NO IDEA WTF IM DOING

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You wont find much on the XML system.

Its a custom part of the new ESF.

Basically it means using XML files to tell teh game specifications of the map. And as such every map has its own XML file.

I wasnt hinting. I was telling you directly. You cant really do any of what you want without knowing what to put into the XML file itself ^^

And that information has not been disclosed yet.

You worry about making a good map. If its good enough and you donate it then well worry about the skybox and all that. Or you might want to try out for a mapepr position alltogether.

Ofcourse you do know that you cant really use anything you make in max with the open beta or 1.2.3, right? ^^

Best answers
THATS COOL!!! i just want to learn to map and model and animate if possible. ive been spending all my time practicin bass and making maps. trying to make a good one is uber difficult, even on hammer.

i still gotta learn to make my own textures. and lower r_speeds, use skip texture and hint texture (cause i still dont get what they do) wrap textures properly, give terrain good feel and still have a goodamount of flat space for actual fighting and game play.

and then still start over again on 3dmax...

by the time i learn enough 1.3 will be out and i will be able to make maps for it... hopefully... my goal is to make the "right over there" place in dbz, that they almost always go to when a battle is going to ensu, you know with the destructible stone pillars.

AND CONGRATZ ON YOU 10000 POST, ^_^ its an honer to have it be for one of my topics.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well if you are already learning to make modeled enviroments then you can forget the r_speeds. You should rather concentrate on polygons. Keep them round 50k for the standard map layout so you can have some extra for details.

And hint textures and all that are not needed when you are making a model of a map.

But if you really want to learn hammer first then this site will become your new best friend -> http://twhl.co.za/tutorial.php?cat=1

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
also, if you're determined to learn to map for ESF only, then move to hammer.

if you want to map for any more recent game, keep learning maps, but learn about modulation.

it's essentially building set pieces that snap together end on end like lego.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love the title of this thread.

I HAVE NO IDEA!!!

AHHHHHHHHH!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom