Naruto Update

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You need to round him down the centre, it looks like he was cut in half, then stuck back together :p

Best answers
round him down the centre? what are you on about? Are you talking about the line going down the middle? That's a bloody render line, I haven't welded both sides together yet. I asked for decent crits, not newbie ones.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he was talking about welding...
and critz come and go.. but he been around for a year i really doubt he's a noob.. maybe dont know how to model but he isnt a noob.

furthermore... the model looks good... keep up the good work A101

Best answers
He might not be a newbie around here, but that was a newbie crit.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sorry to break this to you but i think ur more of a noob becous when u ask for crits u wil get it if u dont want crits like that dont ask for m

Best answers
:rolleyes: I asked for crits because I want crits, not people saying things are wrong when they are NOT wrong. Do you see a single real crit here? No. And I didn't call him a newbie, I said his crit was a newbie crit.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i gotta agree with a101 here, shadows crit wasnt a crit at all, ill explain why

its common practice to only build half a model and mirror it over for the other half, as he did here,

just showing the half of the model built wouldnt show his proportions very well, so he mirrored it over to take the picture, without welding the vertexes to save time, lots of people do this, (myself included on occasion)

most people, (hopefully) know this, that has nothing to do with the shape of the model, or any proportions, and it wont be on the final model, calling that a crit is truly newbie,

--------

now the model, it is built very good, but it doesnt look like naruto for some reason, the proprtions seem to be about right but the look of it isnt very naruto ish,

possibly a skin could fix it, but i dunno, ill name a few flaws on the model which could be causing it though,

bring out the ears a little more to the sidesfrom the front view,

lower the armpit just a tad,

and poof the pants out a little bit, thats all i can think of,

Best answers
Thanks a lot Nutzzy, i'll have a play around with the things you mentioned and see if it's any better.

EDIT: I have now lowered the armpits, worked on the feet more, altered the trowsers a little, rounded the neck of his shirt a little, made him less fat and done some general tweeks. I'll post new pics later.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vertigo- Stop spamming, thanks.
A101- Stay inside the car at all times and keep your arms and legs to yourself.
Zelda- At least add a model crit to your post if you are going to criticize the modeler.

And uh... let's see... Ice Man, "it looks good" is hardly criticism, c'mon. This thread isn't about giving people awards for hammering out acceptable work, it's about telling them how to improve what they've already got.

That about sums it up.

Best answers
Make some wrinkles / folds in the elbow / back of the knee area. It will help get rid of the cylindrical look of his cloths :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hes abit to smoot...., imean u need to add some rinckles to the cloths and stuff...

but it looks good over...nice job

Best answers
umm his mouth doesn't look correct, it seems like he's trying to tuck in his lips(not that he has any) from the front angle, the side angle he's okay.

p.s what's his poly count?

Best answers
When I have an update to show I'll bloody well show it. And you're not getting the model anyway, atleast not for ESF.

MajinZGohan: I know, I'm not exactly great at mouths, though what you're saying is mostly due to smoothing (and he does have lips :p). The polycount's higher than it should be, I'll bother with cutting it down after I've finished it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
is this model going to be released?:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom