New Map

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well here's my map that I just finished.

http://majindream.ma.funpic.org/Pictures/ for Pictures.

Now, I have a question, as you see in the Pictures (I think?) the Models are in a weird stance. How do I fix this? And another problem is that, I'm walking on the sky, how do I fix it?

I'm not sure if this is ripping but I think I used Kreshis Goku model, and SV's Vegeta model I think. I don't know if it's ripping or not, but whatever.
Credits to the ESF Team for making the tree models and Frieza and stuff.
Credits to Kreshi, and Super Vegetto.

I'm not sure if you will see there models, but I do since I use them.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
you need to use the hullfile so the players and models do not float in the air instead of on the ground :p

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm using HLCC as my Compiler. Here's my Hulls.txt or the Hulls that I used within HLCC.

Code:
hlcsg.exe -estimate -high -hullfile hulls.txt "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\censored\half-life\esf\maps\ESF_Park.bsp"
hlbsp.exe -estimate -high "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\censored\half-life\esf\ESF_Park,bsp"
hlvis.exe -fast -estimate -high "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\censored\half-life\esf\ESF_Park,bsp"
hlrad.exe -extra -lights "C: \SIERRA\lights.rad" -estimate -high "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\censored\half-life\esf\ESF_Park,bsp"
COPY "C: \SIERRA\mapname.bsp" "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\censored\half-life\esf\maps"
COPY "C: \SIERRA\mapname.pts" "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\censored\half-life\esf\maps"

Best answers
Looks pretty basic, which is good or bad depending on who you ask. Also looks like RAD didn't run since you have no shadows... that or else you simply have max light on.

I've never had any problems like that with models. Maybe it's the model's animation? I can't help you there. As for your "walking on the sky" problem, that can be a couple things. First of all you need to use the hull file when you compile. If you don't have the hull file, read:

DJ-Ready said:
To all of u who dont have the hullfile and cant find a link or dont know where to get it.... read

-open notepad or a similar texeditor....
-copy that text and paste it into the file:

8 8 18
24 24 24
8 8 12

save the file as hulls.txt

now u have got the hullfile ....
i hope peoples will stop asking me for the hullfile now... i got like 30 pms about that... grrr
If you used the hull file and you can still walk on the sky, make sure there isn't a useless brush painted with the 'sky' texture hanging out in the middle of your map.

Do you have any r_speeds on this thing? Open console and type 'developer 1' then type 'r_speeds 1' (without the ' marks). 1500 w_poly is around the "limit". (any map over 800 polys won't run in software mode, but practically no one uses it so it's nothing to fret about.)

-=Edit=-

That's not a hull file; that's a command line. The hull file is simply three lines of numbers, like the quote says.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nope, still walking on sky.
Here's two screenshots:

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
instead of "-hullfile hulls.txt" use "-hullfile c:\path_to_the_file\hulls.txt"

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Same problem lol.

Code:
hlcsg.exe -estimate -high "-hullfile C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\CENSORED\half-life\esf\maps\hulls.txt"  "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\censored\half-life\esf\maps\ESF_Park.bsp"
hlbsp.exe -estimate -high "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\censored\half-life\esf\ESF_Park,bsp"
hlvis.exe -fast -estimate -high "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\censored\half-life\esf\ESF_Park,bsp"
hlrad.exe -extra -lights "C: \SIERRA\lights.rad" -estimate -high "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\censored\half-life\esf\ESF_Park,bsp"
COPY "C: \SIERRA\mapname.bsp" "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\censored\half-life\esf\maps"
COPY "C: \SIERRA\mapname.pts" "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\censored\half-life\esf\maps"

Best answers
Is that your hull.txt?

Is that what you see when you open up your hulls.txt file? When you open the file you should see this:

8 8 18
24 24 24
8 8 12

If that's not what you see, replace it.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh wait, haha, I think you helped me know why, I'll edit my post if I have an error again or if it's fixed, thanks.

*Edit*

I Edited my Hulls.txt and tested the map out again.. still bugged.

Best answers
Really...? You did recompile the map right? Hmmmm, I don't use HLCC so I really can't help you any further. Sorry.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Should I send you the map myself?

Best answers
If you want, but I'd at least try Nem's compiler first if you didn't already. I mean, I can do it, but it'd be better for you to compile it yourself if you plan to make more maps.

Upload the .map file on your web space and send me the adress in a PM as a last resort.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you using Zoner's compile tools? If I remember right, Zoner's automatically makes your SKY brushes solid. If nothing else, you can apply CLIP brushes all around your sky so the player can't pass through.

The map looks really basic, and your FPS is so low because you either have a leak, or RAD didn't run for some other reason (a leak is the most common cause of this).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dream Killer, thats a very interesting map, Though it doens't have much on it Im sure its great since thats the thing, there's really nothing to get in your way when you are fighting. Did you use the max size for the map?

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
now to what post were you responding with the no eh? >_>

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers