New Fan Made Live-Action DBZ Web Series!

Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
Anyone seen this? (Wasn't sure where to post this, please move appropriately)

[video=youtube;iCblFrD_cjM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCblFrD_cjM[/video]

Robot Underdog is creating a Fan Made, Non-Profit, Pilot Episode for a Live-Action Dragon Ball Z Web Series! The storyline will be an adaptation of "The History of Trunks". We plan on bringing the Dragon Ball world to life in a way that's never been attempted before while still staying true to the characters & the story. All of our Dragon Ball Z content is purely conceptual material made for fans, by fans and it is not for commercial use of any sort. It is our goal to be able to use the pilot episode & all of our materials as a pitch to get the rights for the rest of the web series or potentially larger projects. So please help us out by sharing, commenting & liking! The more support we have, the more likely we are to be picked up. We want to keep making DBZ content & with your guys' help it's possible!

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
android 18 and 17 ?

Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
Yes, it's a live adaptation of DBZ: The History of Trunks. The dude in the orange outfit, which I had trouble recognizing at first, is meant to be Gohan, while the kid is obviously Trunks.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
A bunch of fans are able to make a much more competent looking DBZ live action adaptation.

Goes to show that materials like this one should stay the hell out of Hollywood...

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
No hard feelings but this video (and the one's before it) just proves that DBZ should never be made into live action movie. It doesnt make sense why people even try or bother doing so....

Discord Member
Best answers
@ Dead Hunter, eh? I kind of agree ~ if anything that other fan made short from a few years is proof enough that it can't work. I don't want to get my hopes up, but this looks "good" it has promise. The BEST possible start of a live action DBZ short would be The History Of Trunks ~ Mostly because it's the most human movie/ova out of all of them, and as long as they've got good actors then it's hard for them to **** this up. I think the main problem that comes about from live action remakes of DBZ is the fact that the group creating it put too much of a reliance on special effects. I'm specifically talking about flying, but it also applies to even the hand to hand combat ~ they feel the need to put some stupid shockwave effect to show that the hit is hard.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
No hard feelings but this video (and the one's before it) just proves that DBZ should never be made into live action movie. It doesnt make sense why people even try or bother doing so....
It... doesn't make sense? Perhaps reevaluate you're statement. Tell me what sense is, and why it doesn't fall into that pile.

Sure the movie was bad. Horrible even(Piccolo rocked somewhat) but if you actually watch the show you knew a movie was coming no matter what.

Super elite
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
This video is partially the most BIGGEST fail. Donnie McMillin should go back to his "Food paradise" shit. He doesn't know shit from DBZ and he doesn't know what DBZ is like especially james wong. Those 2 losers can eat mud on the floor because their movies SUCKS.

If there is a guy who reads anime manga, and watches anime cartoons and made a great movie out of them, then I would definitely watch their movie and give them a good rate. This? i'll give this a 0/10 and I am sorry Filipe. Your positive opinion may be effective to this trailer but it is not. This movie should make friends with the trash along with DB: Evolution where they FAIL to make the best movie out of the Manga and the cartoon.

Last edited:
2D god
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
This really looks like a project a few guys would film, slam it in after effects, work a couple of days on some effects and call it done. Looks cheap if you ask me.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
It... doesn't make sense? Perhaps reevaluate you're statement. Tell me what sense is, and why it doesn't fall into that pile.

Sure the movie was bad. Horrible even(Piccolo rocked somewhat) but if you actually watch the show you knew a movie was coming no matter what.
Well simply because of the DBZ structure. First DB movie failed on its take but at least they did target saga that can be pulled off with real actors. In DB everything is more "realistic" or "approachable" for humans to act but DBZ sets it on whole new level where even drawing hardly put up a pace. (Limitations after freeza saga - speed example)

Only way i can see DBZ being pulled off (other then drawing) quite good is by going fully 3D (like example Blizzard videos). Live action will never succeed because simply it would be just a bunch of effects thrown in with real actors having maximum of 10 minutes of fame. Everything would be bloated with effects and you would end up with pseudo live action movie where there would be some unnecessary scenes (showing actors throwing looks or whatever) just to remind you it's actually a movie you're watching and not cartoon or whatever

Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
The pilot is out! Watch below:

[video=youtube;opji5DgE_nQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opji5DgE_nQ&feature=share[/video]

I think they did a pretty good job! Leaves me wanting more, which is always a good thing for a series, be it TV or not! Please watch, rate and share so they make more <3 !

Last edited:
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
x100 better than dragonball evolution...<3 <3

Super elite
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Someone please tell those guys that they misunderstood the movie before they waste their money on it and complain about it later? It seems they do not understsnd the trailer, and the full part of the movie and people always misunderstands it a lot. And again, i am not a manga nerd nor a dc/marvel comic guy. But i do watch a lot of shows of them on tv and on the internet. And if someone wants to make a dbz real life fiction movie out of it then they better darn well read the manga and watch cartoom all over again. Thanks.

Last edited:
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Man these guys had some problems with production. Can honestly relate to that.

Considering what they managed to achieve, I have to say I'm impressed. When Gohan went SSJ, i have to say that was one that was one hell of an intense moment that did remind me of the show. Also best recreation of a live action SSJ transformation. The fact that it was pulled off so well alone made this movie for me.

It is a little sad they aimed to recreate the shows speed a little too much; some of the quick editing made it a little tough to follow what the characters were doing. Maybe if they went a little more the routes of dragon ball online's cinematic, it would have been a little easier and would have looked a lot smoother. Also I will forever hate the prospect of having child actors, but then again, this is fan made and I can see some of the love that was put into this and I can really dig that.

Can't wait for the next episode.

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I like it, better than dragonball evolution, the put some effort in it, but its not accomplishable just like the anime so stop complaining, like i said before, everyone has its way to interpret dbz :p

Discord Member
Best answers
Nope, this is equally bad as Evolution. The only thing this film has going for it is that it didn't butcher the source material in some attempt to appeal to wider audiences. This is cringey as all hell, and I wish they never even bothered.

JTM

Formerly Fatality
Best answers
Geez C_E, you really are just a ray of sunshine aren't you?

Anyway, I loved it. Their dedication to this recreation of my favorite DBZ special is something to behold. From a production standpoint, it could use some work but it is a lot better than most. I'm looking at you, DB: E and your dust kamehameha. Some of the issue seems to stem from (assumably) a lack of time, because the quality is noticeably inconsistent. For free content and the sake of being an independent series on Youtube, it is absolutely forgivable. Mustn't forget there might be a steady incline of progression in terms of production ability. Needless to say, I look forward to this studio's work.

Discord Member
Best answers
*sigh* it's better than any of what you critics could pull off. It's honestly not bad considering the budget and that it's just a fan made movie .... most fan made movies suck balls and are terrible quality .... but the graphics and the acting are actually decent in this. The special effects dont look completely fake and the acting was not too bad. Also; 18 is hot as **** 0o

woo wooo

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
most fan made movies suck balls and are terrible quality
You must have been having some bad luck with watching fan-made movies, because the ones that suck balls and that are terrible quality are pretty hard to come by. (depending on how ludicrous/unreasonable or low/meh your expectations are)

Case and point: A lot of fan-made Star Wars shorts. The recently appeared Power Rangers spin-off.

So I dread to know what kinds of fan made junk you have subjected yourself to :p

Discord Member
Best answers
You must have been having some bad luck with watching fan-made movies, because the ones that suck balls and that are terrible quality are pretty hard to come by. (depending on how ludicrous/unreasonable or low/meh your expectations are)

Case and point: A lot of fan-made Star Wars shorts. The recently appeared Power Rangers spin-off.

So I dread to know what kinds of fan made junk you have subjected yourself to :p
LOL you are freakin jokin me right? you see that cast of the power rangers spin-off .... that shit isn't considered fan made. Hollywood supported production.

as for DBZ fan based stuff ... this one was not bad. most of them are terrible as if they are purposefully trying to make it bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom