need help badly

Best answers
i was wondering 2 things

1. is their a way to convert .rar to .mdx??

also wut is the best program to make models that doesnt cost anything (includes free trials)??? cuz i've seen these esf models and there super awesome and im a warcraft player :fight:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
every program thats free can be good its just a mather of if you get the hang of it or not
rar thingy i dunno look on google maybe

Best answers
Well i use Milk Shape 3d, it's cheap and easy to use for nubs like us.;)
It also has 30 days trial.

Theres also 3DS MAX ,it's easy too, but is expensive:tired: , and for free programs..........uhhhhh.....um......Google's ur friend;( .

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wings 3d, and xsi softimage mod release are the best completly free progs i would recommend you, and if you want to convert rar. to mdx just rename it ;) if it doesnt work then i dunno, because most game maker do this =D

Best answers
wud gmax be a good program to use? Also last time i used milkshape it came out all demented lol....I've seen these esf models and most of them r so good which is y i started this topic, and my free trial on milkshape is done...is their a way i can get another one? also where could i get either wings 3d or xsi softimage?? and wut would be the best skinning program

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
reinstall windows and you will have a new chance for a ms3d trail, gmax is not that usefull because it doesnt let you export any models if i do remember, but if you plan to use later 3dsm, then gmax is a good variant to start with if you later decide to switch to 3dsm.

Best answers
how about wings? it's probably the easiest mesh modeler(they call is subdivision modeler) I have seen. I literally showed it to a friend who can draw and surprised me by learning the basic stuff in under 10 min. and such. And it's free.
http://www.wings3d.com/

also there is maya learning edition, you do have to register but it's free. It basically is maya with an annoying watermark and lots of features missing. Still you can do a lot more with Maya PLE than other free programs and maybe if you know someone with a *real* version of maya you cuold export your work and have it loaded then saved in that guy's edition thus removing the watermark? Dunno haven't tried yet. Beware people say it's harder to learn than other 3d programs.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=6902573

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SS_gohan44 said:
wut do u use?
Lightwave 3D

@Praf_de_pula: yeh Maya learning edition is nice aswell but badly it got fused with max...i think the new version of maya+max will release soon a learning edition aswell.
they allready removed gmax so maybe there will be something later.

edit: i just realised that the learning eidition is with maya+max.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i didnt but my dad bought it.

Best answers
well last time I checked It was free but you had to register(still free, time consuming) but recently autodesk bought alias. so you say they mixed em together? that just sucks... no more maya for us now. we're going to have to use a halfbreed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeh, maya was pretty owning :-\ i liked it more then 3dsm though

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wings 3D is good enough for uvwmapping and modeling for modifications and on. it has enough tools to use the basic of all modeling programs, you might also try Blender, same as wings 3d but i would use wings 3d.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
try to google them all, i dont use tutorials anymore. im 100% there will be some good results if you search for : Wings 3D Tutorials

;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
register name with password?

then try to use both, i truelly dont care.
ms3d can export to many games like halflife, seriuos sam and else and it got a easy way to add a skeleton to a mesh.

thought its complicated at the beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom