NERF THE THROW!!!

Best answers
Explain to me the point of having the new melee system?

how bout we just revive 1.1 and keep the throw, cuz i mean, thats all anyone does...

4-8 prepunches, throw, generic ball to death :S

I see no melee there :S

Funnily enough tho, the people that do it, cant use melee worth s***. You block their prepunches and you can bet 99% of the time, youve won that scuffle.

Best answers
Maybe thats the reason they started prepunching>throwing you.. because your too good at adv melee

Best answers
KelesK said:
Explain to me the point of having the new melee system?

how bout we just revive 1.1 and keep the throw, cuz i mean, thats all anyone does...

4-8 prepunches, throw, generic ball to death :S

I see no melee there :S

Funnily enough tho, the people that do it, cant use melee worth s***. You block their prepunches and you can bet 99% of the time, youve won that scuffle.
yes bring it on.. so you say i suck ad adv melee eh? i hate trow!! and i have 2 suggestion for the trow

1: change it
2: simply remove it

becaus they spamm it TO much , i rarely use it.. i only use it when i get ****ing nuts from all people who are working to gether.. and just trow me..
and you cant even block the trow.. its way to hard.. so whats the point of it?.. it does damage.. you cant block it.. ETC ETC.. its plain stupid...

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can't get gen balled to death from being thrown heh. Hold jump if they're throwing you at the ground and bounce back up. Press jump if they throw you against a wall to bounce off. It doesn't even do a lot of damage.

Throws are being sped up in the upcoming patch.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He is right about advanced melee being a bit pointless....I mean, skill isnt exactly necessary if you wanna win one of them combo "fights". The only thing you need for the combo system is a quick finger and good memory (if you choose to remember the good combos). I still prefer 1.1 melee, but theres nothing we can do about it. The throw also needs to be tweaked a bit. Holding left click should do more than drain the other persons ki. It should be somewhat like a block or power struggle in such a way that left click actually makes it harder for the person to win.

Best answers
I agree, nerf it (make it easier to resist for eg) or make it faster. If its being made faster, and doesnt do much dmg, I would accept it as well.

Best answers
Dont get rid of throw! Maybe make it easier to struggle against if you want but I like it. Advanced melee is great too but it should have a bit more skill involved.

Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
You can't get gen balled to death from being thrown heh.
you would be supprised

Nova-San said:
Maybe thats the reason they started prepunching>throwing you.. because your too good at adv melee
maybe...

Ultima2_freeze said:
Play me and tell me advanced melee is too easy. ::shockface::
read my post again and rethink that statement

NLGeert said:
yes bring it on.. so you say i suck ad adv melee eh? i hate trow!!
read my post again

and i have 2 suggestion for the trow

1: change it
2: simply remove it

becaus they spamm it TO much , i rarely use it.. i only use it when i get ****ing nuts from all people who are working to gether.. and just trow me..
and you cant even block the trow.. its way to hard.. so whats the point of it?.. it does damage.. you cant block it.. ETC ETC.. its plain stupid...
agreed

Best answers
Even worst, most people don't do adv melee and throw. They just charge at me punch 12 times knocked back. Keep repeating the same thing until their PL high enough to trans. Kind of pointless. Not many people use adv melee.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Throw is good for a finishing move, but not for excessive use, its just useless for excessive use and drainks ur KI. I usually do some adv. melee and basic melee and then grab and tyhrow them, and kill them with a gen. ball. I dont do it everytime though. Or when i see someone charging a sb, i throw someone into him ^_^

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I find that i focus on pulling off the "special combos" and incorporating 1.1 melee in my fights rather than throwing someone. It makes the fight a bit more entertaining. Its kinda boring to see goku twirling over and over and over again. Anyway, the throw is a good feature but shouldnt be the base of your fighting technique.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Throw was sped up and ki cost increased for the patch. There will also be a new cvar available from the server creation menu for "fast advanced melee" which will speed things up and require faster key presses. The game should go much faster, and with the fast advanced melee cvar people will want to use it more often.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah make sure you can turn it off for those peoples who ping sucks

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope you're not referring to people like me (im a 56ker) Phoenix. Anyway, it would be a good idea to be able to disable this. I lag when i swoop...imagine when i move super fast in melee...

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
throws a bit *** sometimes but if u just let them, they still loose a lot of ki, hold jump and then swoop at them when they're recharging simple melee them, or use a ki blast or two, use button 1 because button 2 will probably miss, or u do sumthing like generic ball and watever, but u get the picture..... theres lots u can do against it, but yeah, i think the way it works is cool anyway lol.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@fast advanced melee-> It's just a cvar option at server start up. THe motd should be tweaked when you enter the server to tell you whether or not it's on. There'll be three options when you start a server, the default is normal speed, my cvar is fast speed, and there is a slow speed cvar for newer players that want to get accustomed to advanced melee on their own servers at slower speeds.

Best answers
Throw takes too much ki to use and anyone whose half a decent player can get off the ground before any kind of beam/ball hits them.

And anyone whose not using adv melee and only uses 1.1 melee obviously doesnt know the combos or just really sucks at the arrows. Aside from the big beams, adv melee is the best way to deal damage.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
With the default advanced melee speeds it can be slow enough that you don't even want to bother with it against better players right now. Just about everyone knows the combos at this point as it's nearly impossible to pull one off, and when you do it's only worth about a medium charged gen beam worth of damage. With the speed increased (my cvar) it's a lot easier to miss arrows (although still rarely happens) and melee is fast enough that it doesn't bore people who can hit all of the right keys. Throwing is boring to people in a similar way, being that, they either have a good idea that they are going to win or lose the throw, but the throw doesn't actually happen until a good while after it starts. The ki cost was increased on the throw because it was being used too often, and if you know how to do it you can almost always charge back up to full ki right after letting go.

Best answers
People are using only throwing because they don't know how or aren't good at advanced melee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom