NGE needs you!

nge

Best answers
It's all been ordered + 1 year warrenty. I'll let you know when the product is in. Thanks again!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nge said:
I've been reading reviews, and all of them claim this isn't too great for gamers. For example-
"Cons: THIS IS NOT FOR GAMERS! I do a lot of gaming myself as well, but I do not know of a single game that takes advantage of dual-core. If anything, it will only cause problems. While playing Need for Speed: Most Wanted, I HAD to set the affinity to only one core, otherwise it would not play. Other games (CS:Source, Quake 4), I noticed a significant framerate increase when affinity was set to only one core."
Heh, then you've either been reading biased reviews, or... bad ones. Don't worry, be happy.

Here's an example of the benefits of multithreading in games with a CPU intense situation:

*Note, the 1600x1200 is completely GPU, not CPU limited. Otherwise, those are some incredible increases.

nge

Best answers
What exactly is a "multithread game?"

Heh, Smith, it looks like I might require a bit of help when my parts come in.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh dear god...it's finally happening...

Congrats, buddy ^_^! Now you can teach me to play NS. You know, cause you said Smith was a no good noob with no skills. Thats right Smith. NGE is talking smack about you o_O. Any who, I can't wait for your parts. Wait...we've been here before. Your parts are going to get shipped to Malaysia or something and then your vid card is going to catch fire -_-.

What ever =P. ~Smith|

nge

Best answers
With my luck on these things, the parts will all come in and I'll spontaniously combust while building it. I'll somehow survive catching fire from the inside, but it'll have destroyed the parts and voided the warrenty.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
With future apps & games supporting dual core chips, it is a wise decision to go buy a dual core chip. Games such as Quake4 already have a patch out that takes advanbtage of multithreading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom