider entered the room followed closely by Karrde as the dust glistened in the light which filled in from the hallway outside. He briefly glanced around the room, noticing the dim green glow the console emitted and headed over to it.

Wiping the dust from the old CRT screen he caught a glance of the list of “Teams” which had been deployed. The words meant nothing to him, just a list of names - at least it didn’t mean anything to him, until the screen went blank and one final message replaced them.

Analysing level 14 energy signature detected in Forumscant Art district. . .

Karrde peered over his shoulders as a handful of other moderators scavenged around the room behind them for anything useful.

“Level 14?” Karrde gasped. “Isn’t that supposed to be top tier?”

Skyrider nodded silently in response as the words kept running across the screen.

Analysing. . .
Analysing. . .
Analysing. . .

Unable to identify energy source. . .

“Unable to identify?” Karrde mutter to Skyrider. “What the hell does that mean, we have something new running around?”

“I don’t know.” Replied Skyrider, shaking his head.

“Hey Sky, we’ve found something.” Skyrider barely had time to turn around before a dusty old diary flew at his face. Leaning back a little Karrde snatched it from the air before it hit him.

Karrde flipped it open and flicked through the pages, most written on in a language he couldn’t even recognise let alone decipher. He finally flipped to a page which had been scribbled on in plain English, it seemed rushed but it was still legible.

Day 793.

It would appear that his energy signature still will not analyse properly on the system. I have determined that this is due to the fact that since it draws on chaos and anarchy to ‘fuel the fire’ so-to-speak it will fluctuate so constantly that the system will pick it up differently each time he goes into battle. The only apparent way I can think of to get his signature to analyse correctly is to force him to use it.

“Who the heck does that refer to?” Said Karrde.

“Whoever it is, Cuc had been watching them for a long time.” Skyrider replied.

“Cuc always had a thing for that Kelesk guy once NoA was disbanded remember.” A voice rang out from behind a bookshelf. “Remember when Pride knocked out Engar and Kelesk went berserk, it was Cucumba who saved him.”

Skyrider and Karrde looked at each other. The attack Kelesk had unleashed against the Last Rider had been more devastating than Cucumba’s final attack, it had turned kilometres of landscape into nothing more than a smouldering wasteland and had left the Last Rider without a scratch.

“Could that have been what his entry refers to?” Skyrider questioned wryly, not wanting to know the answer.

“I don’t think standing here and waiting to find out is the best idea. Replied Karrde hastily. “Let’s get out there, before those teams do.”

* * *​

Grega pulled himself from the small chunks of asphalt which had landed on him once he hit the road, hopping quickly to his feet and tracing the skyline for Kelesk. Not even his manic laughter could be heard which usually accompanied destructive actions like this. There was just as good a chance the blast had knocked him back to his senses though which was the desirable outcome of this whole ordeal.

“Kelesk, come out. We need to keep moving to our next target!” Grega called out, suppressing the urge to make it sound like an order.

The flicker of energy whirred behind him an without thinking Grega jumped upwards and twisting himself midair to land facing behind him, catching the small streak of two glowing amber glaives rocket past him cutting through two of the dead gang members corpses, blood spilling out onto the debris littered sidewalk like water.

By the time Grega’s feet had steadied and he had his bearings again Kelesk emerged from a burst of energy his fingers wrapping around the warrior’s neck and before he even knew what was happening he was nowhere near where he had been standing, flung forward by some unknown force with nothing by muggy air whistling past his body. Seconds felt like an eternity before his body crashed through a window and fell lifelessly through partial walls in an office block. Keyboards and paperwork littered the floor around him as he got up and shook his head, for this place to still be completely intact it must have been a decent distance from where Kelesk had been he thought to himself.

Pulling himself to his feet he managed to avoid another three more orange glaives of energy which whirred through the shattered window and through various objects around the office, all three breaking apart before they hit the back wall.

Raising himself back up to peer out the window he managed to catch the end of an orb charging phase, the glistening speck of energy in the distance quickly getting larger as it approached the building, with no other option other than ducking, Grega threw himself amongst the damaged peripherals and paperwork, the orb rocketing overhead in one window and out another on the other side of the building taking with it a large sum of paper detonating off in the distance.

“**** my life. He’s going to have to revive me again at this rate.” Grega muttered to himself as he pulled himself to his feet again.

Checking back outside the window he saw Kelesk on the warpath, one deliberate step after another towards the building, his aura exploding around him flaring erratically as numerous remaining windows shattered. The quiet streets had become dead silent since Kelesk had gone berserk and not a single trace of life had been seen in some time, though it wasn’t hard to tell that people were watching, if not cowering for their lives. They had nowhere to run.

Areas of road were cracked and pulled apart, buildings partially destroy; very few had windows remaining. Scorch marks on the street where Kelesk’s aura had ignited. The city once filled with unkempt anarchy was now under lockdown, no thanks to these two wanderers whom were now pulling the city apart for reasons unknown to the residents. The debris adorned with the blood of bystanders which littered the sidewalks and gutters, a warning to anyone who would dare attempt an escape between these two.

Another buzz of energy echoed through the desolate city streets and the amber barrier of energy surrounded Chaos once more, shrinking into his palm as he reeled his arm back and threw the sphere toward Grega. Without time to react Grega threw his arms forward. The semi-sphere of light tore through partial walls and other assorted office junk as the sphere of energy rocketed towards him.

The next instant a loud thunk was heard, Grega closing his eyes expecting the orb to detonate the second it hit the barrier, instead sticking to it, making a sound similar to an exercise ball being palmed off. Slightly opening one eye he saw the orb, sparking with energy, the barrier rippling and sparking as a noticeable crack etched out across it followed by the daunting sound.

The next second another large crack as the fissure in the shield grew larger and his arms grew heavier. Second before losing hope Grega pushed back against the small orb of energy, willing it back to its creator and as the shield gave out the orb flung backward.

Grega had but a moment to see the look on Kelesk’s face, it was a deadened look, almost as though a part of his consciousness had returned.

As the orb approached Kelesk merely raised his hand, catching the orb and letting its power die until it flickered and disappeared in a spark of energy which surged over his body. Returning his gaze back to Grega, with a partially confused look on his face he only spoke two words which Grega dared not question.

“Let’s go.”

As Kelesk turned and took his first step a voice called out over the silent ambience of the now deserted city.

“Kelesk! By orders of Lord Cucumba we hereby demand you lay down your arms and come peacefully, lest we take you by force.”

The voice was hollow, tinny, as though spoken through a voice filter worn on some variety of mask. Yet it forced Kelesk to a complete stop, Grega instantly halted his return to Kelesk’s side also once he had heard it.

* * *​

Skyrider and Karrde had arrived on the outskirts of the town only to be greeted by people fleeing with their families and friends, all looking around cautiously as they made their escape. Some had collapsed, curled into the foetal position; Karrde had noticed him as one of the people who had abandoned the rumble when it had gone awry. His spoke is fast, short sentenced, over and over, quivering like a frightened animal.

“He’s here. Chaos is here. We’re all going to die.”

Skyrider and Karrde merely looked at each other and headed towards the centre of the city where they assumed Kelesk was, several other remaining moderators in tow.

As they rushed through the quiet streets a sight which Karrde and the other had been trying to avoid had already begun. The silent statement of despair escaping his lips.

“We’re too late. . .”

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The ground rumbled and the entirety of Forumscant heard an explosion as the shock wave from the detonation made a gigantic hole in the cloudy cover that spread across the Art district. The Suns rays had broken through the newly formed hole and the first blue sky since ages, lay witness to a site of destruction and chaos. Limbs of innocents scattered across the rubble and leftover walls of former buildings, bloody corpses torn to shreds by debris falling to the ground, and midst of it all a crater spanning a whole 90 meters in diameter.

The flash of the explosion was seen from all the districts and all the mods out on patrol were rushing back to the admin tower.

“What in Gods name was that?” Skyrider was sitting on the floor trembling at the site of the explosion that caused him to fall backwards. His metallic office door opened and Maj rushed in holding a bunch of papers.

“The sensors are going haywire. The energy output is on the same level as during the time of the rumble.” Maj stopped in front of the big wooden desk looking at Sky sitting on the floor next to the window a few feet behind the desk.

“The rumble?” Sky slowly got up and faced Maj “Does that mean Pride is back from the dead again?”

“Negative. Pride has a unique energy pattern and we can detect him even if he so much as vaporizes a fly. This energy is not his, but that one explosion was not enough to show us the identity of the person behind it” Maj threw the papers onto the desk “These are the readings that we picked up.”

Sky took a quick glance at the papers as Karrde rushed in “This is bad we have reports of civilians running from the Art district in panic. Some say they saw two people at the center of the whole thing, before being seeped away by the shock wave. We have emergency teams taking care of the wounded, but its to much for them to handle. The moderators are on their way back here for a debrief on the situation, but I advise you activate all defensive systems we have.”

Sky took a while to think before picking up the intercom “Attention all security personnel! We have a situation ten on our hands in the art district! Prepare to move out! This is not a drill!” he then faced Karrde and Maj “Lets move out, and have the other staff members join us at the edge of the district.

----------​

Grega slowly got on his feet as dust and small rocks from the former urban surface fell off his clothing, desperately searching for the cause of this destruction.

“Damn it! This is going to far Kelesk!” he yelled out from the midst of the chaos he found himself in “Do you want the entire administration after you?”

No sooner the words were spoken he felt a burn in his back and an incredible force throwing him straight up with an explosion. With his eyes barely open he saw a surge of black energy appear in front of him and from within Kelesk emerged throwing a punch to the swordsmans abdomen sending him back first against a brick wall remain of a building. The wall collapsing on impact buried Grega beneath it.

Kelesk landed with his aura alight, scorching the ground he walked on. The aura pulsing with red and orange colours with outbursts every couple of seconds, as he slowly moved towards where Grega had fallen. The rubble lit up from within as rays of light penetrated though the small holes and cracks followed by an explosion that freed Grega from the debris. As he stood up the left shoulder pad fell off the armor due to the damage sustained and cracks were formed all over the back side.

As Kelesk lunged forward the swordsman pulled his arms backwards and mid swing to the left appeared a giant metal bat that hit Chaos knocking him rolling across the ruble until he came to a halt at the remains of another wall. The metal bat, that was greatly deformed due to the effect of the chaos aura, disappeared from Gregas hands.

“Calm down! We cant stay here much longer!” shouted Grega hoping it would bring Kelesk back to his senses.

Chaos slowly got to his feet and his expression showed no change. With a burst of the chaos aura he disappeared from sight, and reappeared right in front of the swordsman with a second burst. His fist flying forward and surrounded by the chaos aura he hit Grega into the stomach, cracking what remained of the armor and making it shatter, while sending the swordsman flying backwards into the distance. With barely enough time to get a grasp on what had just happened Grega saw a big orange sphere of energy flying right behind him. Throwing his hands to the front he tried to push the sphere aside, but was instead carried away into the distance. He materialized a long rope tied round his waist with a hook at the end and quickly with one arm grabbed it and threw it onto the roof of one of the buildings in the area. As the hook grabbed an antenna he pushed himself away from the sphere, using the rope to pull him away from it, smashing him on the roof of the next building.

“Man does he plan to kill me right after he brought me back?” Grega muttered to himself, as he slowly got up.

He put his palm onto his chest and recreated the chest plate, that had been destroyed, before he started to mumble a chant. With an outburst of chaos energy Kelesk had teleported to the roof, walking slowly towards the swordsman, who continued to mumble a strange chant, while observing Chaos.

“Now!” he yelled as time round him froze. He placed his palms next to his body facing downwards, and with an explosion propelled himself straight into the air. At the peak, he spun round with his head facing downwards and used the same technique to shoot himself back directly atop where Kelesk was frozen. Mid flight he materialized a big metal boxing glove on his right hand and put it into position. Just above Kelesk he unfroze time and lunged the big metal fist straight down smashing Chaos though the roof of the building. The building windows were blown outwards on floor after floor as a gust of dust and small objects from the rooms on that floor were burst outwards, until they reached the basement. The building walls cracked and it started to collapse into itself, causing the neighboring buildings windows to crack or break as well.

With the building collapsing on them, Grega used his Awareness ability to avoid any debris falling down on him while quickly making it to the nearest window, he could jump out off. From the outside he watched the building collapse knowing that it wont do more than to buy some time and hoping it would be enough for Kelesk to regain his sanity.

“Damn that blast propelled me nearly to the edge of the Art district.” he said to himself as he recalled from the view at the peak of his attack against Kelesk.

After a few minutes the ground started shaking and the chaos aura burst though the remains of the building incinerating all obstacles and making a way for Kelesk to escape. His face no longer lost in rage yet his aura still alight, he slowly made his way towards Grega.

“Oh come on.” Grega slowly started to move backwards “Come to your senses, before you level Forumscant.”

A helicopter flying above stopped Kelesks march as he shot a black ball straight at it, causing an explosion. With only moments after that they heard a familiar voice.

“You are surrounded by the forum staff and defense force! Cease your activities this instant or face annihilation!”

After the announcement Skyrider lift his hand into the air signaling the artillery and tanks to take aim as Karrde rushed to him from the mobile HQ.

“We just got the images from the chopper.” his face hinted that he is terrified of what he had seen “Its Kelesk...”

I would hearby like to request an extention on the next deadline. Got a weeks vacation coming up, so id like to ask for a 3 week time limit for the next one.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a lot on my plate right now, but I'll ref this by the end of the weekend. To make things nice and rounded, your new deadline will be Friday the 10th of September, within midnight GMT. I trust Kelesk won't mind a slight extension as I believe he's preoccupied with ... other things. Curvier things.

Nah. She's been playing fair this week. Refuses to comment on the new few though. -- On a side note I would like to request for both our sakes that once the two round win quota has been achieved by one contestant that the time restraint be raised to three weeks. If Grega is agreeable to this. -Kel

Sounds good to me. BTW wont avenger be pissed if we edit his post like this? - Grega

He'll get over it. - Kel

Or maybe he'll decide to extend his reffing until Sunday night, because he has things to do? - Avenger

Lazy bum. - Kel

Last edited by a moderator:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KelesK:

On the positive side: your post was very imaginative, and as always, very descriptive.

On the negative side: your description and imagination was thwarted by HORRIBLE phrasing and comma use. You have to proof-read your posts, even if you're drunk while writing them. Remember this for next time.

Grega:

On the positive side: you have improved incredibly since the last round. I'm impressed with your progress. I liked this post a lot better than the last one you made.

On the negative side: you, too, need to proof-read. Commas are important for flow, and so is proper spelling and phrasing.

Decision:

Because of Grega's immense improvement, and Kel's poor flow ruining his otherwise excellent writing, I have to give this one to Grega. It was a very close call.

And Grega: Try to be more descriptive. I know you've improved at that since the last round, but you're still not quite at Kel's level. I think you can make it there if you make another stride, and remember to proof-read thoroughly.

Kelesk: Stop being a lazy ****. You could've had this one.

How dare you question my drunken editing. - Kel

Last edited by a moderator:
Lord of Chaos
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Chopper debris flung outward over the city, clanging against the scarred concrete and cracked brickwork within the cities confines.

“Forum. . . Staff. . .” It was debateable whether or not Kelesk was questioning their presence or if he was trying to comprehend the demand.

Artillery and tank barrels locked in place with mechanical thuds as Kelesk glanced over his shoulder at the small section of the Forumscant Defence Forces which he could see from where he was.

“So Skyrider thinks that he can order me around now does he?” Kelesk spoke through clenched teeth, a maniacal grin adorning his scarred face.

Kelesk swung around towards the forces and began a deliberate stride towards them and from then it wasn’t long before the first volley of tank shells were fired. Large muzzle flashes lit up in the distance and the hissing of air rushed towards him. Grega, whom had stood astonished at the turn of events since the chopper was destroyed lowered his head and shook it.

“Those fools don’t know the evil they’re about to unleash.” He muttered, his words barely a whisper.

Kelesk took one last step as the volley of shells approached his and raised a single hand. The world before him tinted a vibrant amber, the area buzzing with chaos energy and sporadically fighting against unseen restraints. One by one, each shell flew into the amber area and instantly tore apart exploding in a hail of tiny metallic pieces of shrapnel as they exited from the surging field of energy.

As the last shell was ripped apart Kelesk lowered his hand and began his deliberate stride forward. Seconds later he heard several loud shots ring out in the distance, stopping dead his grin turned to a scowl. The air above whirred with an unnatural sound which neared each passing second - Artillery shells.

Grega whom was at this point standing several metres behind Kelesk could hear the infuriated growl which had escaped the deity standing in front of him and it wasn’t a pleasant one.

“Skyrider! I know you can hear me!” Kelesk yelled, his raspy voice barely holding together long enough to finish the handful of words, lowering to a quieter tone before continuing. “So my brother’s pets think they can stop me with their pathetic toys. . .”

In the distance Skyrider, Karrde and Maj stood together along with a handful of other moderators in the mobile HQ. Staring blankly at each other Karrde was the first to speak.

Back at the mobile HQ, the chatter between the Modiwans went silent and all eyes turned to Skyrider.

“Kelesk is your brother, Sky?”

“Not mine.” He replied, shaking his head. “But he did mention something about us being pets though.”

“You don’t think he could mean--“

The conversation was cut short by a loud rumble which made the earth beneath them groan and shake in protest. Looking out the window of the mobile HQ across the vast space of desert which separated them from the city the source was obvious.

Building foundations cracked and toppled, falling bricks and concrete were annihilated as the chaos aura erupted savagely. The aura flared up into the air, reflecting off the ominous smog which covered the city. After the dust had cleared, not a single trace of the artillery shells could be seen only Kelesk standing within a scorched circle, everything within its diameter turned to dust.

Grega stood further away now, not by choice but because of the waves of energy exhibited by the auras wild flaring. As it died down Grega could see Kelesk trembling, it wasn’t pain or fear but frustration. During the time Grega had known Kelesk he had remained relatively emotionless, rarely displaying anything other than his desire to find and kill Cucumba but now the remnants of the Fourmscant moderation team were gnawing at a nerve which Kelesk had kept buried since the Pride incident. He had watched them stand by as Engar was cast aside by the Last Rider and later when he himself had nearly thrown what remained of his life away, only to be saved by the one he wanted to kill the most.

The hole which had once been cleared in the hazy sky by one of Kelesk’s attacks closed over, darkening the smoggy city once more.

“Worthless insects. . .” Kelesk raised his hand toward the line of tanks, a barrier of energy visibly surrounding him, slowly shrinking into the palm of his hand.

“They’re all here now Kelesk. Are you happy now?” Grega yelled from behind him, noticeably frustrated with the situation at hand.

He only saw a glimpse of Kelesk’s face as he turned his head slightly to look over his shoulders. His eyes were bloodshot and dimly glowing red. Not a trace of black could be seen in what was usually a hybrid mixture of black and crimson.

A spark of energy surged over Kelesk’s arm and he disappeared without a seconds notice in a vibrant discharge of energy, the sphere which had been charging before he moved adding to the explosion as its energy too was discharged knocking Grega off balance.

Half prepared for the following attack Grega raised his arms up defensively and managed to swat away a right hook from the deity as he reappeared clothes-lining him with his free hand sending the deity reeling backward into the road, his head hitting the asphalt with a sickening crack. Grega stepped up to the motionless body and looked down. Kelesk’s eyes were blank; the solid red had faded back to its usual red and black mixture.

“Kelesk, are you in there?” Questioning and cautious, Grega needed Kelesk back on his feet before the moderation team decided to attack again. It would be a few minutes still before they decided to do anything hasty after Kelesk’s last outburst.

Another chopper flew overhead which forced a cuss from underneath Grega’s breath. He knew as soon as they saw Kelesk on the ground they’d make their move.

“Come on Kelesk, get to your feet.” Grega urged, Kelesk’s eyes were still open but he remained motionless and since he never appeared to breath at the best of times it was impossible to tell if he’d actually been injured.

Taking another uneasy look over his shoulder he could see a man in the distance, his head poking out the top of a tank looking through binoculars and no doubt the helicopter which was lingering above had seen everything which needed to be seen also. Turning back to the grounded deity Grega slapped his face firmly.

“Wake up Kelesk you ****ing idiot or do you want us both to be killed.”

Grega’s face twisted in frustration as he heard the artillery in the distance fire off another volley, one loud thud after another.

The shells whirred through the air; reaching their apex and falling back down to the earth both Grega and Kelesk were upon. Time was up and Grega needed to make a choice. Leave Kelesk and save himself or attempt to rescue him.

With an instants notice Kelesk’s eyes narrowed and another amber wall of fluctuating energy filled the air above the two. One after another, the hefty shells plunged into the surging field and were ripped apart the instant they passed through it. Chunks of metal clanged on the asphalt around the two and Grega turned his head slowly from the field of energy to Kelesk. Before his peripheral gaze had even seen the deity he felt an iron grip tighten around his neck and his body lifelessly rise as Kelesk got to his feet.

A small buzz of energy rang into Grega’s ears as he squirmed with his feet far from solid ground, the world around him amber.

“Kelesk. Don’t do thi--“

The buzz ceased and turned to white noise as the energy was discharged from Kelesk’s body, flaring up as though his aura had been ignited. Grega screamed in pain as concrete and debris were sundered to nothingness.

“Kelesk. . .” He managed to choke out through desperate gasps. “You have the remnants of who you want to kill in front of your face and you still insist on trying to kill me?”

Kelesk’s eyes twitched, contemplating the statement. Grega could see the gears turning though the grip on his neck had yet to loosen by even the slightest margin. He watched carefully as the deity's red and black eyes lowered and then moved to the corner of their sockets.

“You wanted to draw the Old One out didn’t you? Kill them and he will be forced to awaken early!” Grega sputtered out with the last of the oxygen he had left. “That was the plan. . .”

Kelesk’s eyes narrowed, the maniacal grin on his face grew until the gum could be seen through the scar which revealed his canine. Grega felt the grip loosen, air seeped into empty lungs and his fading vision slowly returned to him.

Kelesk placed Grega on his feet in front of him and turned to face the line of artillery and tanks, the smirk was still on his face and it was apparent why. Ban sabres lit up in the street in front of him, five or six as the remainder of the Modiwan forces lined up.

“So Skyrider has seen his own pawns as lambs to the slaughter. . .” Kelesk’s voice was still raspy but it sounded full of life, almost excited. The smirk on his face was proof of this.

“Cease your actions immediately Kelesk. We are here to take you in. You are wanted for questioning.” One of the robed figures stated in a commanding tone.

“You fools. . .” Grega retorted, shaking off the last of his nausea. “You and what army?”

From behind a building stepped forward a relic from a previous war. Its loud war horn was a dead giveaway as it echoed off into the distance, stepping in behind the line of Modiwans.

Kelesk burst out laughing, his laugh was loud and endless and the same rasp marred it as it did his normal voice. No matter how much time Grega spent alongside Kelesk, it had never ceased to chill him to the bone and it was apparent that is had the same effect on the Modiwans who had come for them, each shuffling uncomfortably where they stood.

Grega smirked. It was clear Kelesk didn’t care about the Tripod which stood before them. It was even possible that Kelesk had faced off against one previously, hence his lack of concern for the behemoth which backed the Modiwans.

“We are well aware that you encountered and destroyed many of the Tripods but we have reconstructed this one using the same alloy which your staff is comprised of.” Another Modiwan stepped forward, lowering his ban sabre as he spoke. “The shield was strengthened too.”

Kelesk’s laughter ceased but the smirk on his face remained, menacing as always.

“Lord Cucumber believed that this would be more than enough to destroy you should he be unable to find the time to stop you himself.”

The Modiwan’s voice was ****y and arrogant. Full of a confidence which neither Grega nor Kelesk could see for the hooded cloak he wore.

“Well Kelesk. Shall we put an end to this once and for al--“

Grega stopped, looking over at Kelesk as he had been half way through his sentence and had noticed Kelesk discarding the Modiwan robes he wore as well as the ban sabre. Kelesk had previously told him both items were extremely special to him, previously owned by an old friend who had stood by him through thick and thin and now both had been tossed aside like garbage.

The black had been all but removed from his eyes as they glowed a gentle crimson and while Grega had expected Kelesk’s aura to already be sparking to life there was not a single spark of energy to be seen on his body which usually had sparks adorning it constantly.

Beneath the Modiwan robes it was blatantly clear to see the hardships Kelesk had suffered since he had been killed. His once white shirt was covered in cuts and rips, blood and dirt and the skin beneath which was visible was covered in dried blood and scars. His baggy pants weren’t as bad, partly because they were so loose on him yet they were still ripped in areas and spattered with blood and dirt. This had been the first time Grega had seen him without the robes and words eluded him. Kelesk’s body was unalike anything he’d ever seen and it was clear that no living human could have survived such horrific injuries.

* * *​

From the mobile HQ Skyrider and Karrde watched the sensors with troubled looks. The screen which had been monitoring energy levels in the district had flickered once and turned to static.

One of the monitors was of a satellite which had been rerouted to fly over the city once they had determined it was Kelesk. The team inside watched in awe as the haze above the city parted and the image began to go fuzzy. Looking out the window of the HQ at the gap in the sky Maj was the first to break the silence.

“Guys, I think we bit off far more than we can chew here.”

Karrde glanced over to Maj before walking over to join him at the window. His jaw slackened and dropped in a single motion.

The sky above the city had opened giving way to the inky blackness of space and what little cloud and haze did remain on the horizon was parched with an ominous crimson glow.

From the camera feed from the Tripod’s underbelly Skyrider could see the air around Kelesk ripple. Loose stones and debris on the ground began to tremble first and the camera view followed shortly after, shaking ever so slightly. He’d been left speechless as this was the second time he’d seen this scenario play out, and the first time hadn’t ended well for anyone.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
“What did you say?” Skyrider turned to face Karrde in a shock.

“Its Kelesk. And reports say there is someone with him, but the chopper was destroyed before it could get a clear picture.”

----------​

“Forum staff?” Kelesk let out a slight chuckle.

“You see? This is what happens when you go out of control like that.” sighed Grega, “Do you REALLY want to bother with them at this point? Lets scram before they decide to attack.”

“Silence!” shouted Kelesk as the chaos aura ignited into a crimson red colour round him.

----------​

“Forget the warning!” Skyrider turned round and threw his hand downwards “Fire!”

The canons roared as dust on the ground that surrounded each tank was blown away by the sound of the gun fire. The area was quickly covered by a layer of smoke and the smell of gunpowder, so that a mist formed up to knee-height round the army.

“Get me the reserve troops with the weapons from storage 16 here! PRONTO!” Karrde ran towards the mobile HQ, following the order he has just received from Sky.

----------​

Explosions and whistling sounds filled the area round the helicopter crash as shells rained down from the sky due to the artillery fire. With the crimson red aura round his area, the shells were all torn apart before reaching Chaos, who only laughed fanatically. Grega was jumping left and right avoiding shells and explosions, while using the force of the air, generated by explosions formed on his palms, to steer away any shells he could not avoid.

“Guess they're reloading” said Grega as the rainy assault stopped for a few moments.

The place was devastated, with building debris and impact craters all over. The area of proximately 80 meters was levelled to the ground in only a few seconds. Moments later a new explosion was heard, hinting the first shot of the second wave. With a loud scream the chaos aura burst out into the air going from, crimson to blood red, as it covered the air above the two, intercepting the new wave and annihilating each and every shell that came in contact with it.

Just after the last shell had been disintegrated, Kelesk stretched his right arm upwards with an open palm. The chaos aura shrunk in size to tat of a pebble and was resting in his palm.

“Oh ****!” Grega quickly jumped out of the way.

Chaos threw his hand forward unleashing in front of him a pillar of blood red chaos energy, shooting straight at the artillery location, while annihilating everything in its path. Grega was blown outwards by the sheer force of the attack, as buildings near the path of the wave started to crumble and fall. As the attack ended all that remained was a fog of dust and a trail, where nothing was left standing leading outwards from the Art district and stopping in the middle of the Pluggins district.

Blown away by the attack the forum defense forces were slowly getting on their feet. Tanks laying round everywhere, like toy cars thrown round by a child. Skyrider slowly got up, dust and small stones falling from him as he observed the destruction in terror. Karrde, slowly crawling out of the HQ that was tossed aside into one of the buildings displaying pictures of various tournament and colour effect pluggins, remained on his knees and gazed at the giant emptiness where the artillery units were standing. All tat was left when the dust settled, was a leveled field with collapsed buildings on both sides, littered by broken pluggin parts. Not even shreds or debris were left in tact by on the path of the chaos wave.

“WHERE IS THAT BACKUP!” shouted Sky as in the distance explosions were heard.

Grega slowly got up from beneath the rubble of a nearby wall, with cuts inflicted to him by shards of glass that were thrown round during the attack.

“Are you crazy?” Grega faced Kelesk “Do you have any idea how many innocents died with that attack?”

Gregas words fell on deaf ears as Kelesk was focused into the sky. Suddenly 4 pod like shells dropped from the sky and anchored themselves within the ground and rubble. The pods burst open with a hissing sound as steam burst outside from within.

“What are those?” let out Grega in astonishment.

“So they sent out the Mechanoids?” mumbled Chaos.

As soon as the steam let off a mechanical humanoid figure lunged out of every pod. They each had 4 hands where 2 were wielding sword like weapons that glowed brightly blue, and the other 2 were holding a pair of guns. Their heads were spheres with video sensors picking up a full 360 degree field of view, and were additionally armed with two rockets anchored on each shoulder plate. Other than the bright shiny metal that was forming their outer skin, they had no visible armor, and each of them bearing a number from 1 to 4. Two of them quickly jumped Kelesk from behind as the third started shooting from a distance. The fourth launched itself straight at Grega shooting off its guns.
Kelesk jumped backwards in between the two attackers and extended his palms towards their backs. With a big grin on his face 2 small spheres of black energy were shoved into the Mechanoids backs, sending them flying forward. Then with an outburst of chaos energy Kelesk disappeared and appeared behind the third unit. Gripping it by the head and lifting it up, he burst out his chaos aura surrounding both of them.

Grega quickly put both hands in front of him forming a half sphere shield that deflected the bullets of the fourth unit. The unit jumped up into the air above the swordsman and while facing him in mid air, it shot one of its rockets. The explosion sent the unit straight up as it started to shoot its guns again. Afterward the Mechanoid did a back flip in mid air as its back plate opened up revealing a jet pack.

With the chaos aura outburst getting stringer with each moment, the unit spun round and Kicked Kelesk in the stomach forcing him to let it go as he flew backwards a bit before doing a midair back flip and using his hands to launch himself into the air, only to be knocked to the ground by unit number 2, as it axe kicked him from above. He landed one knee on the ground as he quickly grabbed his bansaber and ignited it while stabbing unit number 3, that just attacked from the left, through the chest. He then pulled the weapon to the right, slicing cleanly though the Mechanoid.

Using its jet pack, the unit maintained flight while reading for any signs of movement. It quickly spun round with a roundhouse kick, but the attack got avoided by the swordsman. Grega quickly put both hands behind him and with an explosion propelled himself forward, slamming his knee into the robots chest plate. As the robot was bent forward, the swordsman rose his hands straight up, forming a heavy claymore two-hander sword and swung it straight down, knocking the robot into the ground. He then let go of the sword and propelled himself downwards materializing a long lance, which he used to impale the Mechanoid on the ground. The unit not dead yet, calculated the chance of success, with a final effort to kill off the opponent, self destructed . The explosion sent Grega flying back smashing head first through one of the last remaining walls, knocking him out cold.

Unit number 1 dashed forward and tried to stab Kelesk only to be met with a quick diagonal upwards slice by the ban saber, causing it to split in two. Its not fully dead yet, it grabbed Chaos by the arm as the last remaining unit fired all its rockets at its target. With a quick ignite of the chaos aura the rockets deformed and vanished from existence, along with all the internal circuitry of the mechanoid.

“So they have the same armor coating as my staff weapons.” said Chaos to himself.

Unit number 2 used its jet pack to assault Kelesk, who jumped out of the way, extended his hand and shot a small black orb into the back of the robot. The Mechanoid evaded the orb by flying straight up as Chaos vanished with a burst of the aura. The Mechanoid sensors picked up the same outburst right above its head, but it was to late, as the ban saber had already cut it down the middle.

“FREEZE!” yelled Maj from behind Kelesk accompanied by about 60 armed men, bearing the Forumscant special forces crest and armor “Give up, and come along quietly, or we will kill you!”

Kelesk turned round and ignited the chaos aura, which flashed a pitch black colour, before extinguishing moments after a gunshot was fired. Chaos grabbed his bleeding shoulder as he screamed in pain.

“I wont give you any more warnings Kelesk!” continued Maj “Cucumba left us with storage 16. A weapons storage area where all ammunition and bladed weapons are created from the same material as your staff. Your chaos aura will not protect you from these bullets.”

Kelesk looked at the force in anger, he took note that 2 similar platoons took positions round his vicinity lead by Karrde and Skyrider.

“Its over Kelesk” shouted Skyrider.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kelesk:

By not being completely wasted while reading through your post, you managed to avoid the pitfalls of numerous mistakes, and as such maintained a good flow throughout. Your post was very immersive, well-described and creative. Though you did venture a bit away from the actual venue, I don't see that as a problem, as it seemed to be a natural progression throughout the storyline, and this is somewhat of an unorthodox match.

Grega:

Though you were more descriptive, and had fewer mistakes this time around, immersion was definitely lacking, and I can't say I feel like your plot flowed naturally. Next round, work on immersion. Try to feel like you're actually there; that you ARE Grega, and that your description should make the reader feel like he's there, too. I also recommend that you fix things like misusing/not using apostrophes, though that plays a less significant part in writing.

Decision:

This round goes to Fight Club's lovable, psychopathic, destruction-addicted chaos-lord, Kelesk.

New Deadline: 23:59:59 (11:59:59 PM) GMT on the Sunday of 03.10.2010.

Lord of Chaos
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Thunder roared overhead and bolts of lightning lit up a bruised skyline adorned by thick and dark rainclouds which had dropped huge amounts of water over the area around Mount Noobus. Large, heavy drops of rain poured over the arena where the rumble had begun though now it had taken off, the spectators had abandoned the so-called indestructible arena and taken shelter where ever it could be found.

Amidst the darkness above two figures remained locked in a battle which was soon to come to an end. Two streaks of energy trailed across the sky colliding with each other in violent power struggles; one a vibrant violet and the other darker than the black skies it sat amongst.

One final collision and the skies roared as if to cheer the victor, the purple streak stalling and then beginning to fall from the sky, the tiny figure landing on the side of the mountain which had spawned the creature he had attempted to defeat.

* * *​

In the midst of what had begun to unfold before the remnants of the moderation team Skyrider had succumb to memories of that fateful day. A day where he had witnessed a long list of things go wrong when they never should have.

He stared blankly at a screen, though the video feed streamed to it was distorted and difficult to see he still stared not even attempting to comprehend the situation. Panicked and confused voices surrounded him each asking questions of each other, no one entirely sure how best to proceed with the situation before them.

* * *​

Looking from atop the Admin Tower through binoculars Skyrider could see the figure who had won the fight in the sky. The dark aura which had accompanied him before remained, unnaturally moving around him as though it were alive. A new figure now stood before him, this one yet to show an aura of his own.

Inside the Admin Tower Skyrider and a few of the remaining moderators stood, sheltering themselves from the events which were playing out right in front of them. Cucumba had yet to be seen since the arena had been abandoned and now with the Rider approaching the tower it was assumed he had already been killed.

Vibrant flashes or amber lit up the area before the team giving brief relief from the darkness which had befallen the area since the rain had begun as the figure threw himself at the Rider landing one savage blow after another. Though as the sky roared once more the figure cloaked in amber was felled; the wry smile which had grown on Skyrider’s lips disappearing.

Slowly the figure pulled himself back to his feet and drew his weapon, the blades of amber whirring around like a tornado as he quickly attacked and withdrew in flashes of energy but soon enough the Rider caught him, knocking the weapon from his hand with a unseen force, causing it to fly through the air towards the Admin Tower until one of the large amber blades dug into the thick glass which protected the observation level of the tower. The blade buzzed and crackled with energy before dissipating, leaving the staff which harboured the blades to fall inertly to the foot of the tower.

Skyrider looked away, shame crept over his body. He didn’t even know the figure out there was who was attempting to stop the Rider and yet here stood all that remained of the moderation team who had escaped with their lives; cowering in their last place of refuge.

The startled voiced of his comrades drew his attention back to the battle but this time he did not stare through the binoculars. The sky had opened up and the inky darkness of space flooded through the widening gap, the stars shining brightly beyond. The storm which had surged through the clouds lashed out unnaturally as they were pushed opened by an unseen force accompanied by an ominous crimson glow.

Glancing through the binoculars at the figures Skyrider could see the area around one rippling as if surrounded by an invisible aura, but as a flash of lightning lit up the area from the distance he could barely make out a black aura which barely showed reflecting the flash of lightning with a red glow, the ground around the figure scorched black and blowing away what appeared to be small crystals or glass.

The figure cloaked in the aura of darkness for the first time looked uneasy, his frame holding itself from his deliberate march toward the tower. Caution had taken over.

His weight began to shift and Skyrider could tell why, gravity for everything under the gaping hole in the sky had lowered he felt light but unable to control his body, no doubt the Rider felt the same and then in a discharge of crimson energy the world returned to normal.

Everything happened in slow motion, like a train wreck Skyrider’s attention turned immediately from his dilemma to the figures, the ground around one of them had sunk in a huge diameter and a shock wave of dust and debris rolled outward gathering momentum like that of an atomic bomb being detonated. The world shook in violent protest as a pillar of crimson energy burned brightly around the source of the attack folding outward the closer it got to the ground.

A minute passed and the next he knew Skyrider was pulling himself from the metallic floor of the tower. Looking up he could see what had been left in the wake of the attack. Buildings on the outskirts of the city had collapsed or were on the verge of doing so, the area around the two was destroyed and a smoking indent in the earth was all that remained. The Rider still stood and his assailant dropped to his knees shortly after. It had been his last resort, a feeble attempt in which Skyrider had assumed he’d exerted every last bit of energy he had to draw upon.

* * *​

His last memories of that day were of a flood of emerald; nothing else was clear. It had been discovered later that Kelesk had been the fighter who stood alone and attempted to stop Pride. His attacks had been ruthless and savage and when he had realised that nothing could be done to physically stop Pride he had drawn upon a power bestowed to him by his brethren who were apparently caged by Cucatoth and left in the deepest regions of space. It was an infinite power source which he rarely drew upon for more reasons than one and only ever used sparingly when he did.

It was a long and interesting story left in a voice recording by Cucumba. His last little bit of insight before he’d abruptly returned to his slumber. But now everything he’d seen that day was happening again.

“Sky, what the hell do we do?” A voice yelled from behind him, pulling Skyrider from his daydream.

The video feed from the Tripod’s underbelly camera revealed an orb of energy in Kelesk’s hand gathering energy though with the stream in black and white it was impossible to make an accurate call.

“Maj, what colour is that orb he’s holding?” Skyrider spoke hurriedly into the headset he donned, an answer coming back almost immediately.

“It appears black, but depending on which way the light shines off it its red.” A distorted voice rang back. “It’s pulsing with some nasty power though; I can feel it on my chest.”

“Fall back inside the Tripod’s shield, now!” Skyrider screamed into his mic.

The Tripod shuffled to brace itself as its sensors picked up Kelesk’s attack, his arm reeling back before launching the orb sidearm as the monstrous machine. The modiwans before it scurrying inside an unseen barrier which lit up the second the orb collided with it, spreading outward in a huge panel like pattern which ate into the road and rubble on either side of the giant. Crimson sparks of energy surged around the ball of energy as it sat pressed against an immovable shield, the Tripods rear leg sinking into the concrete as it stood its ground against the opposing force.

The next thing the modiwans knew the orb detonated, the ground beneath them shaking violently. As the shield held strong the modiwans watched as the blast covered the other side of the shield with dust and destruction, the ground being torn apart. As the dust cleared Grega was nowhere to be seen, blown away by the blast leaving Kelesk by himself, his arms back at his sides, the transparent black aura reignited around him.

“We told you the shield was stronger Kelesk.” One of the modiwans yelled from behind a deep cut in the ground where the Tripod’s shield had dug into the earth.

In the distance rocket fire could be heard echoing off across the empty plateau which was once the art district as a multitude of LRM launchers which had been called in by Skyrider and the moderation team in order to provide additional fire support opened up.

Rocket trails soared across the open skyline and slowly tipped down towards their target. Slowly Kelesk turned to face them, his aura flared once and died in a burst of crimson and he traced a line in a semi-circle in front of him. A visible tare of black rippled in the air where he’d traced his fingers and then shattered into thousands of tiny shards. Flinging his hand around past them they shot forward, disappearing into the distance and with no more than a handful of seconds notice the missiles detonated across the sky.

Before the explosions had even cleared Kelesk turned, energy brightly glowing in his hand as it gathered power before he threw it toward the location of the LRM’s. Like the shards of energy before the orb disappeared from view as it flew seemingly only coming back into existence as it hit its target, detonating with a tremendous roar which shook the earth violently as it annihilated everything around where it detonated.

Slowly Chaos spun back to face the Tripod, the modiwans who cowered within its shield looking past Kelesk to the area where his orb had detonated. He said nothing, raising only one arm outright, his fingers roughly directed around the Tripod’s body.

“Kelesk.” One of the modiwans spoke, his voice still full of confidence. “You tried once before to breach the shield and failed. Why bother wasting your energy a second time?”

Grega, who had picked himself off the ground stood several metres behind Kelesk watching closely as the events unfolded.

“You. . .” Kelesk spoke quietly, barely loud enough to be heard. “You honestly think that my brother’s technology scares me?”

The modiwan stopped in confusion, throwing the hood back from over his head revealing Optimus.

“Your brother?” Optimus questioned, ****ing his head to the side.

“Cucumba. . .” Kelesk’s face twisted to an excited sneer.

A small glow of energy emitted from around Kelesk’s hand and an invisible force hammered into the Tripod’s shield. The visible sections of shield rippled outward as it once more dug into the ground and the Tripod shuffled it’s legs around in order to keeps its balance. Seconds passed as the invisible blast bored into the shield without any sign of detonation and then without warning it stopped. The modiwans turned their gaze back to Kelesk from the Tripod and once more Optimus spoke.

“Kelesk, I told you it is no use.”

The transparent aura Skyrider knew so well glowed dimly, the only real giveaway was that Kelesk’s hair tugged gently in an unseen breeze. His arm remained outstretched and his face changed ever so slightly.

In the mobile HQ the monitor which had been giving off power readings had come back online. Skyrider and Karrde watched them intently as Kelesk’s energy levels remained lower than they had been before the sky had opened up above them.

“I don’t understand.” Spoke Skyrider softly. “The last time I saw this Kelesk destroyed everything within a hundred kilometre radius of himself.”

“And this is a bad change?” Karrde retored.

“Not bad, just worrying.” Skyrider replied promptly. The image feed from the Tripod underbelly was no clearer now than it had been five minutes ago, but it was still clear to see Kelesk wasn’t troubled by its presence despite the fact he’d been unable to breach the shield.

“Sir, Kelesk’s power is beginning to surge!”

Skyrider’s attention snapped back from the Tripod monitor to the energy readouts and his jaw dropped.

“Everyone! Brace for impact!”

The aura around Kelesk slowly disappeared into rings of black and crimson energy which whirled around his outstretched arm like a corkscrew into the palm of his hand as a small speck on energy began to glow with a bright crimson halo. It wasn’t until a high pitched shriek began to emanate from the speck, which sounded much alike a scream of pain, that Optimus and the other modiwans fled the safety of the shield and scattered either side of the Tripod.

As the shriek reached its highest pitch the blast burst from the palm of the deity’s hand and a single compressed wave of energy hit the shield with unforgiving force. The ground immediately in front of Kelesk was torn away and as the blast pressed against the shield it began to spread out against the Tripod who refused to give ground. Like a wave around a rock, molten earth and debris flew in every direction around the shield flinging off with such force that typhoon like winds could be felt as far back as the mobile HQ and a clearly visible shock wave pushed itself backward towards Kelesk from the impact point on the shield spreading out in the air.

The modiwans on either side of the Tripod now looked on in awe as the beam of energy reflected a vibrant crimson for all but a second. More earth around the shield was stripped away turning into molten rock as it flew outward around the shield and from the mobile HQ all that could be seen was a gigantic pillar of flame which extended several hundred metres backward from where the mechanical monstrosity attempted to stand it’s ground, it’s hind leg slowly sinking into the ground behind it as the unrelenting force pressed against the shield.

From behind Kelesk, Grega stood speechless. Before him a wall of flame and if not for having seen it standing there earlier he would have never known what was behind it. The earth on both sides of the Tripod had been ripped apart and turned to nothing more than molten rock which had been flung around the shield and suddenly there was a huge detonation behind the Tripod; hills off in the distance where the tanks and artillery had been melted into a wave of molten rock and steel. Slowly Kelesk lowered his arm, the Tripod before him making an unnatural metallic groan and dropping to the ground with a heavy thud.

Kelesk smirked in appeasement as the Tripod fell in a crumpled and smouldering pile before him casually turning his gaze to Optimus.

“Your unyielding faith in the toys my brother makes on short notice has failed you, modiwan.” He muttered, his raspy tone overshadowed by the fear instilling look his glowing red eyes gave off.

Optimus shuffled uncomfortably looking over Kelesk’s shoulder at Grega who was also visibly uncomfortable with how the situation was turning out. He had never once seen Kelesk lose control like this and couldn’t even begin to imagine the power the deity had unleashed in order to bring the Tripod down and though the smouldering wastes behind its remains spoke for themselves he did not want to be on the receiving end of one of Kelesk’s attacks while he was like this. As the earth-shaking roar of Kelesk’s last attack echoed off into the distance the silence was voided by a soft rumble with seemed to emanate from around Kelesk as his hair began to tug against an unseen breeze, though looking closely Grega could see the aura gently flaring around the deity.

“Enough games maggot.” Kelesk rasped still staring at Optimus while slowly raising his hand upward directing his fingers around the modiwan as he had the Tripod. “Your wasted existence ends here.”

As it had before a speck of energy appeared in the palm of Kelesk’s hand, a vibrant halo of crimson adorning it as his barely visible aura disappeared and rings of energy spiralled around his arm towards his palm.

Looking around frantically Grega’s eyes fell of the modiwan robe which Kelesk had previously discarded and then on the broken ban sabre hilt which lay atop it. Without thinking he rush towards it and grabbed both items, with Kelesk in the unstable state he appeared no other options remained.

* * *​

“Holy Christ. . .”

Skyrider pulled himself from a mess of unconscious bodies and broken glass rubbing his head. The mobile HQ he was in had tipped on its side and only two monitors remained unbroken from the blast.

Doing the best he could to look up at it through blurry eyes he noticed one was the energy readouts and alike before, Kelesk’s was rising rapidly.

Hurriedly searching around for Karrde he manage to find him underneath another soldier who had sat up rubbing his head and violently shook Karrde awake.

“Karrde” Skyrider yelled drawing the attention of a couple of soldiers who were regaining consciousness. “We need to get out of here now!”

In a groggy haze Karrde was pulled to his feet by Skyrider and dragged from the wreckage of the mobile HQ with several other soldiers in tow, Karrde only managed a brief glance back towards the remnants of the Art District seeing the enormous crimson halo glowing from an unseen source which gave him reason enough to want to keep moving away from the wrecked field of tanks and artillery parts and what little remained of any soldiers who hadn’t been entirely swallowed by the wave of molten rock which had ensued the blast.

* * *​

The fear was clear in Optimus’ eyes as the swirl of energy began to scream aloud as it had before, a high pitched wail which sent a shiver down his spine and at that point none of the others waited one by one the rest of the modiwans threw themselves forward, their hoods falling back from their heads each tailed by a trail created by their ban sabres. A whirring mixture of blue and green flew toward the deity from multiple angles as the screaming drew closer to its highest pitch and as Optimus lowered his sabre in defeat his eyes widened in shock.

Each modiwan stopped in their tracks and the scream ceased along with the vibrant crimson glow that accompanied it, now replaced by a dim violet from a ban sabre impaled through Kelesk’s right shoulder which gently hummed at the same level as the rumble. Kelesk’s body did not move an inch, only his glowing red eyes which had locked on the sabre’s blade which stuck out from his shoulder in front of him and the smirk which smugly sat on his face had turned to a disgusted snarl.

Slowly his twisted his head around, looking over his shoulder at a short man donning the modiwan robes Engar once wore, torn and tattered, the ban sabre in his hand seemed new, undamaged and as he pulled it from the deity’s shoulder and swung it around into a horizontal position in front of him a second violet blade burst from the opposite end.

“Rogue. . .” Kelesk muttered softly, the wound in his shoulder seemingly not bothering him.

Kelesk slowly spun around to face the one who wore the shredded modiwan robes, steadily circling around him as the figure followed his every movement.

“Old friend. . . You would dare betray me too?” Kelesk croaked softly.

“Now!” Optimus yelled from behind Kelesk, his ban sabre igniting in a flash of yellow as he lunged forward amongst the other modiwans.

Kelesk swung around wildly firstly receiving a haymaker to his cheek from one of the modiwans before another managed to plant a spinning heel kick into his ribs which sent him reeling backward, struggling to regain his balance.

Stumbling to regain his footing Kelesk reached around behind him to where he kept his staff clipped to his belt grabbing frantically at something which was no longer there, the look on his face spelling out his frustration to a tee once he realised it was no longer there though a simple glance around was all he needed to locate it. Held in Grega’s hand was the staff and donning both Engar’s ban sabre and robes a copy of himself.

“I’m sorry Kelesk.” He muttered shamefully. “You’ve become something more horrifying than I’ve ever dreamt of.”

Kelesk’s eyes turned piercing his face marred with nothing but absolute anger, yet he said not a word.

“If we’re both still alive at the end of all this, please forgive me.”

Turning his head slightly hearing a ban sabre blade approaching him from behind Kelesk threw out his left hand. An orb of energy sparked to life within it adorned by large discharges of crimson energy bolts, swiftly he swung around to face the modiwan who held his ban sabre above his head preparing an overhead strike and threw his arm forward literally planting the orb into the modiwan’s stomach which flew out his back ripping chunks of flesh and bone from the body and spraying it over the group of attacking modiwans who halted their attack instantly watching as the body fell a metre in front of them, pools of blood spattering the area.

Swiftly the modiwans turned their gaze from the bleeding body to Kelesk as a high pitched scream began to emanate from his direction and each darted in a different direction except one who had been hit by a large section of his fallen brethren’s spine. The reality had been too much to bear and his humanity was showing, though within an instant it no longer mattered as the blast ripped apart the ground in front of the deity and ate into the modiwan, detonating off in the distance in the same destructive scene as the first had. As the smoke cleared in the distance all which was left of the detached modiwan was a pair of modiwan boots which had small lumps of cauterized flesh sticking out the top.

Kelesk laughed without holding back; a sinister and demonic laugh which was marred by his raspy voice though it could only add to the ambience. Two of their own had fallen in the space of ten seconds and now the remaining six were seriously considering their chances.

The first to move again was Optimus who lunged forward followed quickly by the other five modiwans who all brought their ban sabres to bear.

“Yes. . .” Kelesk murmured.

Crimson sparks surged in the air around him as the first ban sabre drew closer before a huge discharge of energy burst outward from him cracking the earth beneath where he stood and blowing Optimus back. Digging his feet into the ground to stop his momentum Optimus saw a second burst flare out from next to Grega knocking him to the ground and shredding his clone. Without realising it he held his sabre up in a defensive position feeling an unseen force batter against it a burst of energy blowing him further away a second later and there the deity stood. His face coated with a maniacal, bloodthirsty grin his staff in hand.

From behind Chaos three modiwans lunged forward the hum of their sabres ringing in Optimus’ ears as the deity swung around spinning his staff wildly to deflect the volley of attacks which followed, sparks and flashes of light burst out from where the sabre blades collided with the staff and with one final blow a trail of emerald flew up into the air. As if to mock the disarmed modiwan a surge of crimson bolts sparked out around the deity as he swung the staff back around to his side deflecting a horizontal slash from a forth modiwan who had joined the fray.

“Are you all so eager to die?” Kelesk snarled, more small sparks of energy surging around the ends of the staff.

As the air born sabre inertly fell on the ground before them Kelesk swung the staff back around in front of him the teeth-like blades of his Rogue Scythe burst from their cages and battered into one of the modiwan’s sabres ripping the weapon from his hands and flinging it across the dirt.

Like monstrous teeth the blades buzzed with energy, black sparks eating into the air around the blood-red blades which seemed to fight against the restraints that held them in shape.

Swinging the weapon back around the remaining armed modiwans threw their weapons towards Kelesk attacking with powerful volleys in hope of landing a crippling blow though none could manage the break through the crimson wall which left black sparks of energy in the air in its wake.

Wildly the scythe swirled around Kelesk as the modiwans continued their assault attacking in pairs with attacks from every direction, when one was knocked away another would simply take his place and before long the majestic whirlwind of crimson was surrounded. Both of the teeth like blades flew around the deity parrying and knocking away attack after attack, bouncing from blade to blade in a flurry of sparks.

From the side Optimus watched, unable to comprehend the situation, raising a hand to his ear and pressing at the earpiece he had hidden there.

“Sky, you still alive?”

”Barely, that blast almost put me in the ground. What did you need?”

“I need you to activate it.”

A long pause followed, Optimus turning from the melee before him and staring up at the starry sky which was still void of anything.

“Optimus, we’re unsure if we can even control it yet, there’s a good chance it could go berserk after it sees KelesK.”

“Kelesk is going berserk now so take your pick, Cucumba isn’t around to save us anymore we can’t keep relying on him appearing to pull us out of the **** anymore.”

”Roger, we’ll have it sent in but you guys need to pull out before it gets there. There’s no telling how it will react.”

Optimus turned back to Kelesk who had cut down two more of the modiwans and had another on the back foot.

“I don’t think that will be necessary.”

Optimus pulled the earpiece out and threw it on the ground hearing Skyrider begin to say something as Kelesk’s scythe lopped the head off the admin he’d been attacking, the other two backing off immediately after.

“You two!” Optimus called out to them. “It’s time to retreat, I’ll hold Kelesk here.”

“Sir!” The two replied in unison turning back in the direction of the mobile HQ and running toward it, sheathing their blades.

Kelesk casually turned his attention to Optimus who held up his sabre hearing a whistling sound off in the distance.

“I may not kill you, you ******* monster.” He sneered, spitting on the ground next to him. “But I’ll be damned if I’m not going to give you another scar to carry.”

Optimus smiled wryly, he could hear the missile flying towards him and knew he only needed to last a few minutes until it arrived.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom