Old forum names

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just rather curious, where did Diebythesword come from, and Cuc / Cucumba originate from? :3
Sit ye down by the fyre as I tell ye a tale as old as Forumscant itself!

When I first came here I was Cinder. Playing ESF at the time were two other Cinders . . . I decided to not use that name to de-lurk in ESF's forum.

Then I thought about using a saiyan name, but I didn't want to use Majin-SSJ4-Vegeta or something equally lame. So I invented my own saiyan, coming up with the names Celerus (Celery) or Cucumba (Cucumber), in homage to the saiyans Toriyama created (all have vegetable names). At first it was like Cucumba! (tada!), then I dropped the "!". Along the line a member by the name of Spin started calling me Mr. Pickle, and that stuck. He even made a sig with a cigarrette smoking Cucumber wearing shades. The Cucumba that's been in a dozen signatures since then is based off that idea. Cucatoth came from the idea that I was the second oldest person on the board, so I jokingly mentioned that I was an ancient horror and assumed that name for a bit.

DiebytheSword was a new start and distance from the old Cuc name, as well as a way to not be frustrated by video games that wouldn't let me register that name due to auto-censoring. For example, Battlefield 2142 told me that it had the forbidden word cum in the middle. Xbox live also rejected the name.

Die by the Sword is one of my favorite ideas; that one would believe so much in his free choice that he'd rather die than compromise. It's also a bit cooler than people thinking I'm a perv or other such nonsense due to the old name.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been Majin_You since I joined the community in the summer of 2001. I wanted a DBZ-themed name at that time because I was a misguided 14-year-old that assumed it was only appropriate to stick to the motif of the community. I didn't want to call myself "Majin Buu" or any variation thereof (including symbols, numbers, etc.), as I felt that naming myself directly after a character in the show lacked any kind of thought (no offense meant to anyone who has done so, though). Having thought about a variety of names for a bit, I concluded that I was, in fact, thinking too hard and settled on a name that rhymed with "Majin Buu", ostensibly for some sort of effect.

Years later, I attempted to change my name to Belthasar (one of the three Gurus from Chrono Trigger; specifically, the Guru of Reason), but found that the change produced unexpected shearing forces from the people who recognized me as "Majin_You". As I really don't much like DBZ, I still would rather distance myself from it by ridding myself of a DBZ-themed name, but, to my chagrin, I made my mark as "Majin_You". Blargh!

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I've been Majin_You since I joined the community in the summer of 2001. I wanted a DBZ-themed name at that time because I was a misguided 14-year-old that assumed it was only appropriate to stick to the motif of the community. I didn't want to call myself "Majin Buu" or any variation thereof (including symbols, numbers, etc.), as I felt that naming myself directly after a character in the show lacked any kind of thought (no offense meant to anyone who has done so, though). Having thought about a variety of names for a bit, I concluded that I was, in fact, thinking too hard and settled on a name that rhymed with "Majin Buu", ostensibly for some sort of effect.

Years later, I attempted to change my name to Belthasar (one of the three Gurus from Chrono Trigger; specifically, the Guru of Reason), but found that the change produced unexpected shearing forces from the people who recognized me as "Majin_You". As I really don't much like DBZ, I still would rather distance myself from it by ridding myself of a DBZ-themed name, but, to my chagrin, I made my mark as "Majin_You". Blargh!
I think Majin_You defines who you are on these forums. Not because you're the head administrator, but because it is, indeed, original. I don't consider "Majin" to be a name of a character in DBZ, but rather a title. You had "Majin" Vegeta, and "Majin" Buu etc etc.

But that's just me. I think it works well for you ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
german_boy
Tryforce
Zyrus
Shako

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom