Need help with an IRC channel.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright, I registered a new username on GameSurge, because I lost my old one, and created a channel. Now I'm in the waiting period, meaning my channel isn't registered yet. I need to know some basic admin commands for an IRC channel, like banning, kicking, changing topics and welcome messages, etc. Can you help me out?

EDIT: I also need the command to authenticate myself as an admin. I saved the e-mail I got from GameSurge just in case I need it for this.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm mildy curious as well, even though IRC is a complete waste of time and space in my opinion...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm mildy curious as well, even though IRC is a complete waste of time and space in my opinion...
Well the main reason I'm doing so is because I'm in a clan, and we need a method of conversation. IRC is one of the options, next to Teamspeak, XFire and Skype. Since I have most experience with IRC, sort of, I chose it. It does get on my nerves sometimes, however.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
You don't "auth" yourself as an admin. You only have to "auth" your nickname in order to get the OP rights in your channel or in any channel you have access in. I know there is an easier command to do this, but I always use:

/msg [email protected] AUTH pass (username not needed)

As for the commands, those are rather simple.

!kick username
!ban username
!mute username
!topic newtopichere
!addpeon username (gives a user access level 100, which is a voice "+")
!addop username (gives a user access level 200, which is a "@" "Operator")
!clvl username accesslevel (changes a users access level with the access level you provided)

any more you want?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just to change the welcome message, if that isn't counted as the topic.

EDIT: Thanks a lot for those. Thought it would take an eternity to gather them all together xD

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
try !set greeting texthere - or for users on the userlist, !set usergreeting texthere

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.gamesurge.net/commands/user
Heres a list of basic IRC channel and user commands used on GameSurge. On top there are four tabs signifying what their used for.

FF|Skyrider:
That is the most absolute worst way to auth yourself. You can do this every time /authserv auth password or I can show you a trick where it will automatically auth you every time you connect to irc.

If your using an old client its simple and easy to access the perform tab simply follow this:
Options > hit open the +irc if it already is open like -irc then you should see the perform box > Simply check mark the box then add your auth line I would do this though for safety reasons.
//mode $me +x
/authserv auth password

Simply put those two commands in your perform box and you will never have to auth yourself again and also the //mode $me +x will block your hostmask so others can not get your IP address.

Now if your using a much newer client you will have to follow these steps since for some reason they thought it would be much better to hide the perform option.
Options > hit connect if it has a + next to it like +connect so it then goes to -connect > Options > You will see the perform tab under default port click it to open the perform box > Check mark the enable box and put these two commands in which is the same as above but I will post them again.
//mode $me +x
/authserv auth password

Once you have done this you will be all set and never have to worry about authing to your account on irc which is a nice and convenient.

Anyways I hope this helped and if you need anymore help feel free to contact me anytime.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually if you have a script which binds / to // then it will do **** but since not everyone is not familiar with irc scripting I'm going to assume they don't.
Anyways I knew that and I swear I put the // in but guess not oh well I could have not made this at all and leave everyone authing the old dumb way haha.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
You guys are really blind -_-

I know there is an easier command to do this, but I always use:

I already said "I know there is an easier command to do this
In other words, I know there is an easier way to "auth" yourself. Normally, at my own place it automatic auths, so there is no need for me to do the auth command. But, I only use the "long" one, if I need to auth quickly when I don't know the short command.

From long to short, I don't "CARE" about the short auth command :p.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guys, I did a stupid thing. I accidentally banned myself from my own channel xD. Can I unban somehow?

EDIT: Never mind. Torlon helped me on IRC. Thanks man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom