ninjustu is real!!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Team Ryouko are the real ninjas.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You thought manga invented Ninjas? Um...wow...No response really; just kinda' stunned...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They are not ninja, they are performers of ninjutsu. Ninja were mercenaries, snipers and spies, they taught no one their secrets. Odds of anyone except the ninja clans knowing their original techniques is highly improbable.

Today, the ninja are basically wiped out, as a result of ... was it a Shogun shunning them? After that it was just downhill to the cliff.

As for "manga invented ninjas", I have no non-flaming comment.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Deman, ninja were not farmers and peasants. Some of them were, yes, but they were in the clan, they weren't actually operatives. For a long time, they served the government, performing in roles such as snipers (when retreating, they posted snipers to take out the other army's leaders for an easy victory), spies, and assassins.

Eventually they were forced into the mountains 'cause the government set them up (they had gotten a bad reputation for doing the government's bidding, and the government decided to say the ninja were working on their lonesome), and then they were forced to work as peasants, farmers and similar.

At least that what I remember, there are many conflicting sources on this stuff. ;/

Best answers
o_O You seriously thought ninjutsu didn't exist? Nice.
We have a ninjutsu club around here, but it....sucks and has only like 5 people in it :p I saw their activities, but they don't seem very effective :\ .
I'll stick with Wing Chun for a while. It rocks!

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Deman, ninja were not farmers and peasants. Some of them were, yes, but they were in the clan, they weren't actually operatives. For a long time, they served the government, performing in roles such as snipers (when retreating, they posted snipers to take out the other army's leaders for an easy victory), spies, and assassins.
Ninja's were farmers and peasants. However, they didn't serve the government, they didn't serve anyone. They were hired by the government and pretty much anyone with enough money to carry out difficult jobs (assassination, espionage, information gathering, etcetera).

Eventually they were forced into the mountains 'cause the government set them up (they had gotten a bad reputation for doing the government's bidding, and the government decided to say the ninja were working on their lonesome), and then they were forced to work as peasants, farmers and similar.
Ninja's weren't forced into the mountains, that's where they lived and trained.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You said ninja weren't actually operatives. The article says they were.

You said ninja served the government. The article says they served whomever paid the most. There wasn't any mention of sniping, either.

You stated they were forced into the mountains by the government, after the government betrayed them. The article states times changed and the ninja were forced to take other roles, although they also found a place in the Tokugawa regime as "spies and bodyguards in the enforcement of the laws that allowed him to maintain control of the clans."

Righto.

@ Eon:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I did say they were operatives. I just said not all of the so called "ninja" were operatives, some members of their clans were normal people. The "ninja" you think of when you hear the word are the sneaky people - there were other members of their clans who did not do this.

I apologize for misphrasing - they served the people who served most, and this was in most cases, various governments.

Naturally there are conflicts, like I said already - some sources state that the ninja were outlawed, while others like this one claim they were integrated. It's hard to keep track of it all.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would love to lock this thread just to prevent a flamefest.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This thread is made of... holy ****, I don't even know... Wow, just wow...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm glad none of you wonder why I'm rarely around anymore. Perfect example right here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom