not sure how to explain this but here I go

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In some big maps, [insert name of big map here] I get the problem that it looks like there's a giant black triangle in the opposite corner from where I'm standing. For example, in Hammer, when I make a map I can already see this black triangle in the 3d viewport. This stops me from making big maps, best I can do are 1 on 1 maps 'coz I can see the map fine. If anyone *understands* what I mean, please try to help me........ :cry:

Best answers
i cant help you buddy but maybe you should put this in the mapping section , maybe they can help you there

Best answers
i think its just that its to far away to see it good but when u lay with ur map u wont see it

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What you're seeing is the back clipping plane.
This is set in the options of VHE, for performance reasons. On slower computers, seeing an entire large, detailed map at once could slow the computer down considerably.
To correct this in VHE, go to Tools, Options, and click on the 3D Views tab. You should see a a few sliders. The first one will be under performance, and controls the distance at which the back clipping plane appears.
Slide it all the way across, until it hits 10000.
You probably won't, but if you have a lag problem, just change the slider here to a lower value.
To fix this if it's happening ingame with maps you make, go to Map, Map Properties, and change the Max viewable distance value to a larger number (10000 should be enough).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom