New system

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heads Up Display:
  • There will be a bar of KI and a bar of PL. The maximum of both will be the Max PL (which is only PL in current system).
  • You will have a POWER UP button and a POWER DOWN button.
    • Instead of gaining energy (KI) by POWERING UP you should get PL. By powering up you lose X KI and gain 2X PL at the same time.
    • POWERING DOWN will be just the opposite: You gain X KI and lose 2X PL.
    The KI will regenerate itself faster since you won't be able to POWER it UP.
  • Your PL bar should drop with your Life bar. Meaning: If your Life bar is at 50% you won't be able to POWER UP more than 50%.
  • You should always spawn with a half-full PL bar and a full KI bar.

• There will also a bar of speed
    • Your Max SPEED is the number which currently represents only your SPEED.
    • Your CURRENT SPEED should be calculated like this:
      (CurrentPL : MaxPL) X (CurrentKI : MaxKI) X MaxSPEED = CurrentSPEED
    I set the SPEED like this so it grows when you POWER UP and obviously drops when you POWER DOWN.
    So you can POWER UP to have an advantage but lose KI which balances it.
So the HUD ahould look something like this:

There won't be a TURBO button!!!
  • Once your PL is higher than your KI the aura will appear to symbolize you are in TURBO MODE.
  • When you are in TURBO MODE your KI will drop at half rate of its regeneration. Meaning when you are in TURBO MODE your KI will regenerate at half rate.
  • When in TURBO MODE your MAX SPEED increases in 25%

When you FLY your KI will also drop at half rate. That means that if you FLY while in TURBO MODE your KI won't regenerate.

Swoop:
  • Unless you are in TURBO MODE you won't have an aura while swooping (Thank you imkongkong)
  • When you are swooping your MAX SPEED increases in 50%

Transformations:
When you start the transformation a bar will appear telling you at which stage of the transformation you are. If you cancel the transformation (or after you've transformed) the bar will start dropping until it gets empty. You can't transform again untill that bar is empty.

KI dependent transformations:
  • When you are SSJ the KI regeneration rate will be slowed down to half. So if you FLY while SSJ your KI won't regenerate.
  • When you are SSJ2 your KI won't regenerate at all. So if you FLY while SSJ2 your KI will drop.
  • While you are SSJ3 your KI will always drop.
(SSJ is only an example)​

Dynamic KI Pool Techniques: (Thanks KrazyKilla)
Attacks that always take a certain amount of KI. It could be better done in this system since your KI grows even without transforming.
Dynamic KI Pool Techniques include:
  • KI Blasts
  • Beam-Jumping
  • Solar Flare

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry for double posting but 5 days have passed. Well, you can post here you know...

Somebody? Anybody? Post something.
Even bad things.

Best answers
I feel I must agree with ciborg brolli. Why is your way better than the way it is now? What's wrong with how it is now?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) The way it is now isn't like the show.
2) With this system you can't do beam spamming.

-P.S.
There are more things.

Best answers
id have to give this one a big no..=P simply because we tried changing the mellee system and look how that turned out 0_0...its just asking for more complaints andi doubt it would accomplish a great significant change in gameplay..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i like youre idea, i think with some proper thinking in it, and covering all scenario´s this could be working. i dont like the infinite ki thing at all.

just isnt right for me, but then again. it is a game, and it doesnt have to follow the show.

still i like this system more then the current one

Best answers
Chang Wufei said:
id have to give this one a big no..=P simply because we tried changing the mellee system and look how that turned out 0_0...its just asking for more complaints andi doubt it would accomplish a great significant change in gameplay..
bad example.....adv melee is far superior then old mindless how'ing melee.

Your suggestion isnt too bad...although ki as it is right now is already hard enough to manage without havin to worry about powering up and powering down.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jeah but recharging your ki is rather .. erm not dbz´ish.

there should be a limit. ki should be limited, the only character that had infinite ki is buu. all of the other players should have their ki drained.

when they are low on ki, they could unlock special feature´s and stuff.

maybe a way to implement those.

Make the kibar drain according to the amount it is beeing used.
you shouldnt be able to recharge your ki. as it is the pool of energy you use to engage your fights and shoot your beams.

when you have reached a certain level, say 25% of your original ki level, you have to ability to fire/start those "desperation moves" "special moves".

having the system like this will make the fights more interesting, as you have to be smart how to use your ki, instead of people constantly recharging it to be able to repeat all of their actions they performed in the last 10 minutes over and over.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I don't know about desperation (nice) but if you watch the fights they do in DBZ you see that they stop fighting sometimes and talk. In that time they regenerate their KI.
Anyways, in this system the attacks should obviously cost less KI. And the KI regeneration should be faster as I stated above.

BTW, since we're already speaking of changes I don't like the detonation of beams.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well there should also be a limit to how far u can powerup, or else ppl would just keep powering up, so lets say like half of ur current PL
so if u have 1 million PL, and u power up, u can only get 1.5 million max (tho if u have like 200 million this would be unfair again) so this could use some balancing ¬.¬

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No!!!
You can only powerup untill you reach your maximum PL

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Reptile said:
jeah but recharging your ki is rather .. erm not dbz´ish.

there should be a limit. ki should be limited, the only character that had infinite ki is buu. all of the other players should have their ki drained.

when they are low on ki, they could unlock special feature´s and stuff.

maybe a way to implement those.

Make the kibar drain according to the amount it is beeing used.
you shouldnt be able to recharge your ki. as it is the pool of energy you use to engage your fights and shoot your beams.

when you have reached a certain level, say 25% of your original ki level, you have to ability to fire/start those "desperation moves" "special moves".

having the system like this will make the fights more interesting, as you have to be smart how to use your ki, instead of people constantly recharging it to be able to repeat all of their actions they performed in the last 10 minutes over and over.
one flaw, the buu thing.
buu must then have atleast one weaknes like that he can't heal his self anymore or it would be unfair for the rest.
carry on :D

"edit"
what about having a condision bar to see how tiered you're, so it's more realistic for the real world.
when you're low on ki or moved a lot, you get tiered.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So there should be an idle animation for when your KI is below half (don't have to).
When you're low on KI you naturaly can't do alot of things so you don't have to get more limitations.
And for Buu, I think There should be a weakness like much slower regeneration or...wait WTF he has infinite KI??? Thats a real problemo... hmmm.....
OK I know.. he will powerup really slowly and very slow regeneration! How about that?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i didnt said buu should have infinite ki ingame, i said he was the only character in the show that actually had infinite ki

Best answers
Ki wouldn't effect your physical state. Ki is basically your power within. It isn't stamina, it isn't your life force, it is its own thing.

And to be honest, I don't like this system. I don't know why either.

And as Hibiki would say, "Too many buttons".

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, actually ki is your life force, when somebody is out of ki then he will die,
ki isnt stamina, but it does depends on it
using big chunks of ki does affect your stamina,
using all of your ki at once will cost your live, "final shine" you could see the hollow vegeta after releasing all of his ki

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, in the battle against the ginyu force gohan's PL went to 0 and he almost died. That's why I said that your PL should drop with your life.
Hey reptile you mean Final Flash?

Best answers
Hmm... With this comes the advantage of and disadvantage of underestimation....

With the radar, you could detect someone's powerlevel, and if it was low you could underestimate the enemy, making the game more interesting. That's a big part of DBZ, isn't it? Underestimation of power, potential and capabilities. That way the game could be more fun for those people who are extremely powerful, because they could toy with the enemy ^^

I like that system you're suggesting, but one thing I don't like is the idea of constantly losing Ki by going SSJ3. I wanna go SSJ3 because I've waited for a long time for Goku SSJ3 to be added to the game, and I'm loving it when the brill ESF team say he'll be added. Ki is life force, so it's not like Goku'd be dying by going SSJ3.

I say, do this...

Ki = Life force.
PL = Power level (Powerlevel decides speed, through calculations, but would these constant calculations slow down the game?) - One way this could be prevented would be to set checkpoints at major powerlevel changes, e.g. every million PL increase, your speed is increased. But not increased by loads, because otherwise you could end up with a Normal Goku faster than a Vegeta SSJ2, and that would just be silly ^^

When the 'e' button or whatever is pressed to gain energy, your powerlevel should only increase up to a maximum of your max PL. Your max PL is calculated through how many people you have opened a can of whoop-ass upon.

Once you reach a particular level of power, you should be able to transform. This should increase your speed and power. I like the bar thing Orbit was describing about, it would stop people from transformation-defence.

As you move on through the transformations, you should gain new techniques - like Goku's 'Instant Transmission,' which COULD be used as a move, I don't care what no one says ^^ - so there is a point in transforming other than becoming faster and increasing your Ki.

I think that the final transformation - for example, in 1.3 it'll be Goku's SSJ3 - The powerlevel should increase VERY slowly when opening a can of whoop-ass upon people to prevent someone from becoming so powerful that they are unstoppable, in which they could beam spam all they want, and end up crashing a server ^^

And that's pretty much it...

What do you guys think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom