new way for frieza's disc

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i personally am not fond of how the disc works for frieza =\ so i'm suggesting to change it this way. with my suggestion it will make it
1. better to control
2. more true to the show

when you charge frieza's disc, you will have to remain stationary, like when you charge vegeta's big bang. after charging it you will then remain stationary, unable to move at all unless you change attacks, which will then cause the disc to just disappear because if you change attacks and the disc is allowed to remain, it can be spammed too much.

so once shot you are stationary. you can however look around with the mouse. now you press the W,A,S,D, keys, to control the direction of the disc. W to make it go forward, A to move left, S to move back, and D to move left. everytime you change the direction of the disc it will take a chunk from your KI, so u cant always switch directions for a long time.

what are the benefits?
1. easier to control
2. more true to the show

what are the cons?
1. you are stationary, so you can't move at all while in this attack. meaning others can counter attack you if you're not paying attention, meaning easy death for you
2. can't be spammed too much with the much ki costs it takes to switch directions.
3. can't be spammed to much because if you switch attacks the disc should just disappear.

i personally would like to have much more control on the direction of the discs, and not make it barely curve

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
More maneuverability, *check*

I think it would be cool if you just threw 1 or 2 discs, and then they were auto homing, and you had to remain stationary, and they would drain your ki until you switched attacks. When you run out of ki the discs go away.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
auto homing? naw, that involves no skill whatsoever. with the meneuvering idea i had u have to be very skilled with it to use it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sure... whos going to just let you sit there and control a disc.

I would just be greatfull you werent moving while i nuke you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ZeroNightmare said:
sure... whos going to just let you sit there and control a disc.

I would just be greatfull you werent moving while i nuke you.
thats why i said you get more control of the disc, but lose your ability to move. you will remain stationary, that's the point of the suggestion. of course if someone sees you controling a disc they basically get a free kill

and your post before said the exact thing as mine, but making it auto homing. that post actually made it less skillful when using discs, it's basically the same thing i said >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i doubt youl be able to control the disc for **** anyways, but maybe if you could turn it before hitting the map boundry *ahem devs...* you could hit a tree or something.

I dont know, frieza needs work. I'd rather have normal krillin discs that return :(

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the idea, wud make frieza's disc much more fun.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i like this idea , they should also do the same to destructo diak or just leave it the ways it is and change frezia's disk to the way you have suggested , this way it makes both disc attacks unique

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd rather switch to a third person view. So can really maneuver the disc through then entire map. This way you can also move up and down wich I kind of missed in your idea Kong. Again, ki drain till attackswitch or running out of ki.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this idea is basicly the same as the secondary attack of the redeemer from ut2k4.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually I got the idea from regular UT. Never played 2004.

Best answers
yea i agree... that would be cool.. to have the disc the way of UT's redeemer... so you trow disc... then your camera goes behind or in the disc.. and you can control it with your mouse:)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that would be cool right there Geert.

If it actually moved and turned quickly, taht would be cool as ****.

Just go into 3rd person view of the disc, maybe a little window of your character in the corner or something so you can tell if a beams coming or anything.

Then have the crosshair and whatnot, control it just like you would a normal character, that would be sweet, as long as it was fast.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ZeroNightmare said:
that would be cool right there Geert.

If it actually moved and turned quickly, taht would be cool as ****.

Just go into 3rd person view of the disc, maybe a little window of your character in the corner or something so you can tell if a beams coming or anything.

Then have the crosshair and whatnot, control it just like you would a normal character, that would be sweet, as long as it was fast.
It should be very fast. So it's difficult to master. Hiding campers might exploit this attack if it were easy to control.

Best answers
Cold Steel said:
It should be very fast. So it's difficult to master. Hiding campers might exploit this attack if it were easy to control.
i totaly agree my only qualm over the cam behind the disk is for example i could get ina sweet hiding spot fire it off and just chase tons upon tons of ppl down, if it were goign at high speed as u prupose it would be more nausiating so less would try some im thinking that if it hits anything besides lets say a tree it should just disipate, but i do like the cam behind the disk idea. Also, another idea is possibly the disck could remain teh same and the controls would be as were first pruposed, imobilized, more control but with an added ability of super prepeling the disk. for example say somone dodge it the first time, and u turn it around to go at them from behind, maybe there could be the ability by hittin ghte right mouse button to bring it back to u but at a suped up speed, and the draw back would be if u dnt hit anythign it slices you in half. So its a high gamble, it would prevent ppl from just commming at you and beating u up because uc an recall it very fast but at teh same time if there to close it will get you too. SO overall it balances the idea out, Oh and for those who ask wont it just kill u after it kills somone else when u recall it, the answer is no the attack to recall it would either drain all ur ki or it would cause the disk to vanish after a second.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i sorta don't want the cam behind the disc, because you can be in a very small hiding spot and fire it off, and just snipe with the disc without being seen and i wouldn't like it at all =\

if you do want to have a cam behind the disc, it should just be a very close zoom in of the disc. so if you're frieza and your facing a wall, if you shoot a disc past the wall, you can't see beyond the wall because it's zoomed and not a cam behind the disc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom