News Update

Best answers
Buu,Piccolo,Cell,and Freiza Should be the only ones who can move while cut in 2 becuz they all can regenerate(except freiza but freiza still moves in the series):]

Best answers
i am extremely excited about all this. also makes me wonder...with so much progress with the team, will beta 2 come sooner than a year? or if they do just decide to wait an entire year, will it just be that much more advanced? hmmm....it doesnt really matter to me, just makes me think. im excited for any and all developement with esf. although after playing budokai, i feel that i am spoiled by teen gohan's modeling. i think some changes [in esf] need to go about his hair

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I could understand making the melee cvar...sucks that none of us will be able to tell until we hop into the server, but I guess that's the price you pay with Half-Life's menu system.

"Cvar to enable/disable pl-gain after dying[being worked on] "

Now THAT's where I have the only issue.

Who complained about power levels going up when you die? That's the only thing keeping this game from being a "go ssj, fly to the top of the map, and unload with kames" fest.

So you mean to tell me that I may join a server where a guy has a 60 million PL...and I will have .7 million...and be expected to fight him possibly with beams only, if melee's off?

Melee is the only thing you can do to a very strong enemy realistically...my gallit gun gets batted away by anyone who hits SSJ, even at full power. Most moves will get batted away by an SSJ for anyone at a base power level. So how are we supposed to gain PL if the death gaining is off and melee's off? Ki blob spam?

Other than that one quip, I think it looks really great. But I was just curious as to whether or not the balance issue of that particular problem will be addressed.

Otherwise though, lookin' sweet! Can't wait to try that damn sword!!

Best answers
about the whole dying and not reaching a higher pl when theres a monster killin fools...servers should just hav a time limit so crap like that doesnt happen. u get in the server, u suck for the first map, then everyone is back to zero by map change, prove urself.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
whats been pissin me off about PL gain when ya die is i was gaining PL considerably faster by dying than i was by killing em

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ABout the SBC: When you say attach, you mean not being able to move after firing it (I thiknk thats one of the things that keeps Picolo balanced because he's not as powerful.)

Also, the dying cvar is no good as well. I know there are lamers who abuse it by killing themselves in console, but that just slaughters their score and the best they can do is become even with the rest. I don't like the idea of having to suck for an entire rotation if I didn't get thgere early enough. It'd be too much like the alpha then.

-Karrde-

Best answers
Sounds like a good plan.. all of that should help gameplay allot as well as smooth out some of the bad points of the game all in all i think the pach will be well taken in by the fans. :tired:

Best answers
Could someone pop in here and Sticky this cause i pretty much nearly (i say nearly) missed it.

Best answers
i actually want the sword to be weak *gasp* i want to be able to use the sword much and move with it quickly at the cost of damage. Also like make it so if the guy is much more powerful he can actually block the swords that'd be wicked for the mod. Just a few suggestions here the reason i play with trunks is because he is the underdog and im gonna love the feeling when a vegeta is just about to die and poof here comes trunks with the sword....that'd be wicked =)

also i hope he goes ssj2 then to adult i really like kid gohan ssj2.

When u think about it they took a year because they had to redo everything. With scale down they had to redo maps models code and such. Newer betas are probably gonna come sooner becuase they have base content which they didnt have before. Ive been hearing tweaking hl engine more with destructable stuff and of course newer everything ie tranformations and such, so there gonna have fun with all the spare things they can try to do with the engine, but at the same time the outline i see better fps, looks good and better fps? :shocked: . So sit tight and relax, not to bring up the whole melee argument but just a suggestion, can u just make right click regular melee like it just kicks and punch without swoop? Just a suggestion and btw gj esf team, so quick after inital releaseto iron out bugs

Best answers
Originally posted by [dBz] Gokuu
I just got 1 question :)

About ascending, can u become SSJ 2/3/4 in the next updates? or is it gonna stay @ SSJ 1 ?

i would really love it ;)
DUUUUUUDE i'm gonna spere you cuz i'm for The Netherlands to eeeejjzzz gozah alles goed dan mooi dan but the SSJ2/3/4 has bin asked so many goddamn times just let is go IT WILL COME I HOPE SO TO BUT JUST WAIT AND SEE don't ask about it all the time jeez

Best answers
Right click does do regular melee.

That Renzoku attack sounds awesome. Me and my friend were talking about Vegeta today, and that attack he did in the Saiyan Saga to try to kill Gohan...the multiple beam thing. This kind of sounds like it.

I'm glad you finally got rid of the cancel button in the candy menu. It was right next to the cursor and I was always hitting it. I'm sure you know all about it though...

What's Cvar?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I too disagree with that killing thing :/ Maybe if u kill urself, u shouldnt gain PL, but just getting plain out killed? It was a nice balancer for the game which was sadly abused, but rather than isolating the abusage you're just taking out the system altogether? Come on... there aren't THAT many lamers out there. I'd rather keep it the way it is than remove it all. Ah well, u folks call the shots.

Trunks' sword, sweet :)

Renzoku energy dan, sweet :) I thought that wasn't included because of lag problems, but I guess you figured it out!

Weird, I thought there'd be added transformations in 1.1, guess I heard wrong.

Along with the other stuff... sweet patch nonetheless.

Best answers
Well maybe u misunderstood rong..
dey said dey will add new transformations in Beta 2
this is just going to be a patch, 2 make things better 4 da game

Best answers
looks good, dunno about these "no melee" servers. ah well i guess there are some people out there that are alpha diehards.

i guess they decided to add 2 types of gohan, that's what it looks like anyway. (i like adult gohan better)

i like the sounds of the scouter improvements!! i love th escouter, it's so useful already. and that ki rain rendukan or whatever it's called, i hope thats like a whole lot of ki shots done really fast cos i would love to see showers of ki shots raining from the skies in ESF!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice patches :D!!!

I was just wondering if you will get a kill for Buu's candy attack or is that being changed in another update?

Best answers
YES!, I cant wait for the KI Storm (Renzoku) AND being able to turn off melee attacks in the cvar which will be sweet if you don't feel like meleeing, you can just join a server with it off and blast!:) I can't wait!

Best answers
point to every one. as far as i can see they r not taking the "death levels Pl" out they are just making it optional that u can take it out. Im sure there will be loads of servers that still include it.

BTW nice work team.

Best answers
I'm not exactly sure if they set a date, but it looks rather finished, just needs the testing time. So be patient, and enjoy the beta 1 for a few weeks longer :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom