My Own OLD PC (TOO SLOW)

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Okay it begun all yesterday ive got my old pc (motherboard) back

Ive installed Windows Xp and any other drivers.
Today i installed Prince of persia The Two Thrones. This game Worked Fine before i got my motherboard again(becasue my old motherboard same as the new one was broke and was send to ASROCK) however this game was very fast on the best graphics and etc.

But now It is very slow and i cant even get into the main menu becasue its too slow..

I'm very pissed off now because i tried every Driver of my Graphic card.. Its still the same. ;(

And Even 3dmark goes slow..

SPEC : AMD Athlon 3500+ 64
Asrock dual sata2
Asus 6600GT AGP
512 MB of ram

If there is someone that realy can help me (PLEASE!!!)

Thanks in advance.

BTW : Steam runs fine (HL1 ENGINE)

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
before doing anything to drastic, if you havent already try going into the bios, usualy delete or f2 key, once you get into the bios load the default settings for the bios.

I think usually the f9 key loads default settings, make sure you save usually f10 and see if that helps.

Also make sure you've installed the motherboard drivers for agp if you missed it, should be on motherboard cd and also on their site.

btw what is the exact model of the board?

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd just like to point out that AMD started making processors by reverse engineering what Intel had made, so you are either misguided, or obscenely biased. Your fanboyism gets you nothing but an inferior product.

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I'd just like to point out that AMD started making processors by reverse engineering what Intel had made, so you are either misguided, or obscenely biased. Your fanboyism gets you nothing but an inferior product.
I trust AMD and i know that this thing has nothing to do with my processor...
This happend all before my motherboard was going to be repaired...(it wasent possible)

So asrock gave me an other one from the same type...
I need to fix this pc..Because the other one want's my siss i got anotherone with better GC and Proc

G-Bear
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Install latest AGP driver for the motherboard(Unless you have a PCI-E videocard) and then install VGA driver.

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
OH okay ill try some Drivers for my mother board..

EDIT: Stll not working..

And btw Its very slow and the texture's are very ugly.. That's the only thing i can see in the main menu..

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Try updating your Gfx card's Drivers to the latest.
Usually this type of things come out when you crack the game or something not involving to not to buy the game.
Also, you could put more RAM in to your rig, could get it run more faster.

The minimum requirements:

System: 1000 MHz Pentium III or equivalent
RAM: 256 MB
Hard Drive Space: 1000 MB
Other: DirectX 8.0 compatible sound device

I can't come up with any other logical reason than you're using crack.
----
Btw, what's with your hate against Intel?
I mean, they started making core2duo, and the current versions are far more superior when compared to any amd's processors..
Without Intel, We propably wouldn't have such fast processors as now, since Intel pushed the 'limits' back in 90's when they produced Pentium series, then Amd started making seriously and made i.e Athlon, which was great in it's time, but still intel is better.
Just get rid of your fanboyism, it's just bad for you.

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
did you try this?

before doing anything to drastic, if you havent already try going into the bios, usualy delete or f2 key, once you get into the bios load the default settings for the bios.

I think usually the f9 key loads default settings, make sure you save usually f10 and see if that helps.

Also make sure you've installed the motherboard drivers for agp if you missed it, should be on motherboard cd and also on their site.

have you installed the Uli agp driver?
make sure you download the right one, depending on which xp you have xp or xp 64bit.
http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=939Dual-SATA2&s=

if that didnt work go here and download the driver, dont install yet.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_93.71.html

use this program to uninstall the old drivers first, restart your computer
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745

install the new nvidia drivers you downloaded.

if that dindt work go through your bios setting and check if your agp settings are ok.

Under Advanced:

Agp Aperture Size try- 128mb
Agp Data rate should be- 8x
Agp fast write if is disabled try enabling it, if is enabled try disabling it.
Primary Graphics Adapter set to AGP
after making any changes make sure you save---> F10

if that doesnt help you could always try reinstalling windoows :(

or get a new motherboard Id recommend ASUS over ASrock, ASrock uses the same chipset as Asus, just lower quality.

hope that helps.

BTW, what was wrong the first time your motherboard "Broke" why did you have to send it to Asrock?

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Try updating your Gfx card's Drivers to the latest.
Usually this type of things come out when you crack the game or something not involving to not to buy the game.
Also, you could put more RAM in to your rig, could get it run more faster.
But it doesnt have nothing to do with my Ram..i know alot of pc's and i know that this has to do with my driver or motherboard.I runned this game before with the same settings and it was fast as hell.
The minimum requirements:

System: 1000 MHz Pentium III or equivalent
RAM: 256 MB
Hard Drive Space: 1000 MB
Other: DirectX 8.0 compatible sound device

I can't come up with any other logical reason than you're using crack.
Please dont say this i have an orginaly copy of the game..If you guys want some pic's i could make then and upload it
----
Btw, what's with your hate against Intel?
I mean, they started making core2duo, and the current versions are far more superior when compared to any amd's processors..
Without Intel, We propably wouldn't have such fast processors as now, since Intel pushed the 'limits' back in 90's when they produced Pentium series, then Amd started making seriously and made i.e Athlon, which was great in its time, but still intel is better.
Just get rid of your fanboyism, it just bad for you.dont let me talk about them..they are even worse
did you try this?

have you installed the Uli agp driver? Already did
make sure you download the right one, depending on which xp you have xp or xp 64bit.
http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=939Dual-SATA2&s=

if that didnt work go here and download the driver, dont install yet.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_93.71.html

use this program to uninstall the old drivers first, restart your computer
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745 Gonna test i now..ill edit this post for the results..

install the new nvidia drivers you downloaded.

if that dindt work go through your bios setting and check if your agp settings are ok.

Under Advanced:

Agp Aperture Size try- 128mb
Agp Data rate should be- 8x
Agp fast write if is disabled try enabling it, if is enabled try disabling it. DID it but still not working...
Primary Graphics Adapter set to AGP
after making any changes make sure you save---> F10

if that doesnt help you could always try reinstalling windoows :(

or get a new motherboard Id recommend ASUS over ASrock, ASrock uses the same chipset as Asus, just lower quality.

I buyed this motherboard a while ago.It has 1 year warranty and i brought it back into that shop..they tried to repair the old one but (Badluck) and they told us that we had to wait till the Asrock company has to give us an otherboard with the same type..And now i got this..

hope that helps.

BTW, what was wrong the first time your motherboard "Broke" why did you have to send it to Asrock?Becasue i had an error after the wondows loading (IRCQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) i thought it was my Windows , So i format it and still no luck..I coul'nt even install Windows.
Gonna edit this POST

Witch Nvidia Do i have to remove?

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
just an FYI about the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error.

btw I think its IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL not IRCQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL errors usually mean one of the following:

CPU is overheating since your cpu is AMD I wouldnt be surprised if it was overheating, since AMDs get pretty hot.

Ram maybe bad.

Best answers
I trust AMD and i know that this thing has nothing to do with my processor...
This happend all before my motherboard was going to be repaired...(it wasent possible)

So asrock gave me an other one from the same type...
I need to fix this pc..Because the other one want's my siss i got anotherone with better GC and Proc
Hhehehehheheheheheheh

hahahahahahahahhahahahahahah

Dude I can tell you haven't been reading the news, but AMD is suffering huge finantial problems due to crappy buisness desitions and getting whipped by C2D and buying out ATI, and rumor is that K-10 will never see the light of day.

I suggest you all invest in Intel, AMD stocks are going down fast.

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
just an FYI about the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error.

btw I think its IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL not IRCQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL errors usually mean one of the following:

CPU is overheating since your cpu is AMD I wouldnt be surprised if it was overheating, since AMDs get pretty hot.

Ram maybe bad.
I'm SURE it is IRCQ_LESS_OR_EQUAL

MY NIGHTMARE

"ircq_not_less_or_equal"
"***STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000000, 0x00000016, 0x00000000, 0xF90A5E03)

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/142612-grrrrr-new-mobo-drivers.html (A guy like me in the same situation)

Hhehehehheheheheheheh

hahahahahahahahhahahahahahah

Dude I can tell you haven't been reading the news, but AMD is suffering huge finantial problems due to crappy buisness desitions and getting whipped by C2D and buying out ATI, and rumor is that K-10 will never see the light of day.

I suggest you all invest in Intel, AMD stocks are going down fast.
if you try to help me (please do it in a other way)
IT's JUST MY OPINION INTEL SUX!!!

BTW : READ MY OTHER POST ABOVE

REALYY APPICIATE YOU GUYS PPL WHO WANNA HELP ME!

Best answers
if you try to help me (please do it in a other way)
IT's JUST MY OPINION INTEL SUX!!!

BTW : READ MY OTHER POST ABOVE

REALYY APPICIATE YOU GUYS PPL WHO WANNA HELP ME!

I know this is pure Gestalt, but WHY do you hate Intel? WHY are you so biased to AMD? HAVE YOU EVEN TRIED AN INTEL CPU BEFORE????

You are like religion, you are blindly attracted to a faith, yet you BLINDLY HATE ON anything else.

Try getting World of Warcraft, then come back here complaining when you get 5FPS, then I'll tell you what Intel CPU to get.

It will be the best decition of your life.

Also in another thread you said you are also an ATI hater....GUESS WHO BOUGHT ATI BUDDY!!!!!!

If you support AMD then you support ATI.

Now listen, as to your problem, it could be ANYTHING! Maybe your BIOS is curropted, maybe your RAM got ****ed, maybe your grfx card is overheating....maybe your PSU is dieing.....WE CANNOT GIVE YOU AN ANSWER!!!

Your best option is getting someone who knows computers to come to your house and check the inside of that thing.

ALSO YOU SHOULD FORMAT WINDOWS!!!!! You have a different moterboard (dosen't matter if its the same model) so YOU NEED TO FORMAT!

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
I pretty sure its the nvidia/nvidia wdm, but to make sure, just use add/remove programs uninstall the nvidia display drivers and run that program again and see what it shows, although add/remove should be enough.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You mentioned instlaling a bunch of different drivers for your card

Did you actually uninstall the drivers before installing the new ones? Maybe some old settings/files got mixed in with new ones and it's coming out and messing it up.

That's just a blind shot in the dark though.

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
You mentioned instlaling a bunch of different drivers for your card

Did you actually uninstall the drivers before installing the new ones? Maybe some old settings/files got mixed in with new ones and it's coming out and messing it up.

That's just a blind shot in the dark though.
Lol i have to say that i didnt install them.... I see even ATI things there.

okay i installed NO one lives forever 2 (Very old) But its just the same like Prince of persia.

Now uninstalling driver then DCleaner

I'll edit this post.

Format IS THE LAST THING THAT IM GOING TO DO!!

EDIT : Used DC not worked..

What i see is this Just like prince of persia

http://img84.imageshack.us/my.php?image=naamloos2qe0.png No mainmenu titles Like prince of persia

http://img95.imageshack.us/my.php?image=naamloos3sj5.png Couldnt even test prince of persia runnging

I dont see any textures and those other thingss

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1851/naamloos345xn9.png

OMG is this the newest Driver?? I think that Kaination is right my driver is mixed up..

BTW : I cant open my control panel

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
OHH YEAH.... Don't know what the Problem was.... But i formatted my PC and Anything works....

Hey GUYS Thank you for HELPING me espassially (ss4 Gogeta, Kaination)

And srry for the doublepost and you can now close this thread.. :laff:

Now back to gaming..

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
ALSO YOU SHOULD FORMAT WINDOWS!!!!! You have a different moterboard (dosen't matter if its the same model) so YOU NEED TO FORMAT!
why would you need to format? usually a XP repair does the trick when changing the motherboard.

@ USSJ_Gohan too bad it came down to formatting, hopefully you dindt lose any important data, but aleast ur back up and running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom