my first model...and its going great!

Best answers
imkongkong said:
unless youre very artistically talented and have been working for 3 days.. 24 hours a day, straight
to make that face? o_O if ur serious u got some problems i could make that same exact face in like 20 mins with the wasted polys and everything.

but if ur talking about a whole model then yea i have seen people finish a model in like 5 hours and they were good too. :yes:

jp said:
Uch, come on, i don't really care if he did 3 days, or 3 years, i just like the model.
good point jp it is a good model whether he made it or not.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the reason its taking so long is that its my first model, the reason its turning out well is because im working with a tutorial on how to model a character, if u still think im lieing about the 3 days or that i ripped it then i got my brother who witnessed me constructing the model from scratch and a friend, if any of u still think that im lieing or have ripped it then im afriad your wrong
---
any more refs on the body would be most helpful

Best answers
For once we come across a promessing beginner-modeller and what do we do? We scare em away.
I mean cmon guys I see this is a serious guy with some serious talent and you should see that too. Don't be jealous.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The_Real_Legend said:
For once we come across a promessing beginner-modeller and what do we do? We scare em away.
I mean cmon guys I see this is a serious guy with some serious talent and you should see that too. Don't be jealous.
Nobody scared anyone away. For the second time, lets please get back on topic. The thread isnt about weather or not his work is legit. Im sure DarkStallion wouldnt want his thread closed for spam, so please get back on topic.

Best answers
I don't see how he could rip something like that. Not to sound harsh but that isn't to great of a model, the face is smushed and the poly structure is what I like to call a HPS (my word, good luck figuring it out ;0).

My advice, practice modeling heads more and study poly flow.

Good luck

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehe thx all, nothing will scare me from here haha, id like to post a pic right now of what ive got, but id rather post one later when ive got more of the head finished so it looks more complete

and yet again, im still looking for those reference pics so if anyone finds any be sure to post them here :laff:

Best answers
Darn hold on i will download em and put em on my photobucket acount

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks a lot The_Real_Legend!!! thats what i call budokai style! that would be perfect for a front view for the body, now all i need is a side and back view

edit: hey thx styer, that bottom pic will be perfect for the legs!

Best answers
Nice, pretty good for 3 days I also just started modeling, thats good for a starter

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thx, its not that easy to do the hair for most starters but i found a way to get around it, heres a small update

wireframe + smoothshaded

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just take your time, becouse if you try to finish it fast, you forget things and you make mistakes.

I hope to see the result once, and that its playable, if not, i can understand it.

BTW, the hair looks good, except the middle hair piece, it looks like its to bend, let me show you what it mean.
Maybe i'm totally wrong, but this is how i would do it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
umm im not so sure because im using one of my action figures as a guide to do the hair, as to weather im making it playable or not im not sure atm, lol im taking my time to do this as i dont have a lot of experience modeling, but i can see that ur improving JP

but here is a pic of what im using: (the face on this action firgure looks half-assed lol, but im only using the hair to help me :])
:laff:

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, well i said i could be wrong, and you proven it. :)

But not every goku drawing has hair like that.

Best answers
Its Hideous so UUNGGHHHH!!!!

...the picture not ur model

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehe ya, thats what i meant when i said the face looked half-assed, i have this ssj2 gohan action figure that looks perfect, but anyway does anyone have anymore sujestions or comments so far on my mdl except to reduce to poly count as i might not use this in hl1 :]

Best answers
lol thats one ugly goku! (again hehe , not your model!!)

dude, sorry to say this but lmfao - you got doll ripped!!! loooooooooool

ur dolly dealer tricked ya!!! }8-((( baeh

gl, u work slow but you also work accuratly, with the real phisical ref u used, ur pretty good
now try to do it according to some real ones (A.K.A - find better dolls)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, not alot of progress yet but it looksok i quess for a start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom