Ol fashind wrasslin!

Best answers
Yah, i wanna learn some wrestling moves. I have a wrestling match against a friend at my party Saturday. Im supposed to wrestle him in front of like 20 people... so I dont wanna lose.

I know all the pro moves, but thats the fake stuff on TV, adn I cant pop off 3 powerbombs in this match.. because it's gonna be way too hard to do.

so, I was wonderin if anyone could help me look for some move tutorials that I could learn off the net, and practice at home.

and BTW, i already searched google... nothing came up.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
Yah, i wanna learn some wrestling moves. I have a wrestling match against a friend at my party Saturday. Im supposed to wrestle him in front of like 20 people... so I dont wanna lose.

I know all the pro moves, but thats the fake stuff on TV, adn I cant pop off 3 powerbombs in this match.. because it's gonna be way too hard to do.

so, I was wonderin if anyone could help me look for some move tutorials that I could learn off the net, and practice at home.

and BTW, i already searched google... nothing came up.
It's better if you have someone teach you first hand than to learn off the internet.

Best answers
Yah, My dad was a Michigan wrestling champion back in highschool.. .but he cant remember many moves anymore. I want all the help I can get, so anything would be appreciated.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if they get on top of you, grab their forearm and use your body weight and try to roll...

my dad taught me that... but thats the extent of my wrestling knowledge.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How can you be such a wrestling fan and have never tried the real thing? That's like riding a bike to an Indy car race.

Best answers
lol, Pro Wrestling and "real" wrestling is completely different. Pro, is fake as hell... half the moves they do CANT be done on a wrestling mat.

I've wrestled before, and even though im WAY stronger than any of my friends that I wrestle, they always beat me... simply because I dont have skill in wrestling. I learned proper stance, and I practiced my speed grapple... thats definately an edge I have so far, but thats it as of now.

so anyone have any other Tips that I could use?

and thanks for the tip ZN.. greatly appreciated.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wrestling, like any other martial art, is impossibly difficult to teach over a medium such as the net, but I will see if I can dig up some videos to help.

Best answers
OH yeah, I know that. I dont wanna learn everything about it. I just want to learn some basic moves that I could use, I'll probably mix it up with some pro moves that are actually POSSIBLE.

I might go talk to the wrestling coach tomorrow about joining the team.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
Seek out Sarutobi Sensei.
QFT
Hmm, but yes I dont think it would help much to seek out wrestling moves on teh interweb..
But..
If you want a good neck hold..

If your able to get behind him, wrap either arm around his neck and put that arms hand to the back of your neck/head.
If you just put your hand to the back of your head now you can see where his neck would go.(Shoulder/arm)
Stand up. He cannot do much, his face should be facing the ceiling as his back facing you.(Stand up straight and pull your arm back as well.)
Make him give up by putting pressure/tighting your arm around his neck.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Without knowing the basic moves, your strength is useless. Someone with even basic understanding could walk you right into putting yourself open. (ie, they reach up and try to pull down on your head. You then resist by pulling upwards, they then stop pulling and while you're still resisting, dive in and go for a single/double leg takedown) The moves are set up so they can't be powered out of if done properly.

Good luck?

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I know this move, they used to do it all the time back in the day, take him on a 4x4 ride, and smoke a tree.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Despite the comedy here in the guys method of speech, he has some amazing arm locks and leg locks, as well as an impressive escape from the full nelson.

http://www.clantoolz.com/me/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=983

You may need to get an account there to see it, but I'm pretty sure you can access it as a guest.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have two words for you -- ANKLE and LOCK.

THough it is a move from Pro Wrestling, it is EXTREMELY easy to do and hurts like hell. Also, you can grapevine it and make it nearly impossible for the guy to escape. Don't put your full pressure on at first, let him think it's bearable, then slowly increase. In this way the pain mounts, and you are less likely to break his foot.

Also another general tip--an any sort of lock, be sure to interlock your fingers like two hooks. Physically this makes even a simple waistlock much harder to break. The pros use this technique to ensure they don't lose their grip during some more dangerous maneuvers (Undertaker and Kane's tombstone piledriver, for example--it could break a guy's neck if they ever dropped someone). Doing this will make it very hard for your opponent to escape any grapple you catch him in.

Best answers
I havent wrestled much, but if your taller than him try to get a good grab of his head with your armpit, after that all you have to do is pull him down with all your weight and after your both down just keep crushing his head in your armpit.
Dont know if it works, but worked against my friends who are all stronger than me, i just used my height as a weapon. But none of us have learned any real wrestling though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know what the rules are for this match, but here are some basic things I've learned over time. I think they're good things to have in mind for anyone inexperienced in this sort of thing.

A simple take down: all you have you have to do is grab onto their pant legs, one hand on each pant leg. Don't even grab the leg, just the pants. Or if they're wearing shorts, the bottom of the shorts, whatever. Now, keep the legs still; pull them towards you, whatever you gotta do. Then basically just run forward with your head down a bit, get your shoulder into them. Since you're already bigger/stronger than the guy he should fall down if he can't get out of it fast enough, just make sure you do it fast and hard. Then capitolize. Never let a downed opponent just sit there, GET onto him, just make sure you have a plan. Going for the mount is generally a good idea.

If he's trying to take YOU down, maintain an athletic position. Do not stand up straight, or jump, or anything silly like that. If he makes a rush at your legs kick them backwards behind you and grab his upper body/head, use it as a support for a moment just to keep your legs away. Guillotine him, it's especially easy to do against people rushing towards your legs.

Watch your neck and don't get guillotined yourself. In a situation where you think your neck is exposed, always be ready to move your hand to your neck, BEFORE his hand gets around it. If your hand is even just next to your neck he's going to have a hard time grabbing you there.

On the ground things can get real confusing real fast. A few important things:

DO NOT GET MOUNTED. No matter what do not let him straddle your waist; accomplish this by keeping your legs high when you need to, and look for when he's trying to get a mount. If you fall backwards, fall with your legs up: try and get them around his waist as he falls on you. Getting taken down is far from defeat: you can quickly turn things in your favor.

If anything, on the ground, if you aren't trying to go for a leg lock or an arm bar or what have you, you should be trying to mount him, or get behind him. If you can get behind him, wrap your legs around his midsection and lock your arms around his neck or give him a full nelson or something. He's not getting out.

Be limber, be like a spider; crawl all over him, get into position. Lean on his back and use him as a pivot to turn around. Get behind him. You are mobile; don't forget it.

Don't panic. Don't let your adrenaline get the best of you. If you give into instinct chances are you won't have the sense of mind to do anything useful other than waste MASSIVE amounts of energy. Always try to be aware of what you're doing, what he's doing, potential openings and etc. Keep a clear head.

On that note DON'T WASTE YOUR ENERGY. If it looks like you can't bring him down a certain way, don't keep trying over and over. Don't overexhert yourself attempting to do things like heave his entire bodyweight in a particular direction, lift him above your head, or stand up with him on your back or something. You can throw him around all day, but it won't end the match; the match ends on the ground. Don't let him fool you into wasting energy. No matter how strong you are, if you're winded and burnt out you're going to lose.

And be careful. You guys are friends.

Do your friends wrestle for school, btw? Are they going to use standard wrestling rules?

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Arm bar takedown followed by the ankle lock always works. ^_^

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
yea as Hitokiri said, BE CAREFUL do NOT let adrenaline take over and end up taking a swing at him, this could **** up alot of things.

Best answers
Hitokiri said:
And be careful. You guys are friends.

Do your friends wrestle for school, btw? Are they going to use standard wrestling rules?
Nope... were all noobs, when it comes to high-school wrestling.

THanks a lot for the help though guys, Im confident that I'll destroy him today.

I guess I'll tell u all how the match went tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom