NOOOOOOOOO!!!

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
:cry: I cant believe it. I just bought a new G-Force card for like $30 (at least I think $30, we dont work in $). Anyway's, I get home, put it in and find out that the drivers are for win XP. So I download the new drivers and my screen blows????? Well I take my dad's screen and it keeps on chrasing and now I cant play ESF and I am going to battle the guy who clames to be the best in my town. Can someone please tell me if there's something wrong with the card or maybe the monitor (my dad's) cause I really need to show this guy who's the best? If helps its a G-Force MX 420. (dont laugh its all I can afford) :cry:

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
whats the total system spec?

most importantly, the operating system.

and the screen might be going weird cos youve set it in too high a resolution. example, if you have a monitor which can only handle 800x600 and you set it to 1024x768 you wont be able to make ANYTHING out, as the screen will be "tripping".

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I'm working on win98 (2nd).
AMD Athlon XP 2000+
128mb Ram
40GB hard drive.
Every thing else is onboard (incl. my old card SiS 630 or something)
The monitor can handle 1024x768 but not more. The problem is after it goes into win98 the monitor just goes black or my pc stops responding. All this happens in about 2minutes. :cry:

itr

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
What is your psu specs?

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
o_O Sorry, I'm a NooB when it comes to things like that, what are psu specs?

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
itr said:
What is your psu specs?
Trust me, PSU doesn't come into play with an MX card.

Try to uninstall all your old drivers for the last card you owned. Use drivercleaner if you need to. Then go to www.nvidia.com and download the latest. Make sure you remove the old drivers.

Also, format request for any off-topic mods to move this to Tech Section.

itr

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
Smith| said:
Trust me, PSU doesn't come into play with an MX card.

Try to uninstall all your old drivers for the last card you owned. Use drivercleaner if you need to. Then go to www.nvidia.com and download the latest. Make sure you remove the old drivers.

Also, format request for any off-topic mods to move this to Tech Section.
Eh I was thinking he might be overloading the psu, you never can tell, psu might've been barely holding on then, with the gfx card, it can't support it. :p

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
itr said:
Eh I was thinking he might be overloading the psu, you never can tell, psu might've been barely holding on then, with the gfx card, it can't support it. :p
yes it could be a factor depending on what wattage his psu is

i would say one of you may have messed up something in that pc when you installed the gfx card , did you make sure to tuch a fangrill or something before you started messing around with your insides ? try your old gfx card (something simlar happened to me once , i hit the bottom of my desk and then my pc rebooted and my gfx card taked a bashing , so i tried my guest comps geforce2 & that worked fine , after playying around with my current gfx card for a bit it worked agian , i think it was just knocked out of the agp slot a little) just make sure you installed it correctly , as when my friend was a pc n00b he broke a celeron 800 (that bum , could of been a home server or something)

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Thanx to everyone who helped, it works fine now. I just uninstalled the old drivers. It might of cost me a screen but I've learnt a important lesson. :] To post under Tech Bench next time :]
Thanx again.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
RandyHobo said:
yes it could be a factor depending on what wattage his psu is
No, trust me. A GeForce 4 MX card won't cause a problem with any PSU. And glad I could help, GrimReaper. Remember to always uninstall the older drivers before you put new cards in for now on ;).

Problem solved, thread closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom