NFL 2013 (AKA Eon and Deathshot cry about their teams)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I am crying right now. Tears from laughing.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's time to learn how to play Wide Receiver. This is how you do it.

Best answers

Bad snaps always make for a good time.

On an unrelated note, GO 49'ERS!

Last edited:

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Awesome, you just squeaked one out over the mighty Falcons. Either way, you guys employ a Harbaugh and are doing well with Boldin so I can't dislike the 9ers at all.

Also I'm so glad my team won the SB last year, it makes it sooo easy to just relax and laugh at them when they've played like shit all year.

To get into the playoffs, Baltimore has to beat Cincy on Sunday. They also need Miami or San Diego to lose. They can have a tied record with one of them and win the tiebreaker, but Baltimore will not win a 3 way tie.

The hilarious thing is, if Baltimore, SD, and Miami all lose, fkn Pittsburgh gets in if they beat Cleveland Sunday.

Jesus Christ the AFC sucks.

And the AFC is totally gonna win the SB again.

Last edited:
Best answers
Yeah, the AFC does suck, but at least it's not the NFC East!

Hopefully the Chiefs will pull through, and we can have a Smith vs Kaep showdown in the Superbowl!

Go 9'ers, Go Rams, Boo Seahawks, Boo Broncos, and have a Merry Christmas!

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
The AFC is awful but will win the Super Bowl again. Hail Satan

Best answers
Never! If the Chargers can whoop on the Broncos, anyone in the NFC West can. The AFC is doomed, DOOOOOOMED

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Baltimore's season is done. Oh well Joe did a good job playing on a sprained MCL and sprained throwing elbow.

At the very least Baltimore losing let's the Chargers get in, and Rivers owns and needs a goddamned SB ring.

Bandwagon teams for me - in order -

1. Chargers (only because Rivers is an awesome 10 year vet and needs a ring)
2. Panthers (Cam owns)
3. Seahawks (because Russell Wilson owns and **** sean's fat gay team)

Best answers
Baltimore's season is done. Oh well Joe did a good job playing on a sprained MCL and sprained throwing elbow.

At the very least Baltimore losing let's the Chargers get in, and Rivers owns and needs a goddamned SB ring.

Bandwagon teams for me - in order -

1. Chargers (only because Rivers is an awesome 10 year vet and needs a ring)
2. Panthers (Cam owns)
3. Seahawks (because Russell Wilson owns and **** sean's fat gay team)

Rivers is not that good bro. Look at how hard a time the Chargers had with the Chiefs 2nd string! Not to mention the fact that the NFL admitted the field goal should've been called back for a blatant penalty on the Chargers for having too many players on one side of the ball. He's good, but not great, and luckily for him, he's got a great defense. He doesn't deserve a ring and the Chargers don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

On a brighter note, the 9'ers won (of course) even though it was a pointless game, ****ing RAMS! On to Lambeau to whoop Rogers ass a second time!

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Rivers is not that good bro. Look at how hard a time the Chargers had with the Chiefs 2nd string! Not to mention the fact that the NFL admitted the field goal should've been called back for a blatant penalty on the Chargers for having too many players on one side of the ball. He's good, but not great, and luckily for him, he's got a great defense. He doesn't deserve a ring and the Chargers don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

On a brighter note, the 9'ers won (of course) even though it was a pointless game, ****ing RAMS! On to Lambeau to whoop Rogers ass a second time!
Teams have bad games. The Patriots lost to the Jets, the Bengals lost to the Browns. The defense was shitting its pants against Chase Daniel. Statistically Rivers has been the best QB not named Peyton Manning this season. Rivers had two rough seasons but is back in form and doing his thing. Go look at the track record when Marty was their OC and the special teams/defense were shitting the bed. The Chargers D has Weddle and that's pretty much it. Their run D is shakey as hell and outside of Weddle that secondary was getting bled.

I mean holy shit just look at Rivers' statline:

Completions - 378
Attempts - 544
% - 69.5 <- Nearly 70% of his passes completed. That's insane.
Yards - 4478
Average Yards per Game - 279.9
Average Yards Per Attempt - 8.2 <- Another insane stat
300+ yard games - 5
Touchdowns - 32
Interceptions - 11

Like holy shit what's your definition of a good QB

Kaepernick barely threw for 3000 yards this season, averaged less than 200 yards per game, less than 60% completion percentage, threw 10 less TDs than Rivers and has almost the same INTs.

No team "has no business in the playoffs" the league is built in parity. Last year the Ravens won the Super Bowl after losing to second string QBs Charlie Batch and Kirk Cousins, also the 4-12 Eagles.

The year before the Giants won the Super Bowl with a 9-7 record and a negative point differential. They also lost to the Rex Grossman Redskins.

2 years ago the Packers won the Super Bowl after losing a game to the 4-12 Lions and had to get a miraculous comeback by the Eagles over the Giants to even get into the playoffs.

The Chargers got into the playoffs on a WC and are playing with house money, history has shown us plenty of times it's entirely possible a team can get hot in the playoffs and run the table. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but dismissing the Chargers so easily, especially when you're just parroting ESPN headlines isn't exactly spot on analysis of a team/season.

Last edited:
Best answers
No, the Chargers do not belong in the playoffs. They committed a penalty, that the NFL admits should've been called, that would've given the Chiefs a second try at that field goal AND it would've been 5 yards closer. No, the Chargers got the wild card simply because the refs do not know NFL rules, a very shitty way to get in and crush the dreams of Steeler fans, which I don't really care about ;).

If you want to look at stats, just look at Tony 'the choke artist' Romo. He's got amazing stats, but what happens when he needs to be clutch right when it matters? Well, a nice interception, or a fumble, or a 'bad snap.' Romo has better stats than Kaep too, but my god am I glad he's a Cowboy. He should keep them in mediocrity for many years to come, and that makes me happy!

Kaepernick barely threw for 3000 yards this season, averaged less than 200 yards per game, less than 60% completion percentage, threw 10 less TDs than Rivers and has almost the same INTs.
Whoa now, Kaep also has 3 less interceptions (which is not 'almost the same'), over 7 times the rushing yards, 4 TD's compared to Rivers' 0, and over double the average rushing yards. Kaepernick is much more of a threat than Rivers could ever hope to dream of being and that thins out defenses.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's some ******* dedication.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
No, the Chargers do not belong in the playoffs. They committed a penalty, that the NFL admits should've been called, that would've given the Chiefs a second try at that field goal AND it would've been 5 yards closer. No, the Chargers got the wild card simply because the refs do not know NFL rules, a very shitty way to get in and crush the dreams of Steeler fans, which I don't really care about ;).

If you want to look at stats, just look at Tony 'the choke artist' Romo. He's got amazing stats, but what happens when he needs to be clutch right when it matters? Well, a nice interception, or a fumble, or a 'bad snap.' Romo has better stats than Kaep too, but my god am I glad he's a Cowboy. He should keep them in mediocrity for many years to come, and that makes me happy!

Whoa now, Kaep also has 3 less interceptions (which is not 'almost the same'), over 7 times the rushing yards, 4 TD's compared to Rivers' 0, and over double the average rushing yards. Kaepernick is much more of a threat than Rivers could ever hope to dream of being and that thins out defenses.
Kaep struggles because he doesn't read past his first progression.

The Patriots got 3 Super Bowl rings during spygate, The Steelers got a ring from a bullshit DPI call. It happens. If you're game is decided on a call from a ref then your team put you in a bad position anyway. The Chargers missed the playoffs 3 years ago due to a blown Hochuli call and the Bengals ended up getting the WC spot. Hell, when Tebow beat the Steelers in the playoffs his offense had an ineligible receiver downfield on the overtime pass that won the game. If you're game gets decided by the refs, you screwed up by putting yourself in that position. Do you think the Giants are undeserving of their 2011 title? They knew Kyle Williams had a concussion during the NFCCG and targeted him, and got lucky his knee muffed a punt. Earlier this season Jacoby Jones almost took one to the house except Tomlin was on the field and nearly interfered with the play. If we lost that game I wouldn't call Pittsburgh undeserving of the victory. If Baltimore's hopes came down to a kickoff return, then we deserved the loss for not taking care of business the other 3 quarters of the game. The Saints intentionally injured Favre on late hits all day in the 2009 NFCCG vs the Vikings (they still almost lost that game). Are they undeserving of their Super Bowl run?

I got to watch the 2011 AFCCG and Billy Cundiff shank a 28 yard field goal. On the Gillette Stadium scoreboard, the clock was incorrect and displayed third down at the time. Was I mad? Yea. But I didn't go around saying the Patriots didn't deserve a Super Bowl appearance that season. If Lee Evans got a pass or Flacco didn't throw a pick in the 4th quarter we wouldn't have been in that position, and therefore lost. The whole "Does not deserve" is a weak storyline and doesn't change the fact that they are there and it's not changing. The playoffs are crapshoot and as the last few years tells us, anyone can make a run.

As far as Romo goes, he's got one of the best 4th quarter passer ratings and lowest INT % of all time. He's living confirmation bias. His number game sealing ints are nearly identical to Peyton and Brady. Here I'll pull some dumb stat:

Is Tom Brady a choker? If you wanna default to the "rings" narrative then I guess Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson are better than Dan Marino.

Rushing stats are nice, but Kaep is still way way way less efficient than Rivers. When teams go at him and force him to throw he's in trouble as he's a one-read QB. You take out his first read and go at him and he panics. He's a 2nd year QB and is still developing, guy isn't a world-beater yet. Rushing stats are nice but the option-read QBs have all taken a step back. Russell Wilson hardly uses it anymore as he can read his progressions, same with Cam Newton.

If you're looking for a QB with padded stats you're looking for Matt Ryan, who had been surrounded by weapons (Roddy, Julio, T-Gon) and tosses checkdowns.

There's a ton of parity in the league (excluding franchises with terrible ownership/GM) and you can't just follow the headline analysts. They may be more educated on terminology and whatnot, but as far as commentary on the flow of a season they are just as clueless as us, which is why football is awesome and unpredictable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom