need help with amx

Best answers
ok i tried to figure this out but i am not being able to get this stupid thing to work.. anyone help out?

Best answers
Well if you are using Amx Mod then have u read the Documantation for installing it. If you are tring to set it up for ESF Server then the mod folder will be your ESF folder. You need to have MetaMod installed first dont forget.

Best answers
well u might as well forget the documantation because in order for it to work i need to change the launch options in the steam game list . however esf is in 3rd party section which has no properties option. i cant seem to get it to even load on the game. am i suppose to move something from the addons folder to the esf folder in order for it to even try to start running during a game. i cant even get it to recognize when i am playing. and reading the read me section just makes me want to shoot myself. makes no damn sense at all.

what i really need is to figure out how to make sure im the admin and to get it to run when the game loads.

Best answers
Well I use AMX Mod X, i think its like the next evolution of AMX. When i was installing AMX Mod X i had no problems after reading the the Documentation for it. I did not have have alter the launch options for ESF to load up the Server and play, i just had to alter one or two configuration files, then when i load up ESF i just click on Create Game.

If you want to do it that way they described in teh AMX Mod documenation, and alter the launch options you just have to go right click on ESF in the Steam window, click on "Create Desktop Shortcut". A new Icon called "Earth`s Special Forces" will appear on your desktop. Right click on that and go to properties. The editable launch options is the Line "Target". The default options are
Code:
(Path to Steam Folder)\Steam\Steam.exe -applaunch 70 -game "esf"
Just add the options to run metamod to this line. :)

Best answers
ok i just went ahead and got the amx x one that u have and i changed the appropriate things all the way up till it sends me to config settings.... what do i need to do there or am i golden?

btw at this point the only thing that registers when i load the game is metamod and all it does is say willyblablabla version bla bla bla . amx_whatever does nothing but say unknown command

Best answers
well once you got AMX X installed, all i really had to do extra is the Admin setting, which if you look in teh AMX X Documentation, should be under Configurations>Admins. Just had to add myself as the Admin and i was set. You just need to set the Stead ID method, no password need when you log into your server. When you all plugins and modules just go through the documenations to the appropriate section.

After that go through the configs files in the amx folder, and check the setting to your prefered values. Go through the listenserver.cfg and server.cfg file in
Code:
(Path to Steam Folder):\Steam\SteamApps\your@email\half-life\esf
and set extra settings like your server name (just remove the "//" and type your server name after "hostname" in double quote... i.e. hostname "MY Server") and timelimit etc.

Hope that helped.
KilledWithStyle is the best person to ask for server stuff, i think he uses AMX Mod X to.

**EDIT: It would be good if so one who knows what they are doing, make a thread on how to set up an ESF server using AMX or AMX X. A little tutorial. Ill have a go at it later if some one who knows more than me doesnt have a go.**

Best answers
ok none of that made any sense..the configurations/admins section makes no sinse to me. and everything u said sounds like its some kind of digitally transmitted encrypted code... how about trying it in a language people can understand. and step by step.. im not a programer just a player

ok what i am getting at is what "exactly" do i put where for my server, not just as an example. cause when i go to my game and type amx_??? nothing happens, just says unknown command. the documentation doesnt make sense enough for me i do what it says and it doesnt work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom