New PC

Best answers
1 x Case NZXT Apollo Gaming Case - Black
1 x Processor [= Quad Core =] AMD Athlon™ II X4 645 Quad-Core CPU
1 x Processor Cooling Liquid CPU Cooling System [AMD] - [Free Upgrade] Standard 120mm Fan
1 x Memory 4 GB [2 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair XMS3 Dominator w/DHX technology
1 x Video Card ATI Radeon HD 5770 - 1GB - Single Card
1 x Video Card Brand Major Brand Powered by ATI or NVIDIA
1 x Motherboard [CrossFire] ASUS Crosshair IV Formula -- AMD 890FX w/ 3x PCI-E 2.0 x16
1 x Power Supply 750 Watt -- Thermaltake TR2 TRX-750M
1 x Primary Hard Drive 500 GB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 3.0Gb/s - Single Drive
1 x Optical Drive 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black
1 x Sound Card Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series
1 x Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel) - 64-Bit
1 x Keyboard Thermaltake eSPORTS CHALLENGER PRO Gaming Keyboard - Black
1 x Mouse Thermaltake eSPORTS BLACK Professional Gaming Mouse

Total : $1,007.00

Think this was a good deal? :p I plan to upgrade the CPU later and maybe add more RAM. Had this PC since the end of february and it has done wonders for me so far...been able to max any game with relative ease :)
You're hijacking the OP's thread now? :p

I doubt you can max every game out there - no offensive, but that is some small talk/bragging that doesn't really mean a lot. Sure - you can max some games - but not every game (Crysis would struggle in V-High).

Brands really don't matter these days in terms of AMD/Nvidia's partners - the only differing things between them are warranties, prices and inhouse-AIB designed cards that don't follow the reference design. If you were just getting the reference design card then every brand is identical (IE: An MSI GTX 560 is the same as a EVGA GTX 560 if they are both ref design, but the MSI GTX 560 HAWK is a AIB design - Price/warranty is the only consideration to give between the vanilla cards)

As far as your upgrade path goes, you'll be limited to selecting Phenom 2 CPUs, which aren't bad, but AMD IIRC have a new socket planned for their next line of processors - Bulldozer.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I am taking over! MUAHAHAH

Honestly, I can max crysis and get about 45fps, little higher FPS with crysis 2 on hardcore, about 50FPS. Only thing my PC can't handle is metro 2033 at max (since they automatically made it to where PhysX is involved) and Mafia II with PhysX enabled and ATI cards can't render something they don't know how to :\ Also, I'm aiming for a six-core AMD PhenomII x6 1100T CPU, and another 5770, this was basically a budget PC for me :p I would've gone intel/Nvidea if they weren't so expensive haha

Best answers
I am taking over! MUAHAHAH

Honestly, I can max crysis and get about 45fps, little higher FPS with crysis 2 on hardcore, about 50FPS. Only thing my PC can't handle is metro 2033 at max (since they automatically made it to where PhysX is involved) and Mafia II with PhysX enabled and ATI cards can't render something they don't know how to :\ Also, I'm aiming for a six-core AMD PhenomII x6 1100T CPU, and another 5770, this was basically a budget PC for me :p I would've gone intel/Nvidea if they weren't so expensive haha
The definition of maxing Crysis is Very High, not high. I know this for a fact because looking at benchmarks shows that a 5770 gets 40fps @ high settings without AA applied @ 1920/1200 and below, not very high settings.

Also using third-party texture packs or script mods from incrysis doesn't count.

I also might that until recently, with the combination of AMD drivers and game patches, AMD suffered a flickering glitch in Crysis2 when running a 4870x2/5970/6990 or any 2-way crossfire configuration of separate cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom