NASA and Aliens

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IMO, aliens are real. There's an infinite universe out there, and we're the only ones to be alive beings?

Definately aliens out there.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The universe is not infinite. According to theory, the universe is expanding, but not infinite.

There are far too many planets out there, for Earth to be the only planet that has life is mathematically impossible. Drakes Equation The question for me is are they visiting us and do we know about it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i saw a show on the history channel or discovery channel i believe, and mathmaticly, it said an intelligent species or something is created roughly every 20 years or some crap like that. theres alot of space to cover, but i believe by 2020 we'll have had some definate contact.

if we live that long that is,

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
The universe is not infinite. According to theory, the universe is expanding, but not infinite.
Just to be a ****, space is infinite and has no end. The universe and all it's planets however are expanding. So, you could say it's infinite because there is no limit to how far they could expand, it's just that past them there is nothing.

And a fun thing to do is, try to imagine how it's possible for space to be infinite and how that is even possible. It just doesn't seem it.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think Aline's ar real but I think they r not more advance then we ar in tehnologi

Best answers
john_volkov said:
I think Aline's ar real but I think they r not more advance then we ar in tehnologi
Who is Aline?:D
And the aliens are much advanced in technology than us since they can travel to other planets with their very very fast spaceships.

Best answers
Black Gohan said:
HEH, NICE!

here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe1phdRUhDE

I saw something like this a few years ago, for real.....
My friends say they saw similar thing, expect it was night and it was glowing. They say they saw something floating for a while then suddenly it flew a away in amazing speed... I never believed them though and telled them that they probably saw Ball lightning (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_lightning for those who dont know what it is). I still dont believe in UFO's... Maybe other life forms exist in this universe, but flying plates from outerspace...nah
dany_goku said:
Who is Aline?:D
And the aliens are much advanced in technology than us since they can travel to other planets with their very very fast spaceships.
Who says they can travel to other planets... Nobody's ever gotten real proof of their existence...

Best answers
I'm hardly going to think after like, a minute of footage that aliens exist. Well, not that they exist, since the odds would suggest it's highly likely they do exist, but that they would be here... sorry, don't buy it.

The kind of distances we're talking about here, even travelling at several times the speed of light, it would take years to get here. Is it really that worth it? (Ignoring for the moment that it's impossible to travel at speeds greater than the speed of light)

If these videos are real, then it could be another nations spacecraft. You don't always know what other nations are up to (considering we never really know what our own are doing).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama said:
And a fun thing to do is, try to imagine how it's possible for space to be infinite and how that is even possible. It just doesn't seem it.
That's only because everything we know has a beginning and an end. Everything we know has finite space, even if ridiculously huge, it has finite space.

That's why the thought of space being infinite is hard to grasp, but I don't see why it couldn't be. I seriously doubt that the physical parts of the known universe will someday bump into a wall and bounce back or whatever. Another explanation could be that it's round somewhat like the Earth and we haven't realized it yet.

As for aliens somehow reaching us, it seems unlikely unless they can travel in the extreme "warp" speeds as in any of those futuristic themes. Either that or wormholes, which are supposed to be two black holes linked together to "fold" space so you can cover a great deal of distance instantaneously. The only other explanation I could think of is if they've got incredibly long lifespans (I'm talking probably in the billions and even that might not be enough), or have mastered cryogenic sleep.

Synergy

S
Weird, I was looking at thing about Aliens the other day, Area 51 and all that.
Area 51 is nothing more than a hangar to test experimental aircraft, doesn't explain the swimming pool I found near there on Google Earth....

I found this on youtube....
Creepy, http://youtube.com/watch?v=kOPZkBad8mQ
Might be a prop from Men In Black or something >_>

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Scruff said:
I'm hardly going to think after like, a minute of footage that aliens exist. Well, not that they exist, since the odds would suggest it's highly likely they do exist, but that they would be here... sorry, don't buy it.

The kind of distances we're talking about here, even travelling at several times the speed of light, it would take years to get here. Is it really that worth it? (Ignoring for the moment that it's impossible to travel at speeds greater than the speed of light)

If these videos are real, then it could be another nations spacecraft. You don't always know what other nations are up to (considering we never really know what our own are doing).
Wormholes my friend, wormholes.

Pain said:
That's why the thought of space being infinite is hard to grasp, but I don't see why it couldn't be. I seriously doubt that the physical parts of the known universe will someday bump into a wall and bounce back or whatever. Another explanation could be that it's round somewhat like the Earth and we haven't realized it yet.
Well, the theory goes that everything would come back upon itself due to gravity, not due to bumping into an invisible wall.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i love people who quote drakes equation, which is fundamentally flawed, because its based on the theory that x amount of planets are capable of sustaining life... but only by our own planets standards (ie. carbon based life forms).

im sure there are many planets out there with elements other than the ones found on earth, and completely different physiological structures for their life forms.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In theory, life on Earth shouldn't have formed at all. I dunno. There's always the possibility through mere numbers, meaning there is a likelihood. But in that case, you'd have to believe that the process of evolution worked. And from what I've studied, the functions, structures and seamless efficiency of a living body, even over millions of years of mutations is simply too perfect to have been produced haphazardly.

I mean, I can't imagine that if an F-5 tornado hit an auto-parts shop that out of chance the parts would assemble into a 2001 Bonneville.

Don't get me wrong though, I am highly scientific.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who says it isn't possible for everything on Earth to be the only lifeforms in existence? Vice versa. Anything is possible, though we don't have enough ground to really say anything yet (looks at the quote in my signature field). I think we need to worry about things here on Earth first, especially since they don't have a good definition for what a planet is (Hopefully some of you have heard of this from news sources).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
Well, the theory goes that everything would come back upon itself due to gravity, not due to bumping into an invisible wall.
The physical parts of the known universe perhaps, but it says nothing about the limits of the actual space of the universe.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know much on it, but I read that there are some theories which state that the Universe is... round. If you go far enough, eventually you'll get back where you began. Again, I don't really know much on the subject, but it makes more sense than bumping into an invisible wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom