NOOORWAAAAAY

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I found this funny for a myriad of reasons:

Article said:
The alarm rang at the end of the day on Monday, and Dagbladet.no reported that the guards didn’t know it was a drill. They thought it was the real thing, that something was threatening the life of a member of the royal family. Instead of spurring them into action, though, the alarm prompted some of the guards living at the royal guards’ barracks at Huseby in Oslo to hide in the bathroom and even under some beds.
http://www.newsinenglish.no/2011/04/14/royal-guards-apologize-to-their-king/

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Avenger's gonna have a fit.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Maybe they thought the alarm was the start of a good ol game of hide and seek and they just wanted to win, I know I usually hide in my bathroom or under my bed when I play.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been told a Norwegian anything is equal to a company of Space Marines. This article only serves to cement that notion.

Also, my teacher used to make me hide in the closet with him when the class played hide and seek, and I think I lost every time in a major way. I don't like to think about it.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also, my teacher used to make me hide in the closet with him when the class played hide and seek, and I think I lost every time in a major way. I don't like to think about it.
It's nothing to be ashamed about. But we need to know, please show me on the doll where the teacher touched you.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
There are some places a person can be touched that can't be shown on a mere doll.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What part of the doll represents my soul? Also, the mouth part. Always. I never could win "guess what it is by its taste".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Calling the Royal Guard "elite" these days is a pretty major exaggeration. They're elite at marching around the castle, standing still, and drinking on their time off. These people were drafted, and signed up for the royal guard because it's a ridiculously cushy assignment, where you're placed in Oslo.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Sounds like a great job :)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe, and this is just me, you guys shouldn't allow the completely inept, or boot-faces as we like to call them, to guard anything that isnt a chowhall. Our security force for the President, and pretty much anyone who rates, is pretty legit. In addition to infantry training, they have to go through a 5-6 month long CQB school, plus a bunch of other specialization schools, including **** like combat driving. All of that is, of course, in addition to lengthy background checks and they have to qualify for a security clearance. And no, I'm not talking about the secret service. The beautiful thing is there are layers upon layers, and wheels within wheels, of defensive measures meant to provide security for anyone who needs it, including foreign diplomats.

But, you know, thats just crazy 'ol us.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe, and this is just me, you guys shouldn't allow the completely inept, or boot-faces as we like to call them, to guard anything that isnt a chowhall. Our security force for the President, and pretty much anyone who rates, is pretty legit. In addition to infantry training, they have to go through a 5-6 month long CQB school, plus a bunch of other specialization schools, including **** like combat driving. All of that is, of course, in addition to lengthy background checks and they have to qualify for a security clearance. And no, I'm not talking about the secret service. The beautiful thing is there are layers upon layers, and wheels within wheels, of defensive measures meant to provide security for anyone who needs it, including foreign diplomats.

But, you know, thats just crazy 'ol us.

HMKG =/= HV-016.

His Majesty's Royal Guard is basically just a prop. It's for show. HV-016, which was shut down last year, was a squad like what you describe. Probably better trained than any unit Norway ever had, composed of special forces combat veterans.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One whole layer of protection? Unstoppable.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Which layer does hiding fall under?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Troll someone else, you're not even being inventive at this point.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Reporting the news isnt trolling. Im just doing the fine people of this forum a service.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought marines had better things to do, like killing civilians.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom