Which one of the two should I get?

• Total voters
Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
So the time has finally come for me to start selecting peripherals. I am mostly going to play Fps, Tps and Action-Adventure games. No strategy and point-and-click games. I've got most of them down, but need a few suggestions in selecting from the following,

1. Razer Deathadder 3500 DPI High Precision 3.5G Infrared Gaming Mouse - Comes out on top in most reviews, would probably get it if it didn't look the way it did. Ofcourse I prefer practical usage before looks, it still doesn't convince me into buying it.

2. Razer Lachesis 5600 DPI Mouse - Looks almost the same as above, except it is meant for both Left and Right handed users. It is also a lot smaller.

3. Razer Naga MMOG 5600 DPI Gaming Mouse - This one is quite popular as well, although its meant for mmo players. I play mmos, but dedicating an an entire mouse for it would be too much. Of course if it plays well with Fps games, then it seems like a good choice.

4. Thermaltake eSports 4000 DPI Black Gaming Mouse - This one is what I am leaning towards since it looks so darn cool. It is relatively new, so it will be hard to get appreciators for it.

5. Thermaltake eSports 6500 DPI Element Gaming Mouse - This one is even better version of the above, but its supposed to be for mmorpg and RTS players, which I am not. But if it will do wonders with Fps games as well, I can be convinced to get this pretty easily.

Thank you all for reading. Now help me choose!!

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Try justifying the need for 2000+ DPI, and if you can't, buy an MX518 (1800 DPI, around 40 bucks, generally considered a great mouse)

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Try justifying the need for 2000+ DPI, and if you can't, buy an MX518 (1800 DPI, around 40 bucks, generally considered a great mouse)
Well, the high DPI will come in handy while playing Battlefield 3 on an 24" Monitor. Although am not really sure how much I will need.

The Thermaltake eSports 4000 DPI mouse is only for $34, so if nothing is forthcoming, I'll probably be getting that.

Former Forcepit Member :(
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers

Who Needs 7 Buttons and 2 Scroll Wheels? Well you do (IMAGE IS A RAT 5 Best to get the 7

What i like most about this mouse is 7 programmable buttons and 2 scroll wheels Cyborg RAT 7

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
DPI beyond around 2000 is pointless. You say 23" screen like that's big. I can play MW2, and WIN, using my ... 600 DPI notebook mouse on a bedsheet (on a 40" television). I mentioned the MX518 because it's universally recognised as a good, solid mouse, excellent for most forms of gaming. If you check Google Shopping, you'll find that the most popular gaming mouse is the MX518.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I second avenger, if you like Razor, there is no real reason to discount Logitech's laser mouse. The two have shared similar internal components for quite some time, to critical acclaim I might add.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't have anything against Logitech, its just I can't bring myself to like that design. Besides, I've never owned a gaming mouse, let alone one from Razor.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I got a Deathadder and I love it. It is perfect.

www.woot.com usually has Razer products for cheap when they put the items up for a woot off.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
I am a pretty hardcore gamer, I've gone through a ton of mice/keyboards for gaming...I'm just going to say that the Thermaltake eSports pro gaming mouse is one of my favorites. It's a bit heavy for a mouse, and a bit big, but I like that since I have big hands, and there are weights you can take out of the bottom. And the buttons to the back of the scroll wheel let you select DPI 400/800/2000/4000, I like the setting on 2000 most. There's a nice grip where you put your thumb as well as a back button for when you're using the internet or need to go back on a game menu after clicking.
That mouse + Thermaltake eSports challenger pro gaming keyboard are probably among my favorite mouse/keyboard combos, but I'd suggest a saitek cyborg v7 if you're going to get a pricey keyboard for 60$+

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I am a pretty hardcore gamer, I've gone through a ton of mice/keyboards for gaming...I'm just going to say that the Thermaltake eSports pro gaming mouse is one of my favorites. It's a bit heavy for a mouse, and a bit big, but I like that since I have big hands, and there are weights you can take out of the bottom. And the buttons to the back of the scroll wheel let you select DPI 400/800/2000/4000, I like the setting on 2000 most. There's a nice grip where you put your thumb as well as a back button for when you're using the internet or need to go back on a game menu after clicking.
That mouse + Thermaltake eSports challenger pro gaming keyboard are probably among my favorite mouse/keyboard combos, but I'd suggest a saitek cyborg v7 if you're going to get a pricey keyboard for 60$+
Hah, I am planning on getting the Challenger Pro Keyboard as well. They would look awesome together.

So I guess in the end, it will probably boil down to either the esports mouse or the CoolerMaster Sentinel Advance.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Anything beyond 2000 DPI is just way too fast. I have a 2000 DPI Logitech G5 (The best mouse I have ever owned, I have to add), and it is crazy fast on my 1920x1080 screen. You get used to 2000DPI, but I can guarantee that everything above it, will feel very unnatural.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
That's why I like my Thermaltake eSports pro gaming mouse, it has 400 800 2000 and even 4000 dpi for those RTS moments. I'd say 2000dpi is perfect for FPS games.

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm using a logitech MX518 and have been for years. It's the best mouse ever.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I have narrowed down my selection and thus have added a poll.

Choose wisely. ^^

Lord of Chaos
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Psh... Real men use these now!

Cyborg R.A.T. 7 though they come in a few different flavours.

Last edited:
Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Moar poll selections and less new mice introductions pl0x!

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
okai, this isn't something you decide on a internet poll. Monitors, keyboards and mice should aways be tried in a store. (not bought, but tried)
It's so extremely personal that you really just can't go off someone else his opinion.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
It seems to me that he's buying a mouse based on how cool it looks anyway.

~Gurbir~
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom