Naruto 124

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You already saw a glimpse of his 2nd level :O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hitokiri said:
Boring? It was almost entirely action, so no, I wasn't bored for a second.

You see those 3 shadows hopping tree to tree in episodes previous. I had no idea who they were; I thought, at the most, it'd be some Konoha teachers like maybe Asuma or even Iruka, or even a second team of Konoha genins. I had even heard the Sand ninjas would be fighting along side Konoha at some point (just from forums and stuff) but I had never guessed it would be right then.

I prefer the anime mainly because movement is better conveyed by moving pictures (to me at least), and this is a show where there's plenty of it. Also, sound is extremely important, IMO. Not just the effects (which are very cool), but music can be very impactful and enhance the experience a ton. And I like voices and color too *shrug*. That remixed theme in the middle when Rock Lee charges Kimimaro (it's another version of the music that plays when he uses ura renge on Gaara) always gives me a coolgasm when they do it right. (Coolgasm = when something is so awesome, it sends chills down your spine)

That episode where Naruto hits Kibito with the Rasengan also had incredible music when he does it. I had multiple coolgasms.

Yeah, that was one of my main arguments in a similar thread. The music is essential to get the full experience, and there's nothing that the manga can do to make up for that. Each character has his own theme, which you associate with him, so when the character is being a badass(rock lee in this case) and you hear his music in the background, it's just that much better. Fluid motion is really important to me as well, that episode wouldn't have been nearly as good in the manga, becuase you don't get the full understanding of how fast and intense the fight is. Even if you do, it still doesn't get it across very well, not nearly as well as the anime does.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I loved it, and much like all of you I didn't see the sand ninja's coming either and boy was it a fantastic surprise. I rarely find Naruto episodes boring, so this one was just...brilliant. Good work Naruto-making-people, you've succeeded in blowing us all away again.

Best answers
really phat? because when i see the manga fight scenes, They just look like the hits are much stronger. Like the neji fight vs the sound guy.. the hits through the tree and the final hit looked like it dealt atleast twice as much damage as it did than in the anime. But, then.. i might be just ruining it for myself and being dissapointed in the animation... =\

Best answers
Yeah the fight was great, and the twist at the end was great for non-manga readers (me)....I dont like gaara and temaris new clothes though

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Phatslugga said:
Yeah, that was one of my main arguments in a similar thread. The music is essential to get the full experience, and there's nothing that the manga can do to make up for that. Each character has his own theme, which you associate with him, so when the character is being a badass(rock lee in this case) and you hear his music in the background, it's just that much better. Fluid motion is really important to me as well, that episode wouldn't have been nearly as good in the manga, becuase you don't get the full understanding of how fast and intense the fight is. Even if you do, it still doesn't get it across very well, not nearly as well as the anime does.
Cooldgasms. Heh, I thought I was the only one =/

It happens to me all the time, whenever something awesome happens in a movie/anime. I got the biggest coolgasm in Bleach when Kurosaki was wearing a hollow mask, after gaining back his shinigami abilities.

Anyway, the reason why Rock is so good at drunken fist, is probable because he's allways very strict and focussed when he's sober.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Didn't Gai say he was a natural talent? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom