New Game Mode

nge

Best answers
Jinx. I'm, as you put it, rejecting your ideas because I disagree with them. It has nothing to do with the person offering them, and to be honest you're the only person making ideas these days. It's hard to turn down/agree with someone elses idea when basically no one has said anything I felt adding my input would effect.

Like I said, along with Zeo and FP; it's not a new game mode, it's a new game. As someone made a SSBM reference earlier, I say to them- Things about the game were changed, but the game itself was not changed. Maybe if there was a mode in SSBM where people drove around in bumper cars, your comparison would stand true, but as it is everyone's attacks and controls remain the same with a different means to victory.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Creation of such a thing would divide the community more. Secondly, it will take time to create, which could be (in my opinion) better spent towards making a quality finished product paying 100% attention to detail as opposed to completely different things that would require its own balancing.

Please don't take my critique personally; I'm responding to the idea, not just the person who suggested it.

Best answers
ok ok i KINDA see where your coming from.. BUT have you ever played Natural SelectioN? it has 2 game modes Ns mode and Co(combat) mode

Ns is the mode which allows anyone commander and lead their team to victory or defeat

Combat mode is has no commander Same same things but the command availibitly is restricted .. so the game is more like a death match..

also the sprinting idea.. and all that.... Im saying they should add those into esf and im basing this mode off of that so if they add my spring+ wall running idea they should definately add this as a fun mode.. I still dont see what's wrong in having a fun mode that doesn't have to do with INTENSE fighting but instead has intense mayhem. Besides there are 2 kinds of gamers If you dont have a Diverse Type of gaming on esf you'll only pull in Certain gamers.... Dont forget that there are those gamers out there who just play 4 fun and dont want to have to learn and do all this/that to figure out esf. Those kind of gamers will want to play this mode and after they've figured out the controls on it theyde EXPLORE the other modes available! an when they reach ffa or team mode they'de see how you could fly and you have more moves available and they would play that for a while until they got tired of being beaten up then they'de go back to Smash the cricket and the cycle continues..

:::EDIT:::

also... if you believe this idea is good enough to divide the community dont you think it's good enough to pull in More people into the community? Besides like i said before what if someone is tired of being beat up in a ffa or team mode and they wanna relax.. this is how they could do so and They would also GET COMFORTABLE With the controls while having fun then they could get into the serious part of the game... Also If this mode is able to divide the community Doesn't that mean that the FFA mode and Team mode are lacking something? Something that should give a new player a rush instead of being pumbled as soon as he joins in.. I dunno maybe that thing* missing is an interactive training session in a private server like on half life's training mode... i believe this game seriously needs one..
I still think there should be a game mode rotation and that this mode should be added

Force Pit Member
Best answers
we pretty much covered the idea about having more game modes, and this topic sounds like an interesting one, just wondering how the team feels about it, and the other modes in the other suggestion threads ;p

nge

Best answers
Have I ever played NS? lol I'm pretty sure I've told you my history before.

CO and NS are still the same game with vastly different objectives; the attacks and such are still the same, as are the controls. Secondly, even such a minor change HAS divided the community, and quite a lot.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I like the idea of a ground based system alot. With something like this you could incorporate back handsprings and aerials and other fast flipping dodging motions that would give players the same or maybe even more a sense of style opposed to swooping around each other holding right click and teleporting.

However the thing with the mallet and the cricket im not sure... It would be fun i guess but idk i just feel like esf should stay focused on the aspect of fighting, Thats just my opinion but i think in a different game, like another mod (like someone else said earlier), this idea could be the basis for a whole new game and probably go far. of course then it would have to have more depth than just that one sceen of dbz.

Anyway kindof changed to like fighting on the gound, like regular dragonball, would be i cool idea i think. I really hope theyre doing something like this for the new adv. melee

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mccdbz5 said:
To me, it seems like Fire Phoenix and Zeonix (not nge included) are just rejecting your ideas for the fun of it. Even if they like the idea, and so does everyone else, they'll still go against it. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure seems like that.
Mcc, I'm going to have to ask you to stop posting idiotic comments about my opinion. If I like an idea, then I'll say so. If I don't, I'll say so. I've told you this once, and I'll say it again. Just because a lot of people agree on something doesn't make them right. I'm sorry for disagreeing with the majority of people who posted here who don't even play this game.

I'm not posting ideas to help your suggestion work, Jinx, because I don't want this in esf. Simple as that. Again, It's my opinion on the matter.

@ Mcc again: I've had many friends and I know of many other people who quit esf because of bad ideas that were implemented. Its not that esf was boring, because 1.2 had pretty much just come out. I know of other people who quit the game because it's just too hard for them and they are either unwilling or unable to put in the time to become a better player.

@Jinx: Advanced melee and and easier system was designed to bring more people into the community. Not only did this not work, but it also made people who had been around from the very beginning leave. Wanting to please new people is very dangerous as it might (and has) backfire.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mccdbz5 said:
To me, it seems like Fire Phoenix and Zeonix (not nge included) are just rejecting your ideas for the fun of it. Even if they like the idea, and so does everyone else, they'll still go against it. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure seems like that.
True story: this isn't the BTL forums nor are they the kai forums. If you haven't noticed, we act serious and mature on the ESF forum and not do **** like that. Congrats on failing at trying to get us in trouble.

You're just being narrow minded and not seeing where we come from. The idea is terrible, it has many flaws, and even if it didn't chances are it wouldn't get in anyway, most don't.

As for you Jinx. If you aren't man enough to take crits on your "ideas" then you shouldn't post them. They are my opinion. I'm going to express my opinion accordingly. There is a happy little "ignore" button if you don't like what I have to say. Not everyone is going to agree with what you have to say, and say "oh yeah that's a great idea!" so far, most of your ideas IMO suck. You have a few good things. Like I stated previously, but that's about the extent of it.

It's not my fault I take the suggestions thread as seriously as possible and try to find out if it's balanced or not. And so far it's not balananced.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
what parts do you find unbalanced ( not the gameplay in general ), but things we may have missed out.

Basically, if this gamemode was most definitly going in, what things have we mentioned throughout the thread would you tweak or modify?

edit : Yup Hiei Jaganshi, i like the whole idea too about having ground based fighting, rather then esf be 99% swooping in the air + holding right click. Thats one of the main reasons why I dont find much accomplishment trying to master the game. We bought up the topic in this thread here =).

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=61422

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't tweak anything. I'd remove the entire thing since I already have the authority to tweak and modify.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
yea and if it was up to me, the idea of removing alot of cs maps in counter-strike could come to mind because i never play on them, but that would only hurt the game and player base in the long run.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then again, those maps are already a part of CS. See? You can help prevent another disaster from occurring by not supporting this idea.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
It wasn't a disaster having all of those extra maps in the game that most pros dont play on, it actually brought in many pub players and kept them coming back for more. Its the way you look at it. Back when i first started, i played them nonstop but eventually I moved on to the more competitive maps. Sure i dont play on them in general, but many other players find them fun and play on them all day, and will probably never stop. There are even maps that use no guns at all, jump maps. They have nothing to do with cs really, its just all jumping. But those maps also appeal to players.

Restricting esf to one or two game modes can only hurt the mod. No it wont make a difference to you personally, because all you have to do is never play on it and play what you enjoy. Variety is pretty important for a game though so it can appeal to many different types of players.

Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
If you aren't man enough to take crits on your "ideas" then you shouldn't post them. .
I dont mind the crits at all.. but why just reject an idea constantly instead of maybe adding a Suggestion that would help making the idea work?

Best answers
$sj Goku said:
I dont mind the crits at all.. but why just reject an idea constantly instead of maybe adding a Suggestion that would help making the idea work?
Because he thinks the ideas won't work. There is a difference between not liking the way an idea is presented but choosing to help develop the idea and completely disagreeing with the idea and not believing it necessary to add changes. Also, some of your ideas are completely unreasonable.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tonythetiger123 said:
It wasn't a disaster having all of those extra maps in the game that most pros dont play on, it actually brought in many pub players and kept them coming back for more. Its the way you look at it. Back when i first started, i played them nonstop but eventually I moved on to the more competitive maps. Sure i dont play on them in general, but many other players find them fun and play on them all day, and will probably never stop. There are even maps that use no guns at all, jump maps. They have nothing to do with cs really, its just all jumping. But those maps also appeal to players.

Restricting esf to one or two game modes can only hurt the mod. No it wont make a difference to you personally, because all you have to do is never play on it and play what you enjoy. Variety is pretty important for a game though so it can appeal to many different types of players.
Do you really want the kinds of people who play cs playing esf? I mean, listening to 12 year olds complain on their mics is less than appealing. Sometimes its ok to target a slightly older age group.

You can do anything you can possibly think of in one of the modes we currently have unless you want to drastically change the gameplay. Want to jump? Go for it. Melee only? Go for it. Beam only? Go for it. Advanced melee only? Go for it. Its all available to us now.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
but the objective is all the same: kill the opponent, thats it. After a while, it does get a bit tedious. I myself, maybe others will agree, like having an objective to do and gives more purpose to the game. So if a player wants to go all out and only kill, then he can. But others will want to accomplish the objective. Up to them.

Yea some game modes might alter gameplay quite a bit (all its really doing is disabling certain moves for balance), like this one, but it offers a different form of entertaintment. I thought this game mode was pretty creative because its a good take from the show, and with some thought, it can become a reality with some minor adjustments to gameplay. I dont know why your so against changing the gameplay for a separate game mode apart from FFA. It has nothing to do with that mode, so you wont have to worry about it.

lol, yea, alot of people do spam the mic in cs, because there are SO many players that play that game that you come across. It would be exactly the same if that many players played esf, guaranteed. Just turn off voice in the options, and its never a problem.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You, sir, are playing the wrong game. ESF isnt about infiltrating a base, deactivating a bomb, and shooting ki blasts at someone's head. Its fast paced action that requires skill and fast reflexes.

And no, I don't want the same kind of people playing cs playing esf. If that means we'll never have 20 zillion servers, fine. Having a small community has its benefits anyway. Everyone knows each other unless you played the game for a week and quit because the game is too hard and everyone is hacking.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
ok i see where ya comin from, but a small community for esf isn't all its cracked up to be. Less players means less competition, and if the game were to be perfectly balanced one day, it would be hard to bring it into mainsteam tournaments and online leagues (if you wanted to) without a huge following.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The 1.1 community was fairly large and there was plenty of competition. Then someone decided to completely change the gameplay and people began to fade away. Im going to stop posting here because you're not going to convince me that this idea is good, and I'm not going to convince you the idea is bad.

Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
True story: this isn't the BTL forums nor are they the kai forums. If you haven't noticed, we act serious and mature on the ESF forum and not do **** like that. Congrats on failing at trying to get us in trouble.
How was I trying to get you in trouble...? See, stuff like is just stupid to say. You sound like my 7-year old cousin who says "Stop doing stuff like that to get me in trouble, it's not fair"...I wasn't trying to get anyone in trouble, it just seems like you guys don't like any ideas that are suggested, nor any that are being implented into the game. Let me ask you this, do you want 1.3 to be exactly the same as 1.2?

Fire Phoenix said:
You're just being narrow minded and not seeing where we come from. The idea is terrible, it has many flaws, and even if it didn't chances are it wouldn't get in anyway, most don't.
What's terrible about it, what flaws does it have, and how would you know if most ideas aren't going in (even though I think that's true that most aren't...)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom