New Game Mode: Eliminations

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Ok This Game works in ROUNDS just like cs : )

Custom abilities:
Your able to set: what attacks can be used, and how many deaths are aloud per round.

GameMode
When players Join a the server they can do whatever they want for 5 minuets. This is so people can join the server..

AFter the 5 minutes everyone is forced into respawn.... and their is a timer before anyone can move...(5 seconds)..

After the timer is up everyone fights.... After someone dies the maximum number of times per round they are forced into spectator mode where they watch everyone else fight.

Also their is a round time to keep players from prolonging the inevitable.

After the round is over... the top 5( if their are more then 7 players) recieve points 1rst place- 5 points, 2nd - 4 points, 3rd -3points, 4rth - 2 points , 5th - 1 point...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One of the things I hate most about CS is the round times. Something about a game making me wait five minutes and watch other people have fun just doesn't do it for me. So, yeah, I don't really like this idea.

Beyond my personal negative feelings on it, how is this even as interesting as the existing game modes?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like SA_Gohan said, I hate cs because I hate waiting to play. It's not fun and its not needed.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Go away Jinx -_-.

I like DoD and hate CS because I like fast paced action. Not 15 seconds of orgasmic fighting followed by 5 minutes of waiting.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Hrmmm Very true... It's the same thing with cs.. nobody wants to wait... But yet...Forcing them to wait.. did keep players hooked and it kept the game from tiring... (just a suggestion over look it if you want )

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It also kept me from playing the game. Forcing players to wait is a no, it's not needed. I can safely say that the reason CS is so popular is not because it has the player waiting everytime he dies...

Best answers
MysteryGool said:
Hrmmm Very true... It's the same thing with cs.. nobody wants to wait... But yet...Forcing them to wait.. did keep players hooked and it kept the game from tiring... (just a suggestion over look it if you want )
Actually, forcing people to wait can engender hostility. Generally, people get pissed off when people take too long and end up taking it out on the people that made them wait.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I like an elimination type mode, but not so much the one u suggested. If i made one, everyone would have one life (extended hp?), and after you die once you go into specator, and it goes on until the last player is alive wins. Then everyone spawns back in and can start again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tonythetiger123 said:
I like an elimination type mode, but not so much the one u suggested. If i made one, everyone would have one life (extended hp?), and after you die once you go into specator, and it goes on until the last player is alive wins. Then everyone spawns back in and can start again.
Isn't that exactly how CS works? -_-;

Force Pit Member
Best answers
yea, pretty much.

The way mysterygool suggested it in the topic is basically the same as STOCK matches in Super Smash Brothers Melee on the gamecube. Everyone has a certain amount of lives, and after you die you are eliminated. It works really well in tournaments for one on one matches.

They usually play with 4 or 5 stock (lives). But when this is used outside of 1 on 1's ( 4 player free for all's), there is a bit of time the player has wait, and it can get boring.

ESF can have two new game modes. One is stock mode, like the one I mentioned. The server admin can set how many stock everyone will have at the beginning (3,4,5). And the other game mode would be called elimination.

In elimination, everyone has one live and extended hp (2x or 3x). Everyone will battle it out until everyone gets eliminated with one player remaining. This mode can be set up with good vs evil as well, so in the end it can come down to 2 vs 1's or 3 vs 1's. Some of the excitement that comes from cs is being the last player alive, killing off the remaining enemies and winning it for your team.

Beams will do less damage in this mode so players will not die so easy. I think that beam spamming will be less of an issue because they wont be as much of a threat to worry about.

One thing they could do is.. increase beam damage when you have beam vs beam struggles, to give the feel that you are fighting for your life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom