Naruto: Naiteki Kensei R2

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am proud to present a project that has been in work for a good while.
After countless hours of fun, bugs, and jokes....
Now on Unity....
Naruto: Naiteki Kensei R2

[video=youtube;IfmLk2NJNNU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfmLk2NJNNU[/video]

http://www.naiteki-kensei.com

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3.

Kind of a word salad of a name, especially considering Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3: Full Burst is going to be coming out this month.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice. I had no idea you guys were still working on this. This is good news.
Also... Unity? Was it easier with that?

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unity is pretty easy to use, so why not?

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've got no problem with it. Unity is fine.

@DS: Are you guys keeping the same game mechanics?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Looks awesome bro, is Tenken the sole coder on this still? I was there when people were gathering again and started talking about it but I quickly was out of the loop, didn't talk so much to Tenken as it was pretty much his and Kama's idea?

However, I'm happy to see the progress you've made and I'm perfectly content with just the duty of moderating the forums, however they have been dead for quite a while unfortunately :/

EDIT: I just now realized how much I've missed Tim N's soundtrack! It really fits NNK to the T.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've got no problem with it. Unity is fine.

@DS: Are you guys keeping the same game mechanics?
Pretty much. We are keeping it the same as it was.

@ Baaja: The forums should be pumping again soon. The website might need a good update too since we aren't working with Half-life anymore.

I hope you guys enjoy a few sounds I put in the game. :p

Last edited:
Proud owner of ESF:Final
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3.

Kind of a word salad of a name, especially considering Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3: Full Burst is going to be coming out this month.
looks like it, but hell i know

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Things can only go up from here.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be honest, I couldn't say yet. The Unity Engine can support some pretty well sized maps.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
The original NNK maps could have been made larger but had boundaries that were set in place by the dev team in order to concentrate the battle to a certain area. Therefore, it would be logical with the same line of thought, that this will be the case for NNK R2 even if it is based on the Unity engine. There is no need to be able to run that far within in a map, because it takes too long time (in NNK you can't fly like in ESF or shoot long projectiles from the other side of the map).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pretty much what Baaja said. In due time, you shall have all your questions answered.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The original NNK maps could have been made larger but had boundaries that were set in place by the dev team in order to concentrate the battle to a certain area. Therefore, it would be logical with the same line of thought, that this will be the case for NNK R2 even if it is based on the Unity engine. There is no need to be able to run that far within in a map, because it takes too long time (in NNK you can't fly like in ESF or shoot long projectiles from the other side of the map).
Well partially true.

The NNK maps are of the second generation type. They still rely on a BSP file for collision. Meaning they could only be as big as HL1 allows them to be. And considerring NNK didnt have the 1/4 scale that ESF uses im guessing they could only get as big as the chunin exam finals map. Maybe slightly bigger, but not by much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom