New "Cloverfield" Trailer

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I went to see Beowulf today (awesome) and a brand new, less vague, trailer of that "secret movie" that aired in previews of Transformers came up. Has anyone else seen it? It show a lot more chaos, clearer roars of the beast, and I believe its shadow.

And it says "Cloverfield" in big letters at the end.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Made by the "Lost" crew, I'm not surprised that they managed to make the trailer for this film so mysterious. And being an avid Lost fan, naturally this trailer's intense secrecy has done nothing but interest me in what the film is really about; or more specifically, just what it is the people are running from.

I'm amazed people don't do this sort of thing more often. What can possibly capture a moviegoer's interest better than something they're not being allowed to see? What were the best sort of movie monsters, the most frightening and the most legendary? The one you can't see. Because once you see it, it becomes mortal, physical; you can kill it. Keeping us in the dark makes the creature enigmatic.

I wonder if this is a purely original movie or a movie based on a legendary monster? I keep hearing people talk of "Kathulu", though I think that theory was shot down...

If the producers are smart (and they are) they'll never reveal the monster itself in any trailer. If this movie were to come out next week, I'd see it just based off these two trailers. If they reveal too much, they might eliminate general curiosity, and lose potential viewers.

I find it exciting, even if I don't know **** about what it's really about XD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I want to go see Beowulf. I think it's playing in IMAX 3D at West Ed...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Barney0528 said:
Was beowulf good btw?
Beowulf is excellent. Some of the greatest cgi I've ever had the pleasure of seeing, a solid story behind the film's gritty glamour, and an inspired new take on the ancient epic poem the film is named for.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmm maybe I'll go see it then...I just though it would be kind of ripping off 300 in the whole epic mythical movie type thing.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Barney0528 said:
Hmmm maybe I'll go see it then...I just though it would be kind of ripping off 300 in the whole epic mythical movie type thing.
It's not the least bit like 300. The only likeness is that they're both action movies set in an ancient time. That's about where the similarities end. Trust me, I've seen people on youtube try and pit the two against each other as the same thing, and only have half-hearted videos comparing "THIS! IS! SPAR_TAAAA!" to "I! AM! BEOWULF!" to show for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom