My SS3 Scene Redub

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For a long time I've practiced to achieve a somewhat genuine DBZ yell, having been inspired by Goku's first Super Saiyan 3 transformation.

Well, here, I've pain-stakingly done what I always wanted to do in that regaurd, and totally redubbed Goku's voice for the scene with my own. The emphasis is on the yelling. I know the acting and voice aren't stellar, and I KNOW I sound NOTHING like Goku. However, by editing out Goku's voice and replacing the audio holes perfectly with music and my own sound effects, the redub is essentially seemless.

Faulconer buffs out here might notice that in the beginning until after Goku goes SS2, the music you hear isn't included in any DBZ soundtrack. So how was I able to apply that music behind my voice? Hee hee ^_^ Well, I captured it myself, and the result is that I don't have to start the scene from after the SS2 trans. I can start right from the scene's beginning.

I tried to match the yells to the Sean Schemmel performance as well as I could. I was surprised at some of what I could do. The final yell though, I had no idea I could pull off in the slightest, but it worked like a charm :)

I know there are some volume problems at certain points, but it's hardly noticeable.

Anyway, here's the donwload :)

http://www.esnips.com/doc/8891766d-c144-4732-b986-21f0410c748f/SS3-redub-correct-audio-320-res

Enjoy!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Link is corrupt...:p make a new one :)
What?! God-DAMNIT!!! I've tried to upload that video on 5 different ****ing occasions over the last month and a half, and each time the upload would stall and bug out on me, whatever I was uploading to. Now you're telling me after I finally get it up that it's ****ing corrupted???

What the Hell am I supposed to do?!

EDIT:

Wait a minute; what are you talking about? I just tried it, and I downloaded and played it just fine.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I swear to God it's like the Internet doesn't want me to be able to show ANYONE this or something. You ever get the feeling that computers hate you?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I swear to God it's like the Internet doesn't want me to be able to show ANYONE this or something. You ever get the feeling that computers hate you?
All the time... all the time...

Have you tried uploading it to YouTube or maybe Rapidsharing it?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I upload to youtube or any website that can stream videos, the music I captured gets it's volume changed to the point which it is inaudible, which defeats the purpose of a LOT of work I did recreating the scene.

I've tried rapidshare and megaupload as well. Both times the upload stalled, and then crashed my Internet. The esnips is the only one I've gotten to work, and now it seems I'm the only effing person who can see it. Just wth is going on?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, you could try uploading it to eSnips again or paste the link again to see if a character was missing from the address.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It didn't work.

What format did you save the video as?
MPEG2, and then convert to DivX. It's always worked before. The only thing I've done differently is that I used video from high quality episodes (the 200-something megabyte ones) instead of the horribe quality 15 megabyte episodes. The only thing I can even imagine is some kind of stupid frame-rate ****...

Just tried a reupload. Told me there was an error. Trying again...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*Sigh* Now it just keeps telling me it failed. I hate this. What am I supposed to do? Why is there always something stupid getting in my way?

EDIT:

I told you, uploading to anything that streams video reduces the volume of the captured music segments. In which case a significant part of my work is wasted.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What video editing program did you use to save the video?

Edit

It seems that the audio problem you're experiencing has to do with the video, not the website. Some audio set ups don't work well with sites like YouTube, though I don't know the exact set ups that cause these problems. One possible solution is to save the file with the following settings (assuming you're able to set them):

Video Format: Avi
Video Codec: DivX
Audio Codec: Mp3
Sampling Rate: 22,050 - Mono
Resolution: 320 x 240

These are the recommended video settings for YouTube. If you're not able to adjust the settings to the extent shown above, then the alternative is to use Windows Movie Maker. While Windows Movie Maker does suck, it's able to save videos that usually won't get screwed up by YouTube.

If you decide to go with Windows Movie Maker, then once you get everything in place and are ready to save the video, select "High quality video (small)" from the drop down list next to the "Other settings" selection.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Normally, I'd skip right over something like this. But you seemed pretty excited so I figured I dl it and watch it since you put so much work and faith in it.

Firstly, lets say that your vocal performance was good. Some of the timing was a smidge off, but certainly not bad.

Next, your recording process if flawed. You're screaming was producing bad clipping at the high range, you need to record it quieter, and then boost the gain afterwards. You can get it plenty loud without clipping it. Not a bad effort, but you were shot in the foot by your recording equipment and program.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's not much of a loop hole, it's common sense. :p

Anyway, it wasn't too bad:

• One of the things that bugged me is that during the screaming, you were going "ugh" instead of "ahh".
  • The last part of dialog was hard to hear, though from what I can make out, you're voice should be a little more gruff.
I have to give you kudos though. While many might see this as stupid, it takes some kind of insanity to record your voice, scream for three minutes, grunt for an additional 5 or so seconds, and then have it where everyone can watch it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom