Should a new section be added?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm currently asking for a Tech Section for the ESF Forums, and was wondering what the public's thoughts about it would be.

The section would be about technology, as in computers/video cards/etc.

I'd like you to post a reason to why you voted on something to make this thread seem more serious and mature =).

-Smith

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know if a tech-section would be appropriate for a message board of a Half-Life mod, just seems like another Off-Topic specifically for Technology, but that's just my opinion.

Also seems like an open debate for people to flame each other about who's video card/processor/computer is better.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A Technogies section is something I think all the forum 'techs' would enjoy and want.

People could go and chat about upcoming video cards, cpus, other devices relavent to a computer.

It could also be used as a place to talk about overclock settings or post 3dmarks or other benchmark scores.

Maybe some people could even post about good deals on computer parts.

Computers are technology of tommorrow, so we should chat about them today =).

OptimusPrime: I visit a computer forum daily where people compare rigs and scores and see little if no flaming. Also, the moderating team on there is hardly as strict as on esf forums.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hate to tell you this but that is what off-topic it is. There wont be any new sections for some time to come. Also if people want to chat about upcoming stuff they can go to the chat room.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is no where near enough tech talk for a new section.

Off-Topic is fine for it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i rarely see tech threads in the off-topic section anyway so i dont think it'd be a very good idea

Best answers
heh. Im a 'techy' guy, and even I dont see the need for a new section about it. I mean, anyone that wants to talk about it can do so in the current off topic section, theres no need for another section

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
These people you are talking about probably are 4 to 5 years older on average than the average ESF fan . . .

Majin_You told you no, after consulting with me, I agreed.

This thread is closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom