Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I recently got an ADV newsletter stating that NGE is getting an overhaul. The four cut episodes are restored bringing the total eps to 30, plus it's all being 'digitally remastered' with 5.1 surround sound, special features etc over 6 discs...

I'm a pretty big fan of the series, I have the normal 26 episodes boxset so I was wondering if anyone had picked this up, what's on those 4 elusive episodes, and is it worth buying for them if I already own the 26 ep set?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's sweet. I was just thinking how I dont have evangelion on DVD, yet it's like my favourite anime. I think I might have to spring for this new edition.

And if you dont want to buy it all over for just 4 more eps, you could always *ahem* "aquire" it some other way.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mmmm, i'm sure i'll find a way of aquiring them without paying for the 26 eps I already bought. What i'm really interested in is were they cut for content like gore, or because it was boring or needless or what? Does it further the characters in some way? Does it help explain the ending a little better?

GL with it Hash, be sure to report back when you get it :]

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If by "aquire" you mean "steal from a friend's house" that's almost acceptable. If you mean download, I'll eat your first born child.

This ends the hinting at alterior methods of episode acquisition. In other news, I'll probably buy this one up myself. I'm a big fan of the series, and I don't have my own set.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
I recently got an ADV newsletter stating that NGE is getting an overhaul. The four cut episodes are restored bringing the total eps to 30, plus it's all being 'digitally remastered' with 5.1 surround sound, special features etc over 6 discs...
I don't read anything anywhere about new episodes, just that it features '4 director's cut episodes,' likely meaning four of the episodes have additional content.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh yeah you're right. It's still 26 episodes but four of them are extended due to being uncut. Doesn't seem like such a big deal now =\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh ya, now that I think about it. I remember these director's cut scenes. There not very long, and I doubt it would be worth it if you already have the set. Still, I think its cool, cuz i've only seen 2, and they were in japanese so I had no idea what anyone was saying.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've seen NGE before +coughcough+ but I don't 0wn the DVDs. I might pick this up when I find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom