MY FIRST MAP!!!!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i get to see this: ALERT: the file you are trying to access belongs to BLACKSTAR GOTEN (the site your at now) please get the file you are seeking here. Someone was trying to leech off my download. If you would like to report them for leeching please e-mail me at [email protected] thank you and I hope you get the file you seek

Best answers
Sry guy but youve to learn much about mapping!
You cant really call this map map!
Mail me if you want some examples of environment mapping!

Best answers
Kargeff, it's his first map...dont forget that!
okay, let's see:
First of all, the lightning: the whole map is much too bright! But I assume, that you didnt add any light-entities at all...so thats what you should do next.
Secondly, the mountains: To be able to create realistic mountains, you need to get familiar to vertex manipulation! This tool is the key to good lookin outdoor environment!
look at this pic, its from one of my esf maps(nearly all brushes in this pic are edited with the vertex manipulation tool!!)

So, all in all it's not such a bad map, considering it's your first one!!!

Best answers
U got a leak... Or u didnt use lights at all, judging leak cuz your map seams to realle laggy
Meaning your rad dosnt run, and therefore creates no light...
Also your Vis dosnt run, so your map LAGGS soo bad, in one of the pics i saw 22 fps...

So it isnt such a great map, but u did good since its your first time ever.

And i belive ESF is the easiest mod EVER to map for...

Best answers
don't know why you guys got that error i got the anti leeching thing setup so that stuff can be shown here on the forum ill look into it though right now and see the problem also i can click and see all the links fine

Best answers
But this maps looks like a collection of some Tofu blocks together with a strange flying tower,this doesnt make any sense to me!
But ive an idea what this map should be,maybe its the karin tower!
But in the map theres no forest around....and i think that there are no lighst because he forgot the lightning calculation!
But no prob,just practice a bit!
cu

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's your first map, so you'll pick up more styles and techniques as you progress.
Did you use a light_environment entity in the map? If there aren't any light entities in the map at all it will compile fullbright, the way the lighting is in this map.
Either that or VIS didn't run, or encountered an error with halted it.
Did you base the map off of anything or just thought it up? It's good for a first map, just keep at it. ;)

Best answers
My first map differed a bit to this....lets call it.....hrm....lets call it strange thing!

Best answers
Hey nemecj05 I really dont want to hurt you but your map is really ****!
Please make a new one!
(and search for some betatesters before....i could do thie my email is [email protected])
cu

Best answers
wow, what flamers my first map THINK ABOUT IT its not meant to be a GOOD map it was a test, i purpously made it look weird DUR DUR DUUR so stop you fkaming chicken!

Best answers
someone help me with this vertex tool i dont know how to make my textures look smooth and cool help!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom