Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have to say this is one of the strangest thing I have ever written. It’s like a piece of fairy floss - it all kind of sticks together but there is nothing at its core…

The Center for Disease Control recently sent scientists to Los Angeles to try and find out where an outbreak of tuberculosis started, and to try an isolate those affected by it before the outbreak becomes widespread. They have so far identified some 4650 people who have been exposed. The outbreak is believed to have started in Skid Row and shelters are urging the homeless to get tested. TB is not limited to the homeless and the hard up however, and with downtown LA attracting visitors to its cheap hotels there are fears that the outbreak will spread.

The Cecil Hotel is one such place where the cheap rates and no reservation needed policy makes it attractive to visitors. The Cecil though has a few secrets it may not want to tell its guests about.

Serial killer Jack Unterweger lived at the hotel while he went about his business of murdering prostitutes, and in 1985 Richard Ramirez, the ‘Nightstalker’, stayed at the hotel while he continued on his killing spree that resulted in 14 deaths.

In 1962 Pauline Otten, who was 27, jumped from the window of her room. She landed on a passerby killing them both.

Two years later in 1964 Goldie Osgood was found raped and strangled at the hotel and Elizabeth Short, ‘The Black Dahlia' patronized both the hotel and the bar next door.

Moving forward to just recently, the decomposing body of Elisa Lam was found in a water tank at the Cecil. Guests staying at the hotel had complained about dark colored tainted water coming out of their faucets.

The 2005 movie “Dark Water” centers around a hotel where a decomposing body is found in the water tank. The name of the main character is Dahlia and her daughters name is Cecilia.

As for the TB cases, where do they fit into all this? Well, the test being used to check for the disease is known as the LAM-Elisa test.

They say fact is often stranger than fiction…how strange is yours I wonder?

Last edited:
Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Interesting story

I'm guessing you use the light theme btw? Because you can't read that on the dark

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Cool story, brah. Pity it ain't all that believable! D:

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's kind of the point Horatio?

-_-

All factual. Bizarre, yet completely coincidental. Check it for yourself. If I made it up it would defeat the purpose of reality being interesting.

So I take it I'm the only person who can sees these happenings as interesting and has an account of life imitating fiction to offer...
I'll leave you to your memetic cesspool.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I'm not saying that it isn't interesting, or coincidental, I just don't think it really was meant to be like that. It was a coincidence, and no more. That is what I mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom