Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yup that's right

2DS

It's a 3DS, With no 3D and also it doesn't fold in half

While I think the idea of a 3DS (that's cheaper) with no 3D for those people that don't like it or can't/aren't allowed to use it I think the fact is no longer folds is dumb, It removes the portability and compact nature of the DS

It does play all 3DS games and it can take pictures in 3D (to export to a 3DS) so that's handy, The not folding is what really bugs me

Thoughts?

Sources:
http://kotaku.com/introducing-the-nintendo-2ds-no-thats-not-a-typo-1214807721
http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/08/28/nintendo-announces-2ds

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it can't fold it isn't really a portable system in my books. Not that I ever actually took my DS lite/Game Gear/Gameboy Advanced anywhere when I had it, but that is one of the selling points. This'll be like a super fat tablet that only does games, and some of those games are going to suffer from the lack of 3d (platformers). As somebody who works in retail I do not like the idea of having yet another DS to confuse somebody who doesn't know what to get their kids.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
True enough, I understand the price point being lowered because of the easier to manufacture case and the such, but did they really need to go this far backwards?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's the ugliest thing I've ever seen. I hope they're aiming for the kids market, because I can't imagine anyone over 15 being interested in that at all.

Also, they're terrible with names. The name is bound to be confusing for consumers, they made the same mistake with the Wii U.

Last edited:
Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Get the Zelda bundle

I wish I held out for a cool bundle rather than a launch console

Force Pit Member
Best answers
This is mainly being targeted at children I would imagine. The 3D in the 3DS has often gotten complaints about causing headaches, and now we have this new version called the 2DS, which is not only cheaper, but completely scraps the 3D functionality, right in time for kids to beg their parents to buy them Pokemon X/Y.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom