Nostalgia at it's finest.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I was looking through a bunch of my old stuff that I had boxed up we had to try and get rid of to make space. I stumbled upon something I haven't seen in so many years.

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Dat its mistake.

I still think I have my Half-Life CD somewhere o_o wow...

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I still have all 4 disks. Haha these things bring back so many memories. Specially CS.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Ah, yes, I remember those! :D

Also, sweet keyboard, bro!

Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I see your 2 and raise you 3

I got the GOTY edition so that's why I have paper cases :)

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha these are all the original cases. Oh man how I miss the days of playing these. I dunno if it's just a part of growing through games and such but I don't have that same feeling I did when I played them back then... Maybe it's cause I already know what happens in them?

Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
It will be because the surprise is gone

Replaying HL1 or 2 there's no desire to keep pushing forward, I already know what happens

But recently playing BioShock: Infinite I couldn't stop, I had to keep going, I had to see more

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Half-Life has to be one of the best gaming series I have seen to date. I mean... Half-Life and Half-Life 2 are in the top 10 most sold PC Games to date.

Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm still waiting for HL3 like a good little fan boy

Valve just need to make less TF2 hats and do more new software, I throw money at anything valve (except dota :p)

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I do as well. Valve has become my favorite game developers these days. Every game they put out is completely brilliant and amazing. Half-Life and Portal alone show what they can do. Add in their games like Gunman, Ricochet, and the others that started off as Half-life Mods or Quake Mods. There you have it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I really dont get why people like HL 1/2 so much.

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm still waiting for HL3 like a good little fan boy

Valve just need to make less TF2 hats and do more new software, I throw money at anything valve (except dota :p)
I'm expecting them to say something about HL3 when they release the steambox, or release it exclusively for steambox at first and then pc at a later date. What better way to floor Sony and Microsoft in the console department?

I really dont get why people like HL 1/2 so much.
After playing through the entire series multiple times, I can very definitively say it's the story and atmosphere that sells the game. And, in hl2, the characters. The gun mechanics are very solid, but they were really only slight improvements over other games at the time. Both still remain my favorite games of all time, especially after the Black Mesa release. I honestly thought I wouldn't be able to play HL1 all the way through again, but it somehow manages to keep me highly entertained.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
If Valve only release HL3 on Steambox, I will set out to kill some b*tches. (Gaben)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Damn, I seriously need to play through Half-Life especially now that Black Mesa is out! I've never played any Half-Life game to date but I own HL1.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The Half-Life series is still some of my favorite games. I can't wait for Half-Life 3.

I wish I never let my friend "borrow" my Half-Life disc. I also got the GOTY edition I think, it was either that or it was the Orange Box, but for the first Half-Life.

L

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Woah you just reminded me I had a steam account banned for 5 years for hacking. That was in 04' or so.
That steam account's games? Half-Life Platinum collection.
Gotta play through them all in a marathon sometime.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Woah you just reminded me I had a steam account banned for 5 years for hacking. That was in 04' or so.
That steam account's games? Half-Life Platinum collection.
Gotta play through them all in a marathon sometime.
Ah, I love marathon-ing.

I remember that one time I actually sat down for 20 hours, and played through HL1, Opposing Force, Blue Shift, HL2, HL2:E1, HL2:E2. Then I joined the steam group 'A Call For Communication'. :D

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Now that I think about it I have a Steam Account that is inactive as well. Hmm. I think I will revive it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom