new teleport after image...just one problem....please look!

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok, so say you change the model to say ssj3 goku, when you teleport will you see the new model you changed *ssj3 goku* or will you see the default ssjgoku?
cheerz

Best answers
I'd say you'd see the one you have installed.
I'd also say, don't worry about it until 1.2 *actually* comes out.

Orz

Best answers
If they hardcoded the model chosen by an after-image into the game, I think that would actually prove just as much of a complication for the team as it would for custom model users... I think it far more likely it will use the model that is currently installed.

Best answers
Of course. Doing otherwise would be ridiculous, it would take double the memory...I don't think you understand how models work.

Orz

Best answers
Originally posted by Dr. Zaius
Of course. Doing otherwise would be ridiculous, it would take double the memory...I don't think you understand how models work.
Er, if that's to me... I know how models work. When I say hardcoded, I mean (in pseudo-code):

That this:

:: afterimage

if (player==trunks)

model afterimage("trunks.mdl")

generate afterimage("trunks.mdl")

would have to be repeated for each character. Whereas a flexible one like this:

:: afterimage

getmodel(currentmodel)
model afterimage=currentmodel

generate afterimage(currentmodel)

You see? I have no idea how this is currently designed to work, this is all speculation. Pure speculation, feel free to cut me down, but I do know how models work, believe me.

In the case of the above, the code would locate "goku.mdl" instead of "ssj3goku.mdl" and the afterimage would turn into a regular Goku. However, in the second, it would return the model being used - "ssj3goku.mdl" - and display that as the afterimage. That's what I was trying to say.

(And if that wasn't meant for me, then I'll just quietly delete this whole thing.)

Best answers
I think hey are only using the hl funtion "RenderplayerTransAlpha"
so I think it'll work with custom models ;)

Best answers
Also, you don't replace ssjgoku.mdl with ssj3goku.mdl? Just rename the ssj3goku.mdl to ssjgoku.mdl, and mvoe the old one somewhere safe, then you can always ascend to "SSJ3"...instead of having to switch it around. THen there wouldn't be a problem regardless of how they coded it.

Best answers
The thing i see wrong about it is that its additive rendering. They should make it more transpart or normal render.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, it looks to bright now, and not transparent enough.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Transparency would sort of be a *****... at least it would appear that way... unless you installed that custom .dll you can find swimming around in the modeling section. If the team gets permission to distribute that with the next beta then that would work, but still...

I'd just like to see 15 people teleporting around without extra lag from all of the after images.

Best answers
Why does the team always begin with goku when they generate new things.
This will result 100 screenshots of goku and his new things.
Cmon team, skip goku once and start with vegeta or piccolo :p :cool:

Orz

Best answers
Originally posted by Dr. Zaius
Also, you don't replace ssjgoku.mdl with ssj3goku.mdl? Just rename the ssj3goku.mdl to ssjgoku.mdl, and mvoe the old one somewhere safe, then you can always ascend to "SSJ3"...instead of having to switch it around. THen there wouldn't be a problem regardless of how they coded it.
Actually, you're probably right... I don't use custom models. But the question said "ssj3 goku" model, so I figured they meant a file named ssj3goku.mdl. Though you're correct, either way would work so long as you replaced the file. Always the simplest solution that eludes me...

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah i know all about renaming the files etc etc to make the model show, but what i am trying to say is, IF i have a ssj3 goku installed over my ssj goku, when i telelport, will i see the default ssj goku or the new model i installed?

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You will the the new model that you installed. No more debate is really needed for this... Without considering that a lot of model creation has been going on they wouldn't do it. People have already explained why...

Best answers
ok listen you know about when your goku right. you do the second sb. you see that glowing thig. well there you go it atomaticly glow around the new model say ssj3. so it will be alright. dont worry. i have it then i lost it then i have a new version of it.

Best answers
geez guys, give them a break about how it looks and the lag it *MIGHT* generate. It's not even out yet! They do test these things, and if it creates too much lag, they won't put it in, will they? or at least have an option to turn it off.

Give them some credit, they're not stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom